You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Premium you get 2 cards . Topper has one card and Willie the other and Eamonn has none

I've honestly no idea what you're talking about LOL Topper, Eamon? What? Confused
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by WillieMaley WillieMaley wrote:

Premium you get 2 cards . Topper has one card and Willie the other and Eamonn has none

I've honestly no idea what you're talking about LOL Topper, Eamon? What? Confused

Ah forget it .... it flew straight over your head
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:40pm

Originally posted by WillieMaley WillieMaley wrote:

Ah forget it .... it flew straight over your head
LOL
I will wear no pilot's uniform
nor meekly serve my time
until Eamonn brands Topper's sh*te
as 800 posts of crime

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:56pm
Not wanting to send a few lads into meltdown on the Denmark thread, ill bump this to ask my question...maybe some of you Revolut users can answer me..

Is it better to exchange your balance or part of to the currency (DKK) prior to withdrawing from the ATM over there or leave as a € balance? Im thinking specifically of the €200 monthly limit on physical withdrawals from the ATM and not wanting to exceed that and paying a fee. I will use contactless and cash back where possible but always like to have a bit of cash in the pocket.

Edited by Sham157 - 08 Nov 2017 at 5:57pm
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Not wanting to send a few lads into meltdown on the Denmark thread, ill bump this to ask my question...maybe some of you Revolut users can answer me..

Is it better to exchange your balance or part of to the currency (DKK) prior to withdrawing from the ATM over there or leave as a € balance? Im thinking specifically of the €200 monthly limit on physical withdrawals from the ATM and not wanting to exceed that and paying a fee. I will use contactless and cash back where possible but always like to have a bit of cash in the pocket.

That would be an ecumenical matter.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

That would be an ecumenical matter.
Yes
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:09pm
I just transfer whatever I need from my main account to the revolut card just before withdrawing it, free to transfer from the account so no need to be worrying about that.

From what I hear Denmark is mostly pay by card so I'd probably just take out the €100 worth of kroner then preceed as you see fit with anything else if you're looking some actual cash in your hand.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:18pm

Doesn't make too much difference to be honest, the only thing is there is a 0.5% charge on the weekends so probably better to take it out on the Friday either way
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 7:07pm
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 12:41pm
Is it better to pay with this card when buying goods online form the UK or just use my regular BOI Mastcard CC?

I'm buying a tv so the exchange rate, fees etc. could amount to a fair few euro. 
Buying off Richersounds in sterling price.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
Use the revolut. Better echange rate and no fees.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm

Use the revolut. Better echange rate and no fees.

Sound Thumbs Up Thanks Sham.

I needed the reassurance!

TJ may mock this card but if it saves me 30 Euro I'll be happy.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
Would you not pay with Bitcoin?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:37pm
2017 was definitely the year of Revolut
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Would you not pay with Bitcoin?
I only use my Bitcoin for purchases worth over 100K.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:54pm
You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

2017 was definitely the year of Revolut

Those in the know it was 2016 Cool 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.

A man in a shop told me that the icon on your card which looks like this )))) means you have a contactless card. All hail the man in the shop
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
  Share Topic