You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.

A man in a shop told me that the icon on your card which looks like this )))) means you have a contactless card. All hail the man in the shop
my card is one of the older Mastercard versions and doesnt have the symbol .Upgraded it for free Clap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.
the card i got prior to Denmark was contactless.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:06pm
The Revolut Card has been given the Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:15pm
Buying that tv, remember that it's only fee free up to 2k per month. Now, you will be grand for the tv alone, but if you were (say) adding a sound bar to it and doing a whack of grocery shopping in Newry and going on holiday somewhere that doesn't use the euro, in the next month, it might add up.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Poor TJ still cant get his head around it
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:02am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Buying that tv, remember that it's only fee free up to 2k per month. Now, you will be grand for the tv alone, but if you were (say) adding a sound bar to it and doing a whack of grocery shopping in Newry and going on holiday somewhere that doesn't use the euro, in the next month, it might add up.

Thanks SD. I only wish I had 2K to blow this month
Broke now, but I've a a lovely tv, with an extra 15 inches, for the World Cup.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Broke now, but I've a a lovely tv, with an extra 15 inches, for the World Cup.

There's another use of the abreveation of TV, and when you ad in the extra inches it takes on another meaning altogether. So I'm sure you'll have a painful but joyful world cup with your TVWink
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Poor TJ still cant get his head around it

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:24pm
I wonder does Theresa May know that Britain could exit the single market yet make significant savings to the country by importing goods on the governments Revolut Card thus avoiding banks ludicrous fees?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:21pm

I wonder does Theresa May know that Britain could exit the single market yet make significant savings to the country by importing goods on the governments Revolut Card thus avoiding banks ludicrous fees?
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 10:21pm
I've heard revolut is up n' running for business, but I don't have a business one as yet, only the personal card, but here's my question.... Can I pay invoices (say, 10k+ in dollars) with no exchange or transaction fee, if I just transfer enough funds on to my revolut card? It'd be to an American bank a/c

Also, so where is it that revolut actually make their money? Confused

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I've heard revolut is up n' running for business, but I don't have a business one as yet, only the personal card, but here's my question.... Can I pay invoices (say, 10k+ in dollars) with no exchange or transaction fee, if I just transfer enough funds on to my revolut card? It'd be to an American bank a/c

Also, so where is it that revolut actually make their money? Confused

The fx rate is good but they are still making a tiny % on it.
Every time you swipe the shop/restaurant/bar etc gets charged a small fee. These all add up.
Also Revolut offers credit and premium accounts that attract fees.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:30pm
It's only 2k per month w/o fees.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:49pm
Ah, right Ted Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:39pm
Sorted my flights for Cheltenham today which confirms one thing..... THE Revolut card will be coming out in March!   

Edited by ShamtheRam - 11 Jan 2018 at 11:40pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Sorted my flights for Cheltenham today which confirms one thing..... THE Revolut card will be coming out in March!   

A very wise move all round !
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
As a big early proponent of Revolut I've been disappoint by it lately, multiple times it's blocked a transaction for no reason, I was in the states at the weekend and it blocked my hotel payment so I had to put it onto my own card, it's getting annoying to the extreme.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

As a big early proponent of Revolut I've been disappoint by it lately, multiple times it's blocked a transaction for no reason, I was in the states at the weekend and it blocked my hotel payment so I had to put it onto my own card, it's getting annoying to the extreme.

Happened me in Copenhagen actually. No cash on me whatsoever and the card kept rejecting even though there was more than enough on it.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
  Share Topic