You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Marriner The Lansdowne Riot...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jason Marriner The Lansdowne Riot...
    Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:56pm

Talk about waffle!!

Just came across this - is this chap for real?

Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:00pm
Gardai handed their arse to them that night (even if it did take them a while at first)
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:09pm
Was at the match the guards went AWOL for a while but by Christ the truncheons came out when they arrived.

I actually felt sorry for the English people at the front of the lower old west stand there were lads there that got plummeted it was those in the top stand who started it.

Bernard O'Byrne wanted his head examined for putting them on top of the west stand.

In 1991 they were in the schoolboy terrace of the south stand and things went off peacefully enough a few skirmishes that night on O'Connell St.

Sadly idiots like Marriner who are glorified by muppets like Danny Dyer have no place at football matches.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:14pm
A grade A ****. No way did that fat f**ker climb over a barrier either. Stupid **** got fooled by Donal McIntyre.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:31pm
Know lots of decent English fans who avoid their away matches cos of counts like this
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:34pm
It was a miracle that no one was killed that night. That video is a snap shot into the mind of the type of scum that the brought over. As we say in France last summer, they haven't gone away you know.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:44pm
Oooooohhhh, he's hard!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:58pm
They all got battered onto the ferry in Dun Laoghaire and then when they got to Holyhead the Welsh Cops got on and battered them off
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 12:31am
he likes saying facking
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:48am
Read his book a while back. That video is practically word for word what he says in the book about that night
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Was at the match the guards went AWOL for a while but by Christ the truncheons came out when they arrived.

I actually felt sorry for the English people at the front of the lower old west stand there were lads there that got plummeted it was those in the top stand who started it.

Bernard O'Byrne wanted his head examined for putting them on top of the west stand.

In 1991 they were in the schoolboy terrace of the south stand and things went off peacefully enough a few skirmishes that night on O'Connell St.

Sadly idiots like Marriner who are glorified by muppets like Danny Dyer have no place at football matches.

The 1991 game was at Wembley, the home game was in November 1990, distinctly remember a large group of England fans in the upper west stand.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Read his book a while back. That video is practically word for word what he says in the book about that night
It says everything about the modern world that this **** is a published author.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:55am
At the end of the day it is what it is it was what is was, as Jason would say. 

Edited by irelandfan - 03 Feb 2017 at 2:56am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 6:56am
Comes across as a very articulate guy
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

The 1991 game was at Wembley, the home game was in November 1990, distinctly remember a large group of England fans in the upper west stand.

1990 then sorry - I just remember the new punt coin had come out and they were firing them over at us on the main south terrace was only a youngster but went home with a pocketful.LOL

Can't remember them housed in the West upper - just remember Gazza was sub and tried to wind the crowd up when warming up specifically in front of the North Terrace who gave him a nice welcome.

I remember there was confusion whether GSQ would be played - there were lads around us saying right everybody 'sit down' probably would have looked hilarious if they had of played it.

Bygone days!!

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 11:01am

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

1990 then sorry - I just remember the new punt coin had come out and they were firing them over at us on the main south terrace was only a youngster but went home with a pocketful.LOL

Can't remember them housed in the West upper - just remember Gazza was sub and tried to wind the crowd up when warming up specifically in front of the North Terrace who gave him a nice welcome.

I remember there was confusion whether GSQ would be played - there were lads around us saying right everybody 'sit down' probably would have looked hilarious if they had of played it.

Bygone days!!

They were in the exact same place in 90, difference was there was a ring of uniformed Garda around them whereas in 95 it was decided to have a less obvious presence to reflect the peace process etc so it was mostly plain clothes coppers. In 90, as soon as any of them started getting lairy the guards moved in and nipped it in the bud. In 95 plain clothes cops were just ignored.

There were loads of coins raining down into the South Terrace when we started roaring You'll never beat the Irish just after Cas scored.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 11:54am

Jacko: Come 'ere to me you little prick
Garda; Ah Jacko, he's had enough to be fair
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 12:01pm
I heard (could be exaggerated) that in '95 they were herded out and back onto the ferry straight after the game, practically battered down to the port, gardai had to travel on the boat with them and again any sort of trouble was dealt with swiftly, then on way back the coppers had feet up and a few jars...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic