You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:27pm
I tried to but kraken crashed on me. Angry Was trying to cash out and by the time I did I'd lost another 100

Not for me this playing the exchanges crap. I'm just gonna put a few quid in BTC and ADA and see how it goes.

The more I try to be smart and move between money the more I lose. LOL

Edited by Flanno7hi - 01 Feb 2021 at 2:27pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:39pm
Revolut making some money in trading fees over the past few days.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:53pm
You’d expect a rebound of sorts, now that it can’t be bought cheaply. Was reading on twitter that some exchanges put a freeze on purchases @1.30

I’m still up about 10% on investment but problem is I was 55% at 7.30 this morning LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

You’d expect a rebound of sorts, now that it can’t be bought cheaply. Was reading on twitter that some exchanges put a freeze on purchases @1.30

I’m still up about 10% on investment but problem is I was 55% at 7.30 this morning LOL
I'm not sure you would. A rebound happens when a market thinks that something is undervalued.
With the artificial pushing of the price and the SEC case upcoming, I don't think people will see this as undervalued. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I'm not sure you would. A rebound happens when a market thinks that something is undervalued.
With the artificial pushing of the price and the SEC case upcoming, I don't think people will see this as undervalued. 
I don’t mean back to where it was this morning & I don’t mean long term, just today I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a small climb before it settles where it should be. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
Lodged a sell order on revolut at a profit for AMC, they delayed it and sold it at a loss 🤷‍♂️

That's me done, stuck a small lump sum into the pension yesterday, will get 40% back in tax relief, better use of my money. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Lodged a sell order on revolut at a profit for AMC, they delayed it and sold it at a loss 🤷‍♂️

That's me done, stuck a small lump sum into the pension yesterday, will get 40% back in tax relief, better use of my money. 
Much better bet this for the average Joe. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:27pm
Cashed out at 1.31. Still at a loss but lucky i did or it could have been much worse. Have friends that lost a few hundred in seconds
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:21pm
I see GameStop absolutely plummeted today too. Mugs game
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I see GameStop absolutely plummeted today too. Mugs game
Was that not the plan all along to really get the hedge funds than even when they cover their losses they are done both ways 
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:24pm
Yeah I thought it was but it has plummeted and rebounded a couple of times and it's rebounding again here. Who knows LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:26pm
Revolut have stopped people from buying shares in GameStop & AMC

Hi 9f, 

From today, we will only be able to facilitate the selling of GameStop (NYSE: GME) and AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC) stocks for the time being. Unfortunately, our broker-dealer in the US, DriveWealth, can no longer offer Buys on these stocks due to increased capital requirements set by the Depository Trust Company (DTC) in the US.

What does this mean for me?

You can only sell out your existing holdings in these stocks. Any outstanding buy orders on these two symbols made after Monday’s (1 February) close will automatically be cancelled prior to market open on February 2 2021.

None of our other stocks are affected at this time and are available to trade as normal.

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:34pm
GameStop has rebounded - up $75 a share in less than an hour. Madness
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 5:09pm
It's a bit mad. Most brokers have stopped purchasing or limited purchasing. When you do that, and don't restrict selling, price should go through the floor. It's holding up somewhat. Gonna be very interesting what happens when they take away the restrictions
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 3:49pm
Was up in Belfast\Derry for 5 nights last week and this poxy card wouldn't work a lot of the time, sometimes it would.

Can't recall the errors, wasn't able to top up either.

Got hit with multiple charges for NEPOSCHGGBP with one being nearly 4e.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Was up in Belfast\Derry for 5 nights last week and this poxy card wouldn't work a lot of the time, sometimes it would.

Can't recall the errors, wasn't able to top up either.

Got hit with multiple charges for NEPOSCHGGBP with one being nearly 4e.
Did ya setup a GBP accout before you strted using it? You need to have a GBP account on your Revolut, transfer across from your EUR to the GBP account to avoid the transaction charges on each transaction.

Also, the North has some weird limit on how much you can tap, think anything over 45 quid needs to be chip and pin.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 1:56pm
These transactions were on my BOI debit card because the revolut card wouldn't work.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 2:41pm
always carry cash as a backup, it still works Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
  Share Topic