Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 147>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:43pm
It seems a bit of a money spinning racket going on here, we will have 2, if not 3 new jersies in August, and then if we qualify for Russia, probably another 3 new ones around next March. 
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

It seems a bit of a money spinning racket going on here, we will have 2, if not 3 new jersies in August, and then if we qualify for Russia, probably another 3 new ones around next March. 

Doesn't sound like something the FAI would do at all....
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:53pm

Getting as bad as the premier league for changing jerseys . Interesting aswell that they were pump blasting jerseys into the Aviva crowd at HT v Iceland . So I was only thinking they were shifting them to make room for a new edition
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:58pm

My first thought when I saw this thread.

They released 2 jersies only last year, which before then they had the navy top released in October 2015 which they've actually still yet to use.
So if New Balance release 2 in August then another 3 for Russia.

That's 8 jersies in less than 3 year, that's outrageous.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:58pm
New Balance tend to be better when the jerseys they do are simple. As simplicity is best with an Ireland jersey I think they'll do alright
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Doesn't sound like something the FAI would do at all....
LOLLOL
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
Who actually decides on the design. Do the fai say we would like something like this and new balance do up the shirt or does new balance say this is what we have come up with what do you think type of thing? How does that work
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:31pm

If they release new shirts in August there's no way they'll change them all before the World Cup. There'd probably be a home and an away released in August and a third kit before the tournament.

The home kits for World Cup 02 and Euro 12 were both released the previous August.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

If they release new shirts in August there's no way they'll change them all before the World Cup. There'd probably be a home and an away released in August and a third kit before the tournament.

The home kits for World Cup 02 and Euro 12 were both released the previous August.

Don't think for one second that would stop the FAI. I'm with Deise on this one. We'll get a new kit for the reminder of the qualifiers and a new one for the WC if we qualify

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Apr 2017 at 11:50pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Don't think for one second that would stop the FAI. I'm with Deise on this one. We'll get a new kit for the reminder of the qualifiers and a new one for the WC if we qualify

Based on what? Any precedent shows it didn't happen.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:54pm
$$$$

They know full well there's plenty out there that would buy both. Just because it didn't happen previously doesn't mean it won't

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Apr 2017 at 11:55pm

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:04am
Ok wait and see is the order of the day .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:22am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

My first thought when I saw this thread.

They released 2 jersies only last year, which before then they had the navy top released in October 2015 which they've actually still yet to use.
So if New Balance release 2 in August then another 3 for Russia.

That's 8 jersies in less than 3 year, that's outrageous.

In 1984 & 1985 Ireland wore 8 different style O Neills jersies in 8 qualifier games.

I've said before on other threads that the amount of "new" Irish shirts we have had with Umbro since 1994 is roughly the same as other associations.

Umbro were kit sponsor for 23 years.Wales went thru a period when they changed their kit supplier every few years so had lots of "new" shirts.

Personally I think New Balance if they are unveiling a new home,away,third kit in August 2017 for 4 games,they wont then release three new kits if we qualify for Russia 2018.

They may release 3 new ones at start of 2020 qualifiers or maybe early 2019 as the contract with the FAI I believe runs until 2020.

The new kit sponsor may want to get in on the contract earlier than 2020 especially if any chance Ireland might play a Euro 2020 match in Dublin.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:53am
As far as I know, it is not mandatory to buy every Irish jersey released for yourself or your kids!
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:35am
The stuff they made for Ireland at the recent Olympic Games looked good
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:39am
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:45am
Obviously Athletic's, Would have loved to have Adidas back but in fairness Adidas isn't as inventive as they used to be! Every country/club has the same template for their kit/training gear as well as Nike, Puma...
Isn't Umbro, New Balance owned by the same company and Nike too if I'm not mistaken (feel free to correct me)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Obviously Athletic's, Would have loved to have Adidas back but in fairness Adidas isn't as inventive as they used to be! Every country/club has the same template for their kit/training gear as well as Nike, Puma...
Isn't Umbro, New Balance owned by the same company and Nike too if I'm not mistaken (feel free to correct me)

Not sure about Nike, believe Toplion looks after Umbro, New Balance, Warrior and Kappa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 147>
  Share Topic