You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 - Venues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:37am
Only Parken in Denmark is smaller than LR in the venues for this. Compare that to Euro 2016 - 7 of the 10 venues there were smaller. 5 of the 8 in Euro 2012 were smaller, and 7 of the 8 in 2008, 2004 and 2000.

This will be the best attended Euros ever, and by some margin.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:18am
Really is a horrible Euros though. Just pure garbage having it spread everywhere. The last Euros was bad enough, in that all teams had a match in 3 separate cities. Security reasons or whatever, it was the heads of football defecating all over fans. This Euros spread all over Europe is another cod, and a giant slap in the face for fans again.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:27am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Only Parken in Denmark is smaller than LR in the venues for this. Compare that to Euro 2016 - 7 of the 10 venues there were smaller. 5 of the 8 in Euro 2012 were smaller, and 7 of the 8 in 2008, 2004 and 2000.

Assuming the grounds are full...
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:22am
As a one off, I don't think it's a bad idea. We'll never get to host a tournament on our own, it's great to have four matches here.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Really is a horrible Euros though. Just pure garbage having it spread everywhere. The last Euros was bad enough, in that all teams had a match in 3 separate cities. Security reasons or whatever, it was the heads of football defecating all over fans. This Euros spread all over Europe is another cod, and a giant slap in the face for fans again.
Barstool fans don't care where the games are, it's all the same to them. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What's barstool fans got to do with anything??
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Assuming the grounds are full...

Well, the tickets will be sold.

Every chump here will buy tickets before the tournament when they first go on sale. If we don't qualify and it's Slovenia v Czech Republic, I don't expect the place to be full, but the tickets will all be sold.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:13pm

That's where all the money comes from fans sitting at home watching it 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

But there will massive numbers of fans sitting at home watching these tournament s either way. Whether they are based in 1 country or 10 countries, the viewing figures on TV will be massive and much the same I would think. For fans attending Euro 2016, having group stages based in 3 cities instead of 2 was a big slap in the face to fans attending. Also totally ruins the vibe of the tournament for fans imo. 2020 is a far bigger sh*t show than 2016 imo, feels like a write off of a tournament.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:53pm
Having a group based in 3 cities instead of 2 for Euro 2016 was a bonus for me : Got to see different cities I hadn't been to before and all easily reachable by train. Don't see any downside.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Having a group based in 3 cities instead of 2 for Euro 2016 was a bonus for me : Got to see different cities I hadn't been to before and all easily reachable by train. Don't see any downside.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think the majority of fans like to have a base city, then travel to the 2nd group game game for the day or whatever, and back to the base city. The travel involved in the movement between 3 different cities in a group stage is ludicrous. Then you have fans who will stay for knockouts if possible, which with a 24 team euros only knowing 8 teams out at the group stage is very likely to happen. Look at Ireland in Euro 2016 ( Paris to Bordeaux to Lille to Lyon). That is a farcical amount of travel imo for fans attending games.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 3:41pm

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the majority of fans like to have a base city, then travel to the 2nd group game game for the day or whatever, and back to the base city. The travel involved in the movement between 3 different cities in a group stage is ludicrous. Then you have fans who will stay for knockouts if possible, which with a 24 team euros only knowing 8 teams out at the group stage is very likely to happen. Look at Ireland in Euro 2016 ( Paris to Bordeaux to Lille to Lyon). That is a farcical amount of travel imo for fans attending games.

The travelling was one of the best parts of the trip I would have hated to have had to stay in the one place! 4 nights in Paris, 6 nights in La Rochelle, 4 nights in Lille and 3 nights in Lyon was great.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:00pm

I enjoyed the camper road trips and the changes of venue Thumbs Up

On the tournament being a slap in the face: yes and no. It's a sh*t workaround to a sh*t problem - that being that the only serious offer was from Turkey. This is better than that alternative. 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:41pm

But there will massive numbers of fans sitting at home watching these tournament s either way. Whether they are based in 1 country or 10 countries, the viewing figures on TV will be massive and much the same I would think. For fans attending Euro 2016, having group stages based in 3 cities instead of 2 was a big slap in the face to fans attending. Also totally ruins the vibe of the tournament for fans imo. 2020 is a far bigger sh*t show than 2016 imo, feels like a write off of a tournament.

whoosh. Who cares about the fans attending Confused certainly not FIFA or UEFA it's all about money. And most people will be watching it on TV, so they wont give a toss which city the game is in 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm

whoosh. Who cares about the fans attending Confused certainly not FIFA or UEFA it's all about money. And most people will be watching it on TV, so they wont give a toss which city the game is in 
Is that not exactly my point? The clearly don't give a f*ck about attending fans? Imo that is the ruination of the tournament. I agree with the above posts, that plenty enjoyed the change of cities every few days. In saying that, I don't think when a country has a really big traveling contingent for 2 weeks or so, that the majority want that or can handle the cost of that. If the setup was the way it used to be (2 group matches in 1 city, the other in a second city), you'd still have the option of travelling to other cities for tourist trips or other matches. The main point being it doesn't become a necessity though, it's a choice.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 09 Mar 2018 at 5:37pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:47am

Is that not exactly my point? The clearly don't give a f*ck about attending fans? Imo that is the ruination of the tournament. I agree with the above posts, that plenty enjoyed the change of cities every few days. In saying that, I don't think when a country has a really big traveling contingent for 2 weeks or so, that the majority want that or can handle the cost of that. If the setup was the way it used to be (2 group matches in 1 city, the other in a second city), you'd still have the option of travelling to other cities for tourist trips or other matches. The main point being it doesn't become a necessity though, it's a choice.
Hans you're thinking of fans as the ones that travel to the games. The vast majority of viewers don't hence my point of it's all the same when you're watching at home.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:24am
I understand your point Shedite. The tv figures will be what they are whether the tournament is on in one place or 10 places. From an attending fans perspective I think they're destroying the Euros slowly but surely.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:24am
Wasn’t fond of the three city’s 3 matches - too much travelling as was said better 3 games in 2 city’s Poland got it right

Hopefully it’s a headache we have in the not too distant future
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic