You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 3:44pm
I've had a small travel insurance claim ongoing for ages. Pile of crap service
It would damage this forums' reputation
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 1:25pm
i only ever have the bare minimum on my card at any one time. the service is far too flaky to trust keeping substantial sums of money on it for any length of time. 

i literally load it up, exchange to euros and transfer it immediately or if abroad load it up with the equivalent of a 100 euro at a time, spend it then reload.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 9:41am
they cancelled my card in Feb thats why it wasnt working  - ordered a new one , not  fan of virtual cards 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Finding Revolut more hassle than its worth these days between the constant changing of cards both physical and digital but even more annoying the constant need to submit new ID every time THEY update their polices as well as when the ID expires.

Like, its still f**king me lads! LOL

Me passport expired there and they were asking for new ID, they don't accept drivers license and we don't have an official government ID. So me account is going to be suspended in so many days if I dont supply new ID.

Wont be going away again this year either so not arsed getting a passport any time soon, so its back to using AIB for the time being. Who have never asked for ID in 25 years odd since I first opening the account!

I would recommend you renew and not let it lapse for any length of time 

The PP? Its should be grand for renewal up until 5 year of expiry. Left it over a year last time and there was no hassle anyway. Unless that has changed?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Finding Revolut more hassle than its worth these days between the constant changing of cards both physical and digital but even more annoying the constant need to submit new ID every time THEY update their polices as well as when the ID expires.

Me passport expired there and they were asking for new ID, they don't accept drivers license and we don't have an official government ID. So me account is going to be suspended in so many days if I dont supply new ID.

Wont be going away again this year either so not arsed getting a passport any time soon, so its back to using AIB for the time being. Who have never asked for ID in 25 years odd since I first opening the account!

I would recommend you renew and not let it lapse for any length of time 
AKA pedantic kunt
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:47pm

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Going despair with this crowd 

Account locked as they are reviewing it because of a fraud case in which my  Revolut was part of it (AIB funds sent to my Revolut account and then sent to the bastard of a scammers account). Top up charge back 

Some nightmare esp having my '£ holiday money' ready to go on my Revolut
Bloody saving up for the past few weeks and all that could be gone now 

Jesus 

My card doesn’t seem to work either contactless nor pin still waiting on a replacement  

did you not get the emails over the past few months advising of the need to change your card?

Possibly I get a lot of email usually of the why not sign up a friend type 

they've been spamming me for months to ensure i knew to change my card as the old one was going to be cancelled by a certain date. like McG the emails kept coming after i got the new card.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:11pm

Account locked as they are reviewing it because of a fraud case in which my  Revolut was part of it (AIB funds sent to my Revolut account and then sent to the bastard of a scammers account). Top up charge back 

Jesus 

My card doesn’t seem to work either contactless nor pin still waiting on a replacement  

did you not get the emails over the past few months advising of the need to change your card?

I renewed my card and I’m still getting emails 

The above sort of thing would have me concerned for crypto holdings etc 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:02pm

Jesus 

Possibly I get a lot of email usually of the why not sign up a friend type 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 7:01pm

jesus sounds like a right dose. hope it gets sorted soon.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:55pm

Jesus 

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:49pm
Yeah no prior warning or anything even when I was consulting with them during the investigation of the fraud (have a garda statement) 

One morning woke up and notification from the app saying 'my account is locked and a review is taking place'. My balance also in - and no way in hell can I afford to pay them back 

All there communication is through email/chat and no phone 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:35pm
Heard nightmares reports of people actually physically going to the hq in London to get their accounts back open  and they still refuse. Some fella traveled from France think he had a couple of grand in it and they still refused. 

Edited by jamo1 - 31 Jul 2022 at 5:36pm
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:35pm

Jesus 

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 4:23pm

Edited by Healy52003 - 31 Jul 2022 at 4:25pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 9:50am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Open an Australian Wallet on Revolut and Transfer it directly from the Australian Bank Account as Australian Dollars to Revolut. That's what people do here with UAE Dirhams anyway.

Haven't heard that. Does it work out well? Found that transferring from my UAE account to Revolut and then onto AIB was more expensive than transferring directly from ADCB to AIB.

Is it not done at the wholesale rate? That's certainly the case when transferring from sterling to euro with revolut.

Banks will want their pound of flesh, surprised to hear bank to bank was/is cheaper than revolut.

It's been a 2 or 3 years since I transferred home using Revolut but at the time I was getting charged a fee to transfer to Revolut, while being charged on the transaction by Revolut also (it was about 16e for 1000e, it's now 21e for the same amount). Revolut isn't supported in the UAE so assumed that this was the reason for it being more expensive than bank to bank.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 9:47am

Open an Australian Wallet on Revolut and Transfer it directly from the Australian Bank Account as Australian Dollars to Revolut. That's what people do here with UAE Dirhams anyway.

Haven't heard that. Does it work out well? Found that transferring from my UAE account to Revolut and then onto AIB was more expensive than transferring directly from ADCB to AIB.

I haven't actually done it myself but if you search Revolut on the Irish in Dubai Facebook group then a lot of people talk about how to do it. 

Cheers I'll check it out Thumbs Up
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:04am

Is it not done at the wholesale rate? That's certainly the case when transferring from sterling to euro with revolut.

Banks will want their pound of flesh, surprised to hear bank to bank was/is cheaper than revolut.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
  Share Topic