Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 147>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The connection with Shamrock Rovers, Liverpool, and Celtic would suggest that they might have liked getting the National Team on their platform. Not sure how I feel about this. Much as I would have liked us to join the Three Stripes bandwagon, I really have struggled to complain about Umbro's gear, with them producing some particularly nice shirts during the association. The Euro 2016 Home Shirt, and the Euro 96 qualification shirt being particularly nice.

Ireland's three biggest clubs, in correct order.LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

You're missing the big f**k off '3'
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Lets see what they come up with. I imagine it is one of the few brands who would be willing to take it and pay good money for it, so looking at it from that perspective I suppose its a good deal for the FAI. Doubt Joma, Kappa etc. would be any better or pay as much.
The top 3 (Adidas, Nike, Puma) wouldnt be interested as they wouldnt get the exposure, we dont have the sales/marketing superstar in our ranks that they need nor the sales figures needed to make it attractive for them.
Would however like to see CXSports getting a chance in a few years......Irish company, Irish jobs and all that.

Adidas make Scotland's gear so hardly a hurdle for them and we'd be more likely to play in a Major tournament for the foreseeable future

Question is will they continue/extend it in the current marketing climate???
They have a greater population to play into the sales figures and their national league gets more TV exposure Europe wide. They also have good TV exposure with the BBC, Sky deals for both the national team and league meaning the brand is seen accross the whole of the UK and Europe. Currently watching the Celtic game on German tv.......never see a LOI game on ;)

LOI isnt exposed internationally, TV deal of note is not in place internationally, sales potential is smaller due to population in the eyes of brands.........Ireland games are not freely accessable to a wider audience. RTE 2 via sat is limited to Sky Ireland subs, DVBT and cable are local/national services further reducing exposure.
Of course if Ireland qualify for WC or EC then you get exposure for a few weeks....but is it worth the money and risk of qualifying.

Edited by irishmale0399 - 02 Apr 2017 at 2:22pm
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

That looks very nice but I still won't buy it because it will be destroyed with a sponsors logo.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:13pm
I think this seriously damages our World Cup qualification hopes.  You can't win anything with New Balance.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:20pm
Didnt think it could get any worse than Umbro Dead
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:55pm
Not a fan of the New Balance stuff at all, retro jerseys and ybig tops from here on in.....
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:29pm
honestly when i saw the title of this thread, i thought it was another javier post about the setup of our sideLOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

honestly when i saw the title of this thread, i thought it was another javier post about the setup of our sideLOL
Same here.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:06pm
Could we have the old fai ctrst back also. The one we had in the 90s etc. Hate that new logo.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:00pm
The 80's one with the shamrock in the centre was better.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The 80's one with the shamrock in the centre was better.
the one in italia 90. Ya that one or the one after. The one now is horrible. Horrible.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:53pm
Umbro is a proper association football brand. 

It irks me that most of my teams have now switched/will be switching to New Balance. 

Thank heavens Ireland still have Adidas kit.

New Balance, Nike, Under Armour, and other sh*t Yankee brands need to fook off and leave association football kit manufacturing to proper association football brands like Umbro, Adidas, Puma (always more of a boot manufacturer rather than a kit manufacturer but I'll give them a pass), Uhlsport (more of a goalkeeper's gloves manufacturer but again a proper association football brand), Spall, Bukta, Mitre, Kappa, Lotto, Diadora, and Hummel.

I would also consider O'Neill's acceptable, as long as they used their old logo.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Umbro is a proper association football brand. 

It irks me that most of my teams have now switched/will be switching to New Balance. 

Thank heavens that Ireland still have Adidas kit.

New Balance, Nike, Under Armour, and other sh*t Yankee brands need to fook off and leave association football kit manufacturing to proper association football brands like Umbro, Adidas, Puma (always more of a boot manufacturer rather than a kit manufacturer but I'll give them a pass), Uhlsport (more of a goalkeeper's gloves manufacturer but again a proper association football brand), Spall, Bukta, Mitre, Kappa, Lotto, Diadora, and Hummel.

I would also consider O'Neill's acceptable, as long as they used their old logo.

Thank heavens that British statelet still have the Adidas kit.

Fixed
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 7:51pm
Personally I'd love to see O'Neills given a go. Irish company and their GAA jerseys are always 👌

Adidas are far and away the best though. The pub team, to be fair to them, have had a few belters over the last few years
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Personally I'd love to see O'Neills given a go. Irish company and their GAA jerseys are always 👌

Adidas are far and away the best though. The pub team, to be fair to them, have had a few belters over the last few years

O'neills. Would ya go way would ya. no thanks.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 8:09pm
I'm a fan of their shoes, very comfortable. Hard to predict what their jerseys will be like for us, but they already supply Costa Rica and Panama.

Toplion, the Umbro partner in Ireland, also does New Balance its deals, distribution etc. So still part of the Johnny Cee emporium.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Lets see what they come up with. I imagine it is one of the few brands who would be willing to take it and pay good money for it, so looking at it from that perspective I suppose its a good deal for the FAI. Doubt Joma, Kappa etc. would be any better or pay as much.
The top 3 (Adidas, Nike, Puma) wouldnt be interested as they wouldnt get the exposure, we dont have the sales/marketing superstar in our ranks that they need nor the sales figures needed to make it attractive for them.
Would however like to see CXSports getting a chance in a few years......Irish company, Irish jobs and all that.

Irish company Irish job line is a Load or sh*t the jersey will be more then likely made in Aisa . And on the top three not getting the exposure. Who make the north , Wales and Scotland kit and I'd say that's hardly a money spinner

Edited by Charlton's Child - 02 Apr 2017 at 10:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 147>
  Share Topic