You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : Junior & Intermediate Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leinster Junior Cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leinster Junior Cup
    Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:59pm
Great weekend for two Carlow sides, New Oak Boys who beat Malahide United and Crettyard who beat Crumlin. 

Last 8 now. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 2:23am
Are Crettyard the top team in Carlow? That Malahide team would be pretty poor as its their 2nd, possibly 3rd team
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 3:57pm
Have Crettyard played since and how did they get on?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Have Crettyard played since and how did they get on?

They're playing New Oak in the last 8 next Sunday week Thumbs Up

New Oak have won every league game this season aside from a draw with St Fiaccs the team I manage Wink

They will go in as slight favs as they're at home, but Cretty are really gathering momentum. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Are Crettyard the top team in Carlow? That Malahide team would be pretty poor as its their 2nd, possibly 3rd team

Just wondering what are you basing that on?

Earlier this season Sheriff had their full team out in this competition when they beat 2 Carlow teams in earlier rounds, Lester, Murphy, Rock, O'Neill etc were all starting. 

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Earlier this season Sheriff had their full team out in this competition when they beat 2 Carlow teams in earlier rounds, Lester, Murphy, Rock, O'Neill etc were all starting. 

Malahides first team are intermediate. They can't play in this cup. That's why LSL teams struggle in this competition. The bigger clubs have Intermediate sides.

The AUL is classed as a junior league so that's why Sheriff had their top team out
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Malahides first team are intermediate. They can't play in this cup. That's why LSL teams struggle in this competition. The bigger clubs have Intermediate sides.

The AUL is classed as a junior league so that's why Sheriff had their top team out

Sound mate.

Would Sheriff be favs if they played Malahide or Crumlin's first team just curious?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:41pm

Sheriff beat Crumlin about a year ago when they both had pretty much their first teams out. Sheriff would definitely be competitive at the top of LSL Sunday Senior (Intermediate) even though technically they are a junior team
El Puto Amo
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:43pm
Sheriff beat crumlin in a friendly earlier this season . They are widely regarded to be as good as any intermediate side. They choose to stay in AUL (wrongly , in my opinion) for financial reasons .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:51pm
Due to the LSL being intermediate there's obviously more cash floating about to pay players yeah?

Granted it's only the Junior Cup but it's some achievement for Carlow sides to make the last 8 of it, the league is progressing at a really good rate.

The standard of facilities are rapidly improving and the league are encouraging managers/coaches to do their badges, so all positive. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 10:22pm

Due to the LSL being intermediate there's obviously more cash floating about to pay players yeah?

Granted it's only the Junior Cup but it's some achievement for Carlow sides to make the last 8 of it, the league is progressing at a really good rate.

The standard of facilities are rapidly improving and the league are encouraging managers/coaches to do their badges, so all positive. 

There are some clubs who pay their main players a few quid but while it's widely known, it's not spoken about in the open really. Managers of top LSL teams getting paid is defo widespread
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:24am
Sheriff YC are at home to New Oak Boys on Sunday!

Sheriff are 1/2 on, given what Sheriff have won in the past few years it seems a crazy price (in a good way)

New Oak are a good side, but if Dean Kelly doesn't play well they tend to struggle big time, they are very over reliant on him! 

Best of luck to them anyhow, great achievement for a Carlow team to make the last 4 of any Leinster competition. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic