You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

As a big early proponent of Revolut I've been disappoint by it lately, multiple times it's blocked a transaction for no reason, I was in the states at the weekend and it blocked my hotel payment so I had to put it onto my own card, it's getting annoying to the extreme.

Happened me in Copenhagen actually. No cash on me whatsoever and the card kept rejecting even though there was more than enough on it.
Happened me in Copenhagen also, but just went into the app and unfroze it after contacting their online chat. Supposedly the crad froze as a security feature due to the volume of transactions ( mostly €4.70 in the Dubliner) made in a short space of time. After I unfroze it I havent had an issue since although I havent used it as much obviously.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:53pm
They do have a lot of techical glitches..I'd say one out of ten transactions for me it doesn't work. Couple of days ago the push notification feature wasn't working. At least they tell you on the app if there are technical difficulties
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:20pm
I'm gonna look at setting up the business option of Revolut for a couple of my businesses 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:27pm
Got charged 9.69e and then an addional 12cents for withdrawing 130e yesterday.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

theres stamp duty in Ireland if you use it in an ATM. Ive been using it in shops for contactless without any charges.And you can only withdraw €200 pm month from an ATM before charges apply. Its all on the pricing section of their website.

https://www.revolut.com/ie/pricing

Edited by Sham157 - 16 Jan 2018 at 11:21pm
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm

What currency you withdraw horsebox and had you gone over your free monthly allowance? €200 I think it is

€9.69 sounds wrong to me.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:32am
I never withdraw cash. It was the first time.

I'd only made a handful of small purchases too.

I think I did choose the wrong option when taking it out and choose the local currently. I don't recall.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:42am

I never withdraw cash. It was the first time.

I'd only made a handful of small purchases too.

I think I did choose the wrong option when taking it out and choose the local currently. I don't recall.

Possibly.  You normally get an option during the cash withdrawal process to accept or decline currency conversion - I always decline, same way when I'm staying at a hotel that I would normally ask the hotel to take the money for the stay in their local currency instead of the one on the card I'm using.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:57pm
I often just used the GB currency and it worked out the same, but generally would try and keep it in Euros
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:42am
We go again Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

We go again Clap

Clap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
Great job for Cardiff and Copenhagen. Worked a charm in Denmark the last time Clap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 3:32pm
They’re doing pay by the day travel insurance now I see.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:16pm
discovering Revolut is up there with discovering masturbation - a fantastic piece of kit Clap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 8:14am
Was that your reaction then too gaz. Cocky fcker. :)).
AKA pedantic kunt
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:56am
Question: 
If I put $1000 dollars on my card, and then when im in the US can I go to ATM's and withdraw dollars numerous times without transaction fees, or is there a certain amount of cash you can only take out in ATMs per month / or a certain amount you can use an ATM each month? 

Or is this bulls**t as just wondering can I use ATMs and withdraw whenever I want instead of using the card to swipe all the time while im abroad? 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Question: 
If I put $1000 dollars on my card, and then when im in the US can I go to ATM's and withdraw dollars numerous times without transaction fees, or is there a certain amount of cash you can only take out in ATMs per month / or a certain amount you can use an ATM each month? 

Or is this bulls**t as just wondering can I use ATMs and withdraw whenever I want instead of using the card to swipe all the time while im abroad? 

€200 per month ATM Withdrawal on the free version or €400 on the premium. With draw more and you pay fees.

Edited by Sham157 - 29 Jan 2018 at 12:00pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Question: 

€200 per month ATM Withdrawal on the free version or €400 on the premium. With draw more and you pay fees.

In the US you can swipe it everywhere.
I normally take some dollars for tips and use the card for everything else.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
  Share Topic