Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 147>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umbro not for ÉIRE
    Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:47pm
Dead

Switching to New Balance in August Dead
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:51pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
dohallor View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dohallor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:53pm
Tis a pity. I think the current Ireland jersey looks very smart. The New Balance Liverpool jerseys have been fairly unimpressive tbh.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:58pm
Ah ffs was hoping they'd go back to Addidas
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:59pm
I'm a fan of the New Balance stuff, i'd assume we'll be one of the first countries to be made by New balance. I've bought a lot of their Celtic stuff, much better material, jersey are a nicer fit, training gear is better.

Hopefully its a similar kit to the likes of Sevilla! 

Well done FAI, got this one right Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
An artists impression of what the new jersey will look like:

Image result for dog sh*t

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I'm a fan of the New Balance stuff, i'd assume we'll be one of the first countries to be made by New balance. I've bought a lot of their Celtic stuff, much better material, jersey are a nicer fit, training gear is better.

What does a country made by New Balance look like? 
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

What does a country made by New Balance look like? 

Well balanced I suppose
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:36pm
New balance is one of johnny cee's brands?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:40pm
The connection with Shamrock Rovers, Liverpool, and Celtic would suggest that they might have liked getting the National Team on their platform. Not sure how I feel about this. Much as I would have liked us to join the Three Stripes bandwagon, I really have struggled to complain about Umbro's gear, with them producing some particularly nice shirts during the association. The Euro 2016 Home Shirt, and the Euro 96 qualification shirt being particularly nice.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:45pm
Absolutely horrified to open this thread ... and it wasn't Javier going on about the new balance of the squad etc .

But a chance might be good . Can't get worse
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:47pm
Bryan Robson on the new deal:

''I think The EIRE will be well chuffed with the new clobber. ''

Image result for bryan robson new balance

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The connection with Shamrock Rovers, Liverpool, and Celtic would suggest that they might have liked getting the National Team on their platform. Not sure how I feel about this. Much as I would have liked us to join the Three Stripes bandwagon, I really have struggled to complain about Umbro's gear, with them producing some particularly nice shirts during the association. The Euro 2016 Home Shirt, and the Euro 96 qualification shirt being particularly nice.
Ireland's three biggest clubs, in correct order.LOL
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:49pm
Hope it doesn't have the collar on it this time
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:51pm
Id like to see more orange in the shirt. Not as much as the macedonia one but a bit more. The orange stripe in the collar of the one we have now was a good start.
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:53pm
Lets see what they come up with. I imagine it is one of the few brands who would be willing to take it and pay good money for it, so looking at it from that perspective I suppose its a good deal for the FAI. Doubt Joma, Kappa etc. would be any better or pay as much.
The top 3 (Adidas, Nike, Puma) wouldnt be interested as they wouldnt get the exposure, we dont have the sales/marketing superstar in our ranks that they need nor the sales figures needed to make it attractive for them.
Would however like to see CXSports getting a chance in a few years......Irish company, Irish jobs and all that.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Lets see what they come up with. I imagine it is one of the few brands who would be willing to take it and pay good money for it, so looking at it from that perspective I suppose its a good deal for the FAI. Doubt Joma, Kappa etc. would be any better or pay as much.
The top 3 (Adidas, Nike, Puma) wouldnt be interested as they wouldnt get the exposure, we dont have the sales/marketing superstar in our ranks that they need nor the sales figures needed to make it attractive for them.
Would however like to see CXSports getting a chance in a few years......Irish company, Irish jobs and all that.

Adidas make Scotland's gear so hardly a hurdle for them and we'd be more likely to play in a Major tournament for the foreseeable future
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 147>
  Share Topic