You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : The Coaches Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SKB tournament 14th to 16th April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Where was it played?
Turners Cross I think
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:52pm
Some achievement by Nurney Villa from Carlow to beat St Kevins in the Leinster Youth Cup Final!

Talking about David vs Goliath!

Nurney is a village in rural Carlow with no more than 200 people living in it, the club has one pitch which caters for every team the club has from kids to their junior teams, the dressing rooms are no more than an old container. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Some achievement by Nurney Villa from Carlow to beat St Kevins in the Leinster Youth Cup Final!

Talking about David vs Goliath!

Nurney is a village in rural Carlow with no more than 200 people living in it, the club has one pitch which caters for every team the club has from kids to their junior teams, the dressing rooms are no more than an old container. 

Fair play to them Clap
Some people just deserve a slap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:07pm
Any ideas what Kevins will do re linking up with LOI clubs? Been pushing hard for their own license but seems no chance of that. Surely they have some sort of plan
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Any ideas what Kevins will do re linking up with LOI clubs? Been pushing hard for their own license but seems no chance of that. Surely they have some sort of plan

I've no idea what their plan is but weren't they very much in opposition to the new structure? 

Could they just be trying to hold what they have and hope that the new underage national league either doesn't take off or falls apart all together?
El Puto Amo
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:12pm

They do. It involves burying their heads in the sand and hoping that everything goes back to how it was in the good old days.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I've no idea what their plan is but weren't they very much in opposition to the new structure? 
Could they just be trying to hold what they have and hope that the new underage national league either doesn't take off or falls apart all together?
They approached LOI clubs and got no reply (same as my club).

Meanwhile St. Pats have linked up with another - Cherry Orchard to add to Belvo and Crumlin.
Rovers have Lucan Utd, Corduff and Grenada, very geographically strategic.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Meanwhile St. Pats have linked up with another - Cherry Orchard to add to Belvo and Crumlin.

Is that true regarding SKB's? Why would LOI clubs not want to ally themselves with the most successful schoolboy club around at the moment? Something doesn't add up there. Surely the LOI clubs should be falling over themselves to link with SKB's. Geographically speaking, Pats are no closer to Belvo than Kevins. 
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:17pm

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Is that true regarding SKB's? Why would LOI clubs not want to ally themselves with the most successful schoolboy club around at the moment? Something doesn't add up there. Surely the LOI clubs should be falling over themselves to link with SKB's. Geographically speaking, Pats are no closer to Belvo than Kevins. 
The only explanation I can think off is that they don't want SKB interfering using their vast influence as the most successful schoolboy club at the moment. Pats would hope that Northside players would now be attracted to Belvo rather then SKB. You also have Shels Academy aswell obviously.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:26pm
Wexford Youths have linked up with Vale Wanderers in Carlow, rural village but have a very good underage set up (junior teams are dreadful)

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 6:07pm
Did anyone on here head out to Kevin's academy cup today?
I had intended to but I've ruled out any travel due a debilitating hangover.
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:25pm
Going out on Sunday. This Kevin’s team are in my age group so have extra interest this year. Judging by the highlights they should have beaten Bayer L this morning but lost 1-0
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:29pm

With the coverage that this tournament gets, it must be a great recruiting tool for them.
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:35am

SKBs through to the semis after beating Atleti 2-0.
The semis are on at 4pm and 530pm today. I'll head out to that I think
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:37pm

I went out to watch the semis today. SKBs got a couple of lucky breaks but ultimately were worthy winners 5-2 against West Brom. The number 10 for Kevin's is v impressive.

Barca beat Atleti 2-0.

So it's SKB v Barca in the final again tomorrow. Should be a good game
El Puto Amo
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:33am

I went out to watch the semis today. SKBs got a couple of lucky breaks but ultimately were worthy winners 5-2 against West Brom. The number 10 for Kevin's is v impressive.

Barca beat Atleti 2-0.

So it's SKB v Barca in the final again tomorrow. Should be a good game

I was at the final and agree the number 10 off Kevin was very good. 

Barcelona blew them away in first ten minutes going 3 nil up. Kevins barely touched the ball but after that and particularly the second half they were a better team. 

Barcelona were quality though there isnt an Irish Team in the country would beat them. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 10:03am
Kevin’s are on course for back to back all Ireland titles
No 10 Kevin Z is a very good player. Big strong unit who is hard to control.
We played them last season losing 1-0..they went the whole season unbeaten
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 4:41pm

Agree with you Houghton, that Barca team were excellent. Their movement, technique and passing was streets ahead of the other teams. 

I was slightly disappointed that this Kevins team didn't seem quite as comfortable in possession as their predecessors last season. They opted to go long and pick up the pieces quite often. But I only saw a couple of their games and it's unfair to judge them on the basis of the final as Barca got the breaks early and put the game to bed as a contest after less than 10 mins. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic