Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leicester to be relegated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leicester to be relegated
    Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 10:43pm
Have the champions ever gone down the following season in the English top division?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Have the champions ever gone down the following season in the English top division?

If they do it'll be hailed as another side effect of the 'greatest league in the world' where anything can happen. Bollocks. In the real greatest league in the world the champions have even gone down before the following season starts 

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 31 Jan 2017 at 10:53pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:04pm
Hopefully we will see a sacking soon.  Not enough sackings this season for my liking.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:26pm

Think I read before that Man City did it in the 1930's or 30's. I also think I read that they were the only team to score and concede over 100 goals in an English league season.

This may be completely wrong and I just dreamed this.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Think I read before that Man City did it in the 1930's or 30's. I also think I read that they were the only team to score and concede over 100 goals in an English league season.

This may be completely wrong and I just dreamed this.

Won the title in 1937, relegated in 1938.

But Football never existed before Premier League so it'll never get mentioned
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:47pm
Leicester could very conceivably go down. Palace are going to pick up points - Big Sam has kept much worse squads up than what he has to work with there, Swansea are hitting form, even Hull have looked like they have more fight under Marco Silva and have made some good additions today. Sunderland look like they won't have enough but Leicester only need two of those four to start firing and they're in deep sh*t

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 31 Jan 2017 at 11:48pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 12:27am
Leicester will win the champions league and be relegated in the same season.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:21am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Think I read before that Man City did it in the 1930's or 30's. I also think I read that they were the only team to score and concede over 100 goals in an English league season

Won the title in 1937, relegated in 1938.
Fabulous article on a truly crazy season here:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/craziest-season-english-football-when-champions-went-down-and-lucky-arsenal-annoyed-nation

According to The Guardian, this was: 'the most Cityish act in City 's history'

Eighty years later, not that much has changed...

Edited by Territorial - 01 Feb 2017 at 2:23am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:18pm
The closest in my lifetime was in 1992-1993. Leeds had toppled Man Utd for the 1991-1992 title, and went an an appalling run in 1992-1993, and were only saved on the last day of the season. I think that is factually accurate, but open to correction.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The closest in my lifetime was in 1992-1993. Leeds had toppled Man Utd for the 1991-1992 title, and went an an appalling run in 1992-1993, and were only saved on the last day of the season. I think that is factually accurate, but open to correction.

Leeds were sh*t but don't recall them being near the relegation zone.  Oldham were the big escapists on the last day.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:34pm
Finsihed 2 points outside the relegation places. Oldham survived on Goal Difference
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:49pm
I remember Leeds doing poorly that season but shocked that they finished only 2 points clear of relegation Shocked
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:00pm
I actually thought they were even closer to going down! I remember watching Oldham's last game on RTE, pretty sure they beat Southampton at home  in a thriller while Arsenal and Ian Wright sent Palace down.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I actually thought they were even closer to going down! I remember watching Oldham's last game on RTE, pretty sure they beat Southampton at home  in a thriller while Arsenal and Ian Wright sent Palace down.

Yes it was 4-3 at Boundary Park.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:04pm

I remember Gunnar Halle missing an absolute sitter from about 6 yards. Think the ball ended up going over the stand. Did Sheffield United get relegated that day as well? Chelsea played them in Stamford Bridge and Sheffield United were safe until the last couple of minutes.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:18pm

Yes it was 4-3 at Boundary Park.
Le Tiss scoring a hat-trick.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:27pm

I remember Gunnar Halle missing an absolute sitter from about 6 yards. Think the ball ended up going over the stand. Did Sheffield United get relegated that day as well? Chelsea played them in Stamford Bridge and Sheffield United were safe until the last couple of minutes.

Following season. Palace, Boro and Forest went down that season.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 4:22pm

Hopefully we will see a sacking soon.  Not enough sackings this season for my liking.

and who would you prefer to get sacked first?

Wenger
Klopp
Ranieri
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic