Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 147>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 9:46pm
muck, pretty much all the NB kits have been horrible, been a long long time since I actually bought a jersey, think it was 2010 when JC was on here doing a deal for the sponsor less jersey

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 9:59pm
Anyone got a view on the new shirt?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

muck, pretty much all the NB kits have been horrible, been a long long time since I actually bought a jersey, think it was 2010 when JC was on here doing a deal for the sponsor less jersey
NB sign great deals, but produce terrible merch. They just lost the liverpool deal to Nike. Think they might get out of football all together 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

It's amazing the negativity surrounding the jersey. It's nowhere near our worst (that debacle in 2012 takes the biscuit) or best. It's a decent effort ruined by the awful 3 logo. 

It's a sign of getting old when lads are complaining about jerseys not being the same as the late 80's and early 90's tops. Repeating the "back in my day" line. Yeah it's true, nothing is as good as it used to be and everything is sh*t these days!

In saying that, I picked up an 86 Adidas jersey the other night for a good price, will stick to retro shirts for the foreseeable.
Jerseys merely reflect the game itself. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The late 80's - early 90's was the golden era for jersey designs.  They have been particularly bad since 2000.  Cant think of any nice jerseys for any team after that.  Nike in particular are horrific.  Name one nice Nike kit ever.

The current 3rd shirts for clubs this year are decent 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

NB sign great deals, but produce terrible merch. They just lost the liverpool deal to Nike. Think they might get out of football all together 

They’ve also lost Celtic and a few of the player signing . Fully expect them to leave the market after next season . Considering are deal is with Toplin can see us being back in Umbro by the time the nations league roles around next September 
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:48am
It appears to me that all the kit manufacturing brands are owned by the same companies. Whichever parent company offers the best commercial sponsorship deal, and whichever brand they choose to promote, then that’s the deal you get. The kit will al be designed by the same people and made in the same factory. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

They’ve also lost Celtic and a few of the player signing . Fully expect them to leave the market after next season . Considering are deal is with Toplin can see us being back in Umbro by the time the nations league roles around next September 
Shamrock Rovers too. 

New kit is a rehash of a Celtic jersey. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:57pm
white shorts would've been nice but can't mix and match now says FIFA
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 11:43am
I actually like the colour , I have the new anthem jacket in the same shade and it looks class . Especially v the older bright green and white one that everyone has . 
Obviously the 3 logo is muck 
Will AliExpress be worth a shout for a copy ? What’s the quality like usually 

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Were is the source for this ?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm

What if you have two, or more, main colours? Something doesn’t add up here.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What if you have two, or more, main colours? Something doesn’t add up here.

This wouldn't happen if we left the EU.  This is why we have to get out of that bureaucracy  who insist on straight bananas, an EU superstate, VAR and all one colour kits.

It's not true.  Brazil will have to wear all yellow if that's the case. Not going to happen  There has been a trend amongst kit manufacturers to make all one colour kits for whatever reason.

This all green kit looks shocking.  White shorts would break it up somewhat and could be nice. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:08pm
Seen the new kit, another walking billboard.

The contract with '3' is up in 2020, do we think there is any hope of having sponsorless jerseys in the near future?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

The contract with '3' is up in 2020, do we think there is any hope of having sponsorless jerseys in the near future?
No chance. Sure the FAI have no money, they’re not going to do away with a sponsor
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm

Get Paddy Power to sponsor them and there'll be no sponsor on the jersey
Danger here, OH NO
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm

It was extended to 2025 earlier this year I believe 
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

It was extended to 2025 earlier this year I believe 

As far as I could see, only the deal with JACC/Toplion has been extended (they have supplied the kit since 1994, so no surprises there) but I haven't found anything surrounding '3'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 147>
  Share Topic