You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Figures 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLY1ROVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 10:00am
Amazing and rather pathetic other clubs fans having a go at Rovers. I was at the game yesterday and i thought it was a good crowd first of all for a bank holiday weekend and secondly for the opposition. Looked near 3k to me but may be wrong. As for Rovers marketing i think its working very well the amount of families with kids there is very encouraging and this with the link up with local clubs shows rovers are very much on the right road. Seems to me the only ones not happy are other clubs fans possibly jelous of the great work being done off the park by Rovers and frustrated that Rovers fans are firmly behind the club, team and manager. But then again being Irelands most famous club you just have to put up with it.
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

It's an acceptance of reality. Rovers have spent more on marketing and community work than some clubs whole budgets. Of course the crowds could and should be better but even in a relatively lean period on the pitch we are second best supported.

If you have any ideas we havent tried let's hear them. Otherwise this is just noise from a fan of a club who have recently been able to get them in so are being tediously smug.
LOL this fckin clown coming out with another cracker "an acceptance of reality" and him taking his views from Harvey the rabbit
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by ONLY1ROVERS ONLY1ROVERS wrote:

Amazing and rather pathetic other clubs fans having a go at Rovers. I was at the game yesterday and i thought it was a good crowd first of all for a bank holiday weekend and secondly for the opposition. Looked near 3k to me but may be wrong. As for Rovers marketing i think its working very well the amount of families with kids there is very encouraging and this with the link up with local clubs shows rovers are very much on the right road. Seems to me the only ones not happy are other clubs fans possibly jelous of the great work being done off the park by Rovers and frustrated that Rovers fans are firmly behind the club, team and manager. But then again being Irelands most famous club you just have to put up with it.
I am having a go at attendances in general, only the fans of Ireland's most deluded get offended if you mention them at all, go through this thread and I will have criticised most club's attendances, including my own. 
But you are right though, we are all so, so jealous of Bradser, roadhouse and projects, especially the fans of Cork City and Dundalk. This pretty much sums up the amusement Shamrockers give me, they are not even in the same postcode as reality.

1792 at the Cross for the League Cup tie with Pats, which is what I came in here to say. I wouldn't bother with that competition too much myself
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:15pm
Bumper crowd in Tallaght tonight..

Edited by The White Cafu - 02 May 2017 at 9:19pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:35pm
They were playing Longford...
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:39pm
More importantly it is the league cup, the thing should be scrapped.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

So their fans only come to see the opposition ?
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

So their fans only come to see the opposition ?
Like fans of all clubs, midweek games in the League cup against lower division opposition knowing a reserve team will be put out is always going to be down the list of priorities. The East stand is never open for LC or LSC games until the final or unless its Bohs. 1,200 there which is what I would expect more or less.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:14am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

More importantly it is the league cup, the thing should be scrapped.
I have to agree with that one PM also .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:01pm
Good crowd at Bray, 1250 odd

Dunno how many will be back after the result though
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:36pm
Abysmal in Cork in the circumstances.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:44pm

Cant understand how we loose 1k fans in a week.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Cant understand how we loose 1k fans in a week.
Looking on the club's website and social media pages and from talking to a friend at home it seems very obvious. They are missing open goals.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:53pm
It really was a fairly disappointing attendance, it has to be said. Regardless of the opposition, I see no reason why we can't get at the very least 5,000 through the gate
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

It really was a fairly disappointing attendance, it has to be said. Regardless of the opposition, I see no reason why we can't get at the very least 5,000 through the gate
I have always said City should be getting 5k in the lean times, the Cross should be sold out now, whether we are playing Harps or flutes.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:08am

I have always said City should be getting 5k in the lean times, the Cross should be sold out now, whether we are playing Harps or flutes.

Anything less than a sellout for the Shamrock Rovers match will be really disappointing
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:10am

Anything less than a sellout for the Shamrock Rovers match will be really disappointing
So not even 4k for Harps but a sellout for flutes?
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:19am

So not even 4k for Harps but a sellout for flutes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic