Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : The Coaches Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schoolboy player takes club to court

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 3:13pm
It seems the Da was the manager the previous season, making sense now..........fooking stupid dickhead Dad.

Sorry for posting elsewhere, rarely I'm in this section!  Soz Sham. LOL Embarrassed
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 3:15pm
Must be plenty of clubs across the water looking to sign him up now after he took a case against his schoolboy club
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

It seems the Da was the manager the previous season, making sense now..........fooking stupid dickhead Dad.

Sorry for posting elsewhere, rarely I'm in this section!  Soz Sham. LOL Embarrassed
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 4:22pm

certainly makes sense now
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 6:11pm
Another stupid fckin langer
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

As PM said above, if that lad had won the case, there'd be GAA (and soccer and rugby) clubs up and down the country being hit with cases like this with parents queuing up to lodge claims just because their wee 'uns weren't getting a game.

It certainly speaks volumes for today's compensation culture that such a case was even considered, never mind taken all the way to Court. Unhappy 

To extend that point a bit Conor, it would probably mean the end of sport in the country as we know it, as I doubt any junior football, GAA or Rugby club would have say, 10 grand lying about spare in the event of some judge deciding to take a dropped player's side (although any judge with any bit of sanity could not have taken this fella's side).  

SD mentioned Judge O Donnabhan takes no bullsh*t, but going on his comments, I would say that as well as being a sensible fella in touch with the real world, unlike some of our judiciary, I would guess he also has children and is familiar with some team sport of some description, might have even played (& been dropped) himself at some point.  It seemed he could barely hide his contempt for the case of the plaintiff.

The kid himself isn't really the issue here, this was without doubt driven by his father. I salute the legal lads who took this chap's money, and I hope they got paid upfront, but looking at it, there wasn't a hope in hell this could succeed, I can only presume they decided to run with it as yer man was so determined to sue. I do note that even though bullying was mentioned in the case, they didn't sue the club for bullying, which I would imagine is generally easier to prove than PTSD, therefore you can only assume the legal lads looked at the case & decided the evidence wasn't there to prove bullying & ran with this instead (while laughing away to themselves when yer man left the room).

PTSD is something people usually associate with victims of war, or violent crime, or violent road accidents, it would take a legal fella of considerable skill to persuade anybody, never mind a judge, that getting dropped from a football team constitutes a trauma. 

What did make me laugh though, was when yer man was asked to give examples of PTSD behaviour, said he locked himself in his room, and threw his phone against the wall. This would differentiate him from exactly zero amount of teenagers, something I think the Judge was well aware of. Very hard to get the image of Harry Enfield's Kevin the teenager out of yer head reading that. 

With any luck, this self important idiot will be charged with both legal bills (2 days of 2 barristers & all that goes with it, nice), but it is amazing it got this far in the first place. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:04pm
Is this Denis O'Brien's son?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

As PM said above, if that lad had won the case, there'd be GAA (and soccer and rugby) clubs up and down the country being hit with cases like this with parents queuing up to lodge claims just because their wee 'uns weren't getting a game.

It certainly speaks volumes for today's compensation culture that such a case was even considered, never mind taken all the way to Court. Unhappy 

To extend that point a bit Conor, it would probably mean the end of sport in the country as we know it, as I doubt any junior football, GAA or Rugby club would have say, 10 grand lying about spare in the event of some judge deciding to take a dropped player's side (although any judge with any bit of sanity could not have taken this fella's side).  

SD mentioned Judge O Donnabhan takes no bullsh*t, but going on his comments, I would say that as well as being a sensible fella in touch with the real world, unlike some of our judiciary, I would guess he also has children and is familiar with some team sport of some description, might have even played (& been dropped) himself at some point.  It seemed he could barely hide his contempt for the case of the plaintiff.

The kid himself isn't really the issue here, this was without doubt driven by his father. I salute the legal lads who took this chap's money, and I hope they got paid upfront, but looking at it, there wasn't a hope in hell this could succeed, I can only presume they decided to run with it as yer man was so determined to sue. I do note that even though bullying was mentioned in the case, they didn't sue the club for bullying, which I would imagine is generally easier to prove than PTSD, therefore you can only assume the legal lads looked at the case & decided the evidence wasn't there to prove bullying & ran with this instead (while laughing away to themselves when yer man left the room).

PTSD is something people usually associate with victims of war, or violent crime, or violent road accidents, it would take a legal fella of considerable skill to persuade anybody, never mind a judge, that getting dropped from a football team constitutes a trauma. 

What did make me laugh though, was when yer man was asked to give examples of PTSD behaviour, said he locked himself in his room, and threw his phone against the wall. This would differentiate him from exactly zero amount of teenagers, something I think the Judge was well aware of. Very hard to get the image of Harry Enfield's Kevin the teenager out of yer head reading that. 

With any luck, this self important idiot will be charged with both legal bills (2 days of 2 barristers & all that goes with it, nice), but it is amazing it got this far in the first place. 

Great point re PTSD being associated with genuine traumatic events Deise.

I think the judge was missing a trick by not pointing this out, would surely have put some much needed perspective on this ridiculous case. I would have loved to have seen the lad's and dad's faces if he had.

As you say, the dad certainly deserves to be landed with the legal bills for both sides, I'd love to see his face then!

Edited by ConorMac77 - 27 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:18am
I see he's on the books of Waterford now and he was with Ramblers U19s last season but left after one of the neglectful coaches was given the Ramblers 19s jobLOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:45am
@Healyhack

Young footballer who claimed he got PTSD after club dropped him says case was "never about the money,
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:49am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:36am
Justice served?  FFS, they shoulda just hopped in their car and fooked off home, they're an embarrassment.  As the judge so diplomatically said, the father "lacked insight".  I hope he doesn't lack funds.  Gobsh*ttery at its worst.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:48am
An absolute joke .

Unfortunately the society we now live in is top heavy with parents / kids who throw a fit because they don't get what they want. The da should be locked up for defamation of the coach if you ask me .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:01pm
I don't get why costs are decided at a later date. What's to decide? He brought a ridiculous case and lost. The headlines should include that he's been hit with a bill for 10k or whatever it is to discourage other idiots. 
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:26pm

Justice served?  FFS, they shoulda just hopped in their car and fooked off home, they're an embarrassment.  As the judge so diplomatically said, the father "lacked insight".  I hope he doesn't lack funds.  Gobsh*ttery at its worst.

''Not overly blessed with insight'' was how the judge put it.LOL

As someone else already mentioned, these utter fools should be held up as an example and deterrent to similarly minded morons everywhere. Absolute f*cking imbeciles of the highest order.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:30pm
Generation snowflake strikes again .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Generation snowflake strikes again .

Vinny Murphy former Dublin player said something similar this morning

@Vinniedub14

Replying to @Healyhack
@KCsixtyseven Strawberry and snowflake generation need to ripen up. PTSD from being dropped? What's the world coming to?

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

I don't get why costs are decided at a later date. What's to decide? He brought a ridiculous case and lost. The headlines should include that he's been hit with a bill for 10k or whatever it is to discourage other idiots. 

Gives them a chance to agree costs and avoid another hearing.

If the dad ponies up a few grand between now and the next day, it could be the end of the matter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic