You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kieran O'Hara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 12:47pm
Would Celtic look at him as cheap backup for Foster if he stays?
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 12:50pm
I'd rather keep any more of our younger talents away from Lennon, he's not exactly a champion of youth.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:06pm
Taylor, Nitcham, Johnston, Édouard, Frimpong, and Ajer are all younger than O'Hara.

O'Hara is 24, he's not a youth player.

He should go to any club regardless of division and play first team football. If he's good enough he'll earn an opportunity to play at a higher level.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Taylor, Nitcham, Johnston, Édouard, Frimpong, and Ajer are all younger than O'Hara.

He should go to any club regardless of division and play first team football. If he's good enough he'll earn an opportunity to play at a higher level.

Either way there are more than enough Irish players wasting away their careers at Celtic already without O'Hara going there to warm the bench as well.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:37pm
If their good enough they'll play.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:39pm

And all of them bar Frimpong and Taylor were in situ prior to Lennon taking over. Lennon does not favour bringing through young players, he sticks with experience. And a 24 year old goalkeeper is more akin to a 20 year old outfielder, so I'd definitely still class him as a young player.

Edited by The O'Shea - 26 Jun 2020 at 1:40pm
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

And all of them bar Frimpong and Taylor were in situ prior to Lennon taking over. Lennon does not favour bringing through young players, he sticks with experience. And a 24 year old goalkeeper is more akin to a 20 year old outfielder, so I'd definitely still class him as a young player.

Like HB said, if they’re good enough they will play.

He doesn’t stick with experience, he plays the best players available to him.

The Irish lads there are simply not good enough at the moment.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:55pm
The bigger question which hasn't been asked yet why would you even think about a backup role when you've just played a full season in L1, unless he's also suffering from Rob Elliot Syndrome.

He's 24, L1 clubs and SPL clubs and most Championship clubs are skint because of COVID so they'll be looking for free agents mostly and he has a full season of L1 football on his CV, he's going to get offers.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Like HB said, if they’re good enough they will play.

He doesn’t stick with experience, he plays the best players available to him.

The Irish lads there are simply not good enough at the moment.

Players will only develop if given opportunity to do so. That opportunity comes in the form of minutes on the pitch.

If Lennon isn't picking them they will never come on. A good manager is able to rotate his squad effectively to ensure that young players can get opportunities to develop in the correct games.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 4:05pm
I've not seen goal keeper rotation in any team when playing league games.

Some players would play their second choice keeper in 'some' cup games.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 5:04pm

I've not seen goal keeper rotation in any team when playing league games.

Some players would play their second choice keeper in 'some' cup games.

And Lennon wouldn't even do that. Just look at Conor Hazard, he's had a few good loan spells but can't get a sniff of gametime in any competition for Celtic. It's all moot in any case, there's no suggestion O'Hara is heading to Celtic thankfully.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 5:58pm
He's not 2nd choice. He's third choice. So Bain and Gordon have played.

Celtic have always put a out a strong side in the league cup.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 7:24pm

He's not 2nd choice. He's third choice. So Bain and Gordon have played.

Celtic have always put a out a strong side in the league cup.

Which is another way of saying what? That Lennon trusts experienced players (like Bain) over giving a chance to a promising young player like Hazard..... There's nothing wrong with that, so I'm not sure why you're trying to deny the fact? It's simply a managerial preference, and in this case it's a preference that is relevant to any inexperienced player looking to join Celtic.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 12:45pm
Which is a way of saying he's probably not good enough either.

If Hazard was good enough he'd get a chance. A bit like the 6 other youngsters who play on a regular basis.

Edited by horsebox - 27 Jun 2020 at 12:50pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:13pm
So when's the Celtic move going to be confirmed?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 7:22pm
Seemingly Blackburn are the front runners at the moment for his signature, Lincoln and Birmingham are also interested.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 7:27pm
Blackburn or Birmingham would both be good moves. Birmingham have 35 year old Lee Camp in goal and the Blackburn keeper is on loan from Brighton. So a good chance to get the jersey at both clubs.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Blackburn or Birmingham would both be good moves. Birmingham have 35 year old Lee Camp in goal and the Blackburn keeper is on loan from Brighton. So a good chance to get the jersey at both clubs.

Camp is horrific, baffling how he keeps starting for clubs at that level
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic