Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Figures 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:19pm
Looked very sparse in Galway and Tallaght tonight, around 5,300 at the Cross which is disappointing in the circumstances.
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:35pm
1386 in RSC. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:55pm
1317 in Terryland , hey looked less but good crowd from Dundalk 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

1317 in Terryland , hey looked less but good crowd from Dundalk 
That is pretty abysmal, even allowing for results.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Looked very sparse in Galway and Tallaght tonight, around 5,300 at the Cross which is disappointing in the circumstances.

What's capacity? Was disappointed with our crowd
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:56pm
I think it is around 7,300, that was what was there for the Irish friendly there, it has been sold out at around 6,900 against Dundalk due to segregation etc. 
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:14am
I was in Tallaght, shocking crowd. 1,500 max
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

It was 2570
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:01am

nope. 2570. But thanks for playing.

Edited by roverstillidie - 29 Apr 2017 at 1:02am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:18am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

That is still abysmal, even if up on last season's average.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:30am

Are you not bored of this by now? It's standard for that opposition on a bank holiday weekend. Nothing special but not worth bothering your pretty head over
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:40am

Are you not bored of this by now? It's standard for that opposition on a bank holiday weekend. Nothing special but not worth bothering your pretty head over
And if Shams are happy with that then fine, I just happen to think it is pretty abysmal that you could only get 2570 people to watch you on a holiday weekend, especially when you say you have 2000 season ticket holders. 
But if you are happy with it and want to remain small time ..................
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:44am

And if Shams are happy with that then fine, I just happen to think it is pretty abysmal that you could only get 2570 people to watch you on a holiday weekend, especially when you say you have 2000 season ticket holders. 
Happy or not happy is neither here nor there. It's the crowd that was expected for the opposition. You seem to think there is a magic wand that will add a zero to the crowd. Back here on planet 'best fans in the world (tm)' it is still the biggest crowd at any sporting event in Dublin this weekend.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:54am

Happy or not happy is neither here nor there. It's the crowd that was expected for the opposition. You seem to think there is a magic wand that will add a zero to the crowd. Back here on planet 'best fans in the world (tm)' it is still the biggest crowd at any sporting event in Dublin this weekend.
And what exactly is it competing with?No Leinster match, no GAA of note, shouldn't that make it easier to try and entice people along?
 I don't think there is a magic wand at all, I think the biggest problem in the LOI is the acceptance of mediocrity, in all aspects of the game. I think that acceptance of mediocrity is implicit in statements like "it's the crowd expected for the opposition".
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:02am
It's an acceptance of reality. Rovers have spent more on marketing and community work than some clubs whole budgets. Of course the crowds could and should be better but even in a relatively lean period on the pitch we are second best supported.

If you have any ideas we havent tried let's hear them. Otherwise this is just noise from a fan of a club who have recently been able to get them in so are being tediously smug.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:12am

It's an acceptance of reality. Rovers have spent more on marketing and community work than some clubs whole budgets. Of course the crowds could and should be better but even in a relatively lean period on the pitch we are second best supported.

If you have any ideas we havent tried let's hear them. Otherwise this is just noise from a fan of a club who have recently been able to get them in so are being tediously smug.
Absolute complete bollocks and you know that well too, I even criticised City's crowd tonight a few posts back. This has f**k all to do with whataboutery.
I have no idea what you have or haven't tried, it is clearly failing though as attendances are still very poor and I think some of that comes from language used by supporters. "An acceptance of reality"; that isn't a line one would associate with Shamrock fans, are low attendances the one area you accept reality? Referring to people who don't go as "the greatest fans in the world" probably won't have them rushing to watch the league either.
When I see attendances like 2570 at Dublin's biggest club , when there is not much else on, you do start to wonder what is the point of it  all.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 8:37am

Absolute complete bollocks and you know that well too, I even criticised City's crowd tonight a few posts back. This has f**k all to do with whataboutery.
I have no idea what you have or haven't tried, it is clearly failing though as attendances are still very poor and I think some of that comes from language used by supporters. "An acceptance of reality"; that isn't a line one would associate with Shamrock fans, are low attendances the one area you accept reality? Referring to people who don't go as "the greatest fans in the world" probably won't have them rushing to watch the league either.
When I see attendances like 2570 at Dublin's biggest club , when there is not much else on, you do start to wonder what is the point of it  all.
you see there is plenty on in Dublin on any given weekend. And people would rather spend their money on pretty much anything other than the sh*te that is the LOI matchday "experience". Most who do go do so out of loyalty to their club, because they would be f**ked otherwise
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 9:19am

More on marketing and community work than some clubs budgets

It's not working as you are only getting 650 people in the ground after your 2000 season ticket holders and I'm guessing Limerick had a 100 odd
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic