You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 147>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Sheedy11 Sheedy11 wrote:

O'Neill should be the kit provider.

It's as simple as that.
Its not really as simple as that though. They need to stump up enough cash to get the gig. 
Sponsored Links

Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:07pm
If nothing else, it would be good for Irish-based jobs.

Better that than the shirts being made in a centre for modern slavery like Cambodia of Indonesia.

And no orange away kit!
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

It's as simple as that.
Its not really as simple as that though. They need to stump up enough cash to get the gig. 

Why are you complicating it Sham, he said it was simple?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:32pm

Better that than the shirts being made in a centre for modern slavery like Cambodia of Indonesia.

And no orange away kit!
No argument but I replied to what you posted.. 

All for an Orange away kit too. Love the current and the previous one.

Edited by Sham157 - 07 Nov 2022 at 10:33pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

It's as simple as that.

Why are you complicating it Sham, he said it was simple?
LOL
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Until we get rid of that fooking stupid horrible FAI badge every jersey looks sh1te. Ruins it IMO. As it goes if those 2 are for real they look just as sh1t as the last 20 years of jerseys we have had.

Don’t worry about it, they don’t stay on Castore shirts past 2 washes 😂
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:09am

Where do O'Neills make their jerseys? I bet they get them made in a centre for modern slavery as you call it. Cause it certainly isn't Walkinstown
It would damage this forums' reputation
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Where do O'Neills make their jerseys? I bet they get them made in a centre for modern slavery as you call it. Cause it certainly isn't Walkinstown

Strabane
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Strabane
So Artie was right.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:45am
Am I the only one who doesn’t particularly give a monkeys about the shirt as I won’t be buying one 

I have enough shirts to last me till the grave 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:46am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Strabane
So Artie was right.

Im originally from there, and that wouldn't be far wrong LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn’t particularly give a monkeys about the shirt as I won’t be buying one 

Yer two LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Yer two LOL

And one cap. 
AKA pedantic kunt
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 3:18pm

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Strabane[/QUOTE]

It's a myth that they're made in Strabane. They might do one final stitch do justify the claim, but they are made in Pakistan. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:07pm

Strabane

LOL defo a centre for modern slavery. 

Never would have thought this type of work was still done in Ireland 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

[/QUOTE]

Strabane[/QUOTE]

It's a myth that they're made in Strabane. They might do one final stitch do justify the claim, but they are made in Pakistan. 
[/QUOTE]

That sounds similar to the food industry, if it's packaged in the country even though the food was made in another they can claim it's 'made in Ireland'. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:42pm

As far as I know its just the fabrics they source from textile plants in Pakistan, the manufacturing is still done in Strabane.

The North West of Ireland used to be one of the main suppliers of fabrics and textiles in Europe until about 15-20 years ago. There was Unifi Yarn in Letterkenny, Fruit of the Loom in Buncrana and Derry, Adira in Strabane and of course O'Neills in Strabane too.

They used to get their fabrics from the above suppliers, but they're all long gone. O'Neills is the last one standing.

Unifi in Letterkenny actually supplied the fabrics for 19 of the 32 teams kits in the 2002 World Cup.

Fruit of the Loom also manufacturer 10 million kits for the 2002 WC up in Donegal too.

Edited by Bandwagon - 08 Nov 2022 at 4:43pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

As far as I know its just the fabrics they source from textile plants in Pakistan, the manufacturing is still done in Strabane.

The North West of Ireland used to be one of the main suppliers of fabrics and textiles in Europe until about 15-20 years ago. There was Unifi Yarn in Letterkenny, Fruit of the Loom in Buncrana and Derry, Adira in Strabane and of course O'Neills in Strabane too.

They used to get their fabrics from the above suppliers, but they're all long gone. O'Neills is the last one standing.

Unifi in Letterkenny actually supplied the fabrics for 19 of the 32 teams kits in the 2002 World Cup.

Fruit of the Loom also manufacturer 10 million kits for the 2002 WC up in Donegal too.

I know for a fact that they get theirs balls from India
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 147>
  Share Topic