You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Such hassle to save a a euro

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:40pm
The Revolut live chat has spoken:
The card will auto-convert your balance to the currency you're spending in at the best rate so there is no need to pre-purchase currency. You can currently only exchange between USD, GBP, EUR, PLN, CHF, DKK, NOK, SEK, RON, SGD, HKD, AUD, NZD, TRY, ILS, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, CZK, QAR, THB, and ZAR on the app.

We will be adding more base currencies later which you will be able to load onto your Revolut account and exchange to lock in a great rate.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm

Travelers Cheque the only job
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm

and still clueless on it
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:46pm
Best thing to do is pm Trap Junior he's the go to man for any questions
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It usually takes from the currency you're withdrawing in unless you don't have enough of that currency in your account and takes from which currency you do have.

If you had enough Kroner and no Sterling before that then that's pretty odd...
Had absolutely no sterling
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:53pm
It usually takes from the currency you're withdrawing in unless you don't have enough of that currency in your account and takes from which currency you do have.

If you had enough Kroner and no Sterling before that then that's pretty odd...
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I'm travelling to Cheltenham next week. If I put €200 on my revolut card..and I wish to withdraw at an atm in UK should I convert the € to £ on the app before doing so,?

Doesn't make much difference, if you leave it in euro it will give you the interbank exchange rate at the time you use the card, less 0.5% if it's the weekend. If you exchange it beforehand you just get whatever rate at time of exchange, less 0.5% at the weekend.

If you see a good sterling rate, lock it in. I have alerts set up to let me know if/when sterling hits £0.90 and USD at $1.25 as I need both those currencies this year, I just leave some money there in euro and exchange it when there's a good rate.

The reason I'm confused by it all is down to when I was in Copenhagen. I exchanged the money from euro to krone on the app before going to an ATM then when I went to the ATM I realised the money was exchanged yet again but from Pounds to Krone. Is that normal or just something that occurs in Denmark?

See below :
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:21pm

I'm travelling to Cheltenham next week. If I put €200 on my revolut card..and I wish to withdraw at an atm in UK should I convert the € to £ on the app before doing so,?

Doesn't make much difference, if you leave it in euro it will give you the interbank exchange rate at the time you use the card, less 0.5% if it's the weekend. If you exchange it beforehand you just get whatever rate at time of exchange, less 0.5% at the weekend.

If you see a good sterling rate, lock it in. I have alerts set up to let me know if/when sterling hits £0.90 and USD at $1.25 as I need both those currencies this year, I just leave some money there in euro and exchange it when there's a good rate.

Edited by nvidic - 07 Mar 2018 at 2:22pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:54pm

I think you do convert it to the currency of the country you're in.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Just do what the rest of us do - Take £50, have a bet on the first race, deal in cash then for the rest of you trip !!!!!
That's the plan alright but want to know the best option for future reference.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:14pm

Just do what the rest of us do - Take £50, have a bet on the first race, deal in cash then for the rest of you trip !!!!!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:11pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Simple question: 
Can a third party walk into AIB and top up my revolut account? It'd be a few grand and how long would it take to hit my account? 

Hit top up on the app and then bank transfer. It gives you an Iban and a reference. If you give that to the person they can arrange a transfer. Takes a few days.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:40am
Simple question: 
Can a third party walk into AIB and top up my revolut account? It'd be a few grand and how long would it take to hit my account? 
Here we go again
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If you lose your card it's €7 to replace, but just thinking back I had mine skimmed as I could see some strange attempts to buy extra sized ridged dildos in $, so I asked Revolut about it and they said ok we will issue you a new card for free.

So if you lose your card. Just go and try and buy some weird random crap and the declineds will show up on your card, and then contact custmer care querying these strange attempted purchases Cool

Yessss, some "strange attempts" indeed...

LOLLOLLOL

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:03pm
If you lose your card it's €7 to replace, but just thinking back I had mine skimmed as I could see some strange attempts to buy extra sized ridged dildos in $, so I asked Revolut about it and they said ok we will issue you a new card for free.

So if you lose your card. Just go and try and buy some weird random crap and the declineds will show up on your card, and then contact custmer care querying these strange attempted purchases Cool
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
  Share Topic