You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Week 1 Chat, Comments and Abuse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 10:43pm
put my money where my mouth was, on what i put on the predictions thread. Not only did i go to Dalyer full of optimism only to see it beat out of me by a 4-1 defeat, all four by stupid goals to concede, this has ended up costing me a potential one thousand and seven hundred euros off a tenner. oh what a beautiful start to the season Ermm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 11:07pm
Surprised to see so much bad feeling between meenan and finn and their old team mates. Hard to think they were team mates just a few months ago. Seemed strange to me. And what was the deal with one of the shams players not having the pepper sponser on his shirt. Looked unprofesional.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Surprised to see so much bad feeling between meenan and finn and their old team mates. Hard to think they were team mates just a few months ago. Seemed strange to me. And what was the deal with one of the shams players not having the pepper sponser on his shirt. Looked unprofesional.
That is because of Roundstone and the fact they have the best training ground in Europe.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 11:31pm
On a positive note for shams their jersey looks realky good.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I am noticing a lot of people at the side of the pitch in Dundalk in wheelchairs. Please tell me that is not the disabled section???
and he had to fight tooth and nail to even get that. It's insane how bad that kip is in 2017
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Athlone 1 Waterford 0. Shock of the opening weekend by a mile.

Congrats to both Shane O'Connor and Gary Comerford on such a great start with Waterford.

Love Ramblers x
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:53am
Anybody  have official attendances, out of curiosity! If they aren't good at the start then we may as well pack it in!
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 2:21am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Anybody  have official attendances, out of curiosity! If they aren't good at the start then we may as well pack it in!
Home teams first:

Dundalk v Shams - 4,746
Bohs V Derry - 2170
Galway V Drogheda - 2,113
Limerick v Sligo Rovers 2,357
Harps V Cork - 1,845
Pat's v Bray - 1,722

Shelbourne v Longford Town 779
None of the other FD clubs put up their attendances but presumably Shels` gate wasn't the worst.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Home teams first:

Dundalk v Shams - 4,746
Bohs V Derry - 2170
Limerick v Sligo Rovers          2,357
Harps V Cork - 1,845
Pat's v Bray - 1,722

None of the other FD clubs put up their attendances but presumably Shels` gate wasn't the worst.

Great attendance in Limerick competing with the Munster game and horrific weather, I'm fairly certain attendances will only get better and better, after all it's the bandwagon city
Super performance tonight by us, a few players on our team that could get on to any team in the country. Only got to see us a handful of times last season due to working a sh*t job but tonight was better than I saw us play all last year, some of the football was just unbelievable, saying all this it was against a very very poor Sligo side, looking forward to seeing how we get on in vs Derry and Dundalk away 2 massive tests for us. I might sound like I'm getting carried away after one result but this is without a doubt the best squad we have had in years, our attacking options are incredible.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:01am

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

That is because of Roundstone and the fact they have the best training ground in Europe.
pepper voluntarily let that jersey be sponsor less
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:04am
We were absolute cack. One thing we were last season was organised defensively and there was no sign of that whatsoever. Going to be a tough week (and maybe season) with Dundalk on the way next weekend. Only one of the new signings started and he was taken off at half time. Limerick very good but hard to know what they were up against.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

That pitch in Dundalk is still awful by the looks of things. Rubber flying everywhere

Reports saying it's very narrow? Much difference to last year?

ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 9:26am
13 pubs in my town and not one showing the match everyone glued to Munster game till they started loosing
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Home teams first:

Dundalk v Shams - 4,746
Bohs V Derry - 2170
Limerick v Sligo Rovers 2,357
Harps V Cork - 1,845
Pat's v Bray - 1,722

Cheers, is that a sell-out at Oriel? Most teams up on last year which can only be a good thing although hardly anything to be excited by either.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

That pitch in Dundalk is still awful by the looks of things. Rubber flying everywhere

Reports saying it's very narrow? Much difference to last year?

We were debating this ourselves, we stand at the fence in front of the shed and the sideline def looked like it had moved a further away. Players seemed comfortable taking a first touch so that's a good sign. Will probably take a few weeks to bed in considering the rubber was only laid on wed/thurs

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

13 pubs in my town and not one showing the match everyone glued to Munster game till they started loosing
You visited 13 different pubs in a 2 hour window?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:08am
I just saw Burke's sending off, the whole thing is comical. What on earth was he shocked about? Why were the Shamrock fans clapping him off? I think it is pretty clear why Nolan wanted him out of Meadow Lane.LOL
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:33pm

I just saw Burke's sending off, the whole thing is comical. What on earth was he shocked about? Why were the Shamrock fans clapping him off? I think it is pretty clear why Nolan wanted him out of Meadow Lane.LOL
Because for tbe first time in too long we have a group of players who stood up to the hackers of Dundalk. Yes it was a mental tackle and a stupid sending off right after scoring, but the enthusiasm and spirit is strong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic