Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seanie Maguire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seanie Maguire
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 10:12pm
If he keeps putting them away for Cork should he be considered. I thought he was a little on the light side but hes defo a goal poacher. Could be a possibilty in the near future.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 10:15pm
Would make perfect sense to call him up to train with the squad with the view of getting him in the match day squad for the Iceland game.

Maguire will soon be back across the pond and playing in The Championship i'd imagine.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 10:28pm
I think another full season in Ireland would be best for him, he has come on a long way in a very short period of time. I think he can go on and have a similar impact on the league as Horgan did last year and Towell the year before, then it is just a case of picking the right offer. City will certainly want to keep him for the season anyway!
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:16pm
Is he good enough for PNE? Continue the Irish select they're assembling..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

im sure more clubs will be looking at the league now esp after horgan and now boyle settling in at preston. Im sure the preston scouts are aware of maguire seeing as they were scouting horgan in the fai cup final.

Edited by doherty - 17 Mar 2017 at 11:20pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

im sure more clubs will be looking at the league now esp after horgan and now boyle settling in at preston. Im sure the preston scouts are aware of maguire seeing as they were scouting horgan in the fai cup final.

I haven't seen much of him at all, caught highlights of the game v Rovers and last season v Dundalk.

The more that can make the leap over the pond the better! Is the lad McEneffs at Derry good enough to make the cut? 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
Maguire has something alright. Very good at dribbling at pace, and definitely got the goalscorers instinct. He should definitely get a chance, considering our options up front
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:17am
Doesn't really fit the O'Neill criteria of a big centre forward and able to hold the ball.
But at the same time I'd rather much have him than Doyle and possibly give the team other options, so it's a yes from me.

100% with PM, needs another season with Cork, possibly 2, let him build up the prodigy reputation Horgan had at Dundalk
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think another full season in Ireland would be best for him, he has come on a long way in a very short period of time. I think he can go on and have a similar impact on the league as Horgan did last year and Towell the year before, then it is just a case of picking the right offer. City will certainly want to keep him for the season anyway!
I`d say that's Caulfield and City fans` attitude to it but from their committees view they`ll want to see him go into the summer in red hot form triggering a bidding war between championship clubs and get a decent fee. Particularly as the alternative could be him going for nothing in the winter.

I think your right about another season or possibly 2 being best for him. He needs to make sure when he goes to England he`s ready to hit the ground running. He doesn't want a scenario where he`s worked his hole off here to just end up back at Stanley or the likes. 

Edited by Bitored - 18 Mar 2017 at 2:17am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:45am
Tbh I don't understand why we keep picking Doyle and not Maguire. Doyle is simply not going to start got us in a competitive international. Not saying Maguire will but he might one day. I think there is clearly more benefit in picking a player who might be something than one who is winding down his career, with all due respect to what a player Doyle was for us.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I`d say that's Caulfield and City fans` attitude to it but from their committees view they`ll want to see him go into the summer in red hot form triggering a bidding war between championship clubs and get a decent fee. Particularly as the alternative could be him going for nothing in the winter.

I think your right about another season or possibly 2 being best for him. He needs to make sure when he goes to England he`s ready to hit the ground running. He doesn't want a scenario where he`s worked his hole off here to just end up back at Stanley or the likes. 
I am not sure about the first point, although it would be very much dependent on where City are in the table at the time. Maguire only signed up for another season meaning any fee received would be relatively small, certainly not big enough to be risking a league title over.
I do think he has to be especially sure about his move because of his position and style of play, 5 or 6 games without a goal or failing to impress as a sub when the ball is flying over his head and he could find himself back on loan in League Two and starting all over again.
I know it has almost become cliché to say this but I think a move to Belgium would suit him. He was linked with Genk after City played them last year and I think his style , personality and attitude would be suitable. 
Of course there are dangers with that too, ask Dominic Foley if doing well in Belgium guarantees anybody at home will notice!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:25am
This is a no brainer for me now, best forward we have afterlong and walters, surely his inclusion in the squad for the games v Mexico and Uruguay can only benifit his development as a future starter.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 29 Mar 2017 at 8:28am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

This is a no brainer for me now, best forward we have afterlong and walters, surely his inclusion in the squad for the games v Mexico and Uruguay can only benifit his development as a future starter.

+1
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

He's an unknown at that level. Horgan only made the step up when he showed potential in the Championship. I've no doubt at all Maguire has the potential to score goals in higher European...
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:42am
He should have been in the squad at the very least
El Puto Amo
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:21am
They should take a look at him, at the least. We're completely out of options up top. Last night was the ideal opportunity to try Maguire, Sheridan, Rooney and whoever else
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:53am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He should have been in the squad at the very least
He could have been called up like Gleeson was, the fact that MON has been very slow to look at players in problem positions is quite frustrating.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:01pm
If Maguire keeps up his current form there is no reason why he shouldn't be included, LOI or not. It'd be no harm getting him in for the June friendlies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
  Share Topic