You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Figures 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 1:36am
A lot more in bray than was given. Would have said 1500-600
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:24pm
1427 at RSC. 
Good few injuries & the 2 Swindon lads are gone back to Swindon after their loans ended, with what we are left with, the football wasn't too pretty and Shels probably deserved a draw on balance.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Abysmal in Cork in the circumstances.

Cant understand how we loose 1k fans in a week.
3 games in 7 days will do that, there wasnt an away game in between, 3 games in 7 days you cant expect huge crowds both times and 2k for a Cup game was fairly good tbh
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

3 games in 7 days will do that, there wasnt an away game in between, 3 games in 7 days you cant expect huge crowds both times and 2k for a Cup game was fairly good tbh
Bollocks Scotty! You can't throw the mickey mouse cup game in there as an excuse. The crowd last Friday night was pathetic in the circumstances.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:10pm

Bollocks Scotty! You can't throw the mickey mouse cup game in there as an excuse. The crowd last Friday night was pathetic in the circumstances.

I'm always happy with any crowd around the 4k mark . Taking in an average of 40'000 euro per home game is massive money for this league, not sure what they pay the MFA for the stadium but we are surely making a profit.
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

I'm always happy with any crowd around the 4k mark . Taking in an average of 40'000 euro per home game is massive money for this league, not sure what they pay the MFA for the stadium but we are surely making a profit.
Which is the LOI mentality I have referred to before, an acceptance of mediocrity. It is the same as RTID w**king over 2k season tickets being sold. I think with the interest in football that there is in County Cork that getting 1 in 50 people to the Cross should be the target, regardless of how we are doing on the pitch. When you have just won 12 matches in a row, even by the parameters you have stated, anything around 4k is poor. and anything below it is pathetic.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:42pm

Which is the LOI mentality I have referred to before, an acceptance of mediocrity. It is the same as RTID w**king over 2k season tickets being sold. I think with the interest in football that there is in County Cork that getting 1 in 50 people to the Cross should be the target, regardless of how we are doing on the pitch. When you have just won 12 matches in a row, even by the parameters you have stated, anything around 4k is poor. and anything below it is pathetic.

I agree with you that there is a massive interest in soccer in Cork but im sick to death of trying to get my buddies to go to a game. Calling the standard crap as they are brainwashed by sky telling them that their beloved British clubs are the best in the world. I think we have gone past the point of no return in terms of regular sell outs in the league

Edited by ccfcmurphy - 10 May 2017 at 12:42pm
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:48pm

I agree with you that there is a massive interest in soccer in Cork but im sick to death of trying to get my buddies to go to a game. Calling the standard crap as they are brainwashed by sky telling them that their beloved British clubs are the best in the world. I think we have gone past the point of no return in terms of regular sell outs in the league

This. It's so frustrating the amount of times I've heard people say the standard in the LOI is sh*te without ever having watched a game before happily sitting down to watch a Red Monday-esque match
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:55pm

Not at all, I know it well. I just think the defeatist attitude just makes it a self-fulfilling prophecy.  
I think one of the biggest criticisms of FORAS,( just to be clear here, by and large fan ownership has been great, and I have been away , on and off since 2010, but there should always be criticism. Always. In the words of Dylan Thomas, more beautifully paraphrased by Terry Walsh; "ambition is f**king critical") is that there was just delight at having a financially stable club and crowds were, by and large, dependent on results with 2000 or so diehards who did, just a little bit, give off the LOI 'cult' vibe. 
That needs to go, marketing must improve because consumerism has led to the 'dumbing down' of people and we need to be sold everything. If a Cork side had won 12/12 in anything 20 years ago a crowd was guaranteed. Nothing is guaranteed now, but the club has to find ways to attract more fans on the back of the success and I think people shouldn't be happy until they reach high targets,then they should set higher ones.
The most disappointing thing about the Harps crowd was losing a thousand people, in a week, for no apparent reason. The game against Pats isn't an excuse because of the 1700 odd that were there, I would hazard a guess that 1500 of them were there for both Bray and Harps and the other 200 were home for the long weekend.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:07pm
Under 4k at City again, despite being 12 points clear (possibly 13 by full-time) and playing some lovely stuff. 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:16pm

Under 4k at City again, despite being 12 points clear (possibly 13 by full-time) and playing some lovely stuff. 

What should it be 5.5k ? People are saving for sun holidays and another bank holiday on the way
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

What should it be 5.5k ? People are saving for sun holidays and another bank holiday on the way
At least that, yeah. The marketing efforts from the club have been diabolical the past few weeks, despite having a very easy product to market.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:22pm

At least that, yeah. The marketing efforts from the club have been diabolical the past few weeks, despite having a very easy product to market.

15 notes entry aswell I presume ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:23pm

Exactly, cheap as well.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:32pm

[QUOTE=pre Madonna] Under 4k at City again, despite being 12 points clear (possibly 13 by full-time) and playing some lovely stuff. 

What I noticed around my area is that when the weather is good the parents are out in force with the kids . LOI is usually played in windy rainy sh*te grounds around the country so maybe the weather is playing a factor and people are spending time with the family
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:10pm
While it's not on the attendance side of things but what is the largest points win like from 1st to 2nd ? Will Cork smash it this season ? LOI history wouldn't be great
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 9:28am

While it's not on the attendance side of things but what is the largest points win like from 1st to 2nd ? Will Cork smash it this season ? LOI history wouldn't be great
Bohs won by 20 in 2008. Thats the biggest I remember

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic