You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 126>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

http://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2507364.html#/

We are in the same table as Wales & the O6 however we could be in a different '3 team group' than them

Feck it all,what a load of balls

Mentions nothing there in regards to the Leagues being seeded

Did I say it did?

Didn't say you didn't just saying it in reference to the posts above about it being seeded. you would think that would be something UEFA would put in there if it was the case

I'd say the bit they put in the actual tournament regulations about it being seeded would answer the question.
Sponsored Links

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

http://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2507364.html#/

We are in the same table as Wales & the O6 however we could be in a different '3 team group' than them

Feck it all,what a load of balls

Mentions nothing there in regards to the Leagues being seeded

Did I say it did?

Didn't say you didn't just saying it in reference to the posts above about it being seeded. you would think that would be something UEFA would put in there if it was the case

I'd say the bit they put in the actual tournament regulations about it being seeded would answer the question.

Ahh...you mean the bit in black and white
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
Seriously, could they make this process any more complicated?

Trying to make sense of this thing is like trying to make sense of the Lisbon Treaty. Nobody seems to understand what to make of it.

I thought that we had a 4 team group next year and everyone would have 6 games, playing each other home and away between September and November, which wouldn't be too bad. Now it appears to not be the case. And now they're apparently not qualifiers either.

I love the 24 team format in the tournament itself, as every game in it has something on it. But this is the most chaotic qualification process for a tournament I've ever seen.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Seriously, could they make this process any more complicated?

Trying to make sense of this thing is like trying to make sense of the Lisbon Treaty. Nobody seems to understand what to make of it.

I thought that we had a 4 team group next year and everyone would have 6 games, playing each other home and away between September and November, which wouldn't be too bad. Now it appears to not be the case. And now they're apparently not qualifiers either.

I love the 24 team format in the tournament itself, as every game in it has something on it. But this is the most chaotic qualification process for a tournament I've ever seen.

That has been the case from the very start. It was only ever going to have four team groups for the lower seeded sides, and it has never been intended to be qualifiers either.

They haven't changed the format since it was first announced. It'll be a lot clearer once it is up and running.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:02am
It's new, but once you get your head around it it's fairly simple. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:33am
I'm lost with this. Is this for qualifying for 2020?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:36am
Took me a while to get my head around it but once I did I think its a cracking idea and I am looking forward to the matches now. They will have a competitive edge I am sure especially from our league down.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Took me a while to get my head around it but once I did I think its a cracking idea and I am looking forward to the matches now. They will have a competitive edge I am sure especially from our league down.

I'm the same. I can't wait for it to start and I think it will be a massive boost to international football
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:43am

The simplest way for me to explain it is this is a separate tournament to the euro 2020 qualifiers. They start later. The top 2 qualify. Third place means nothing. To get into a play off you need to do well in the Nations league, if you qualify out of your group in the nations league it gives you the back up of a play off. If you then qualify automatically through the euro 2020 qualifiers then your place in the play off goes to the next best ranked team.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:43am

The simplest way for me to explain it is this is a separate tournament to the euro 2020 qualifiers. They start later. The top 2 qualify as usual during qualifying. Third place means nothing. To get into a play off you need to do well in the Nations league, if you qualify out of your group in the nations league it gives you the back up of a play off. If you then qualify automatically through the euro 2020 qualifiers then your place in the play off goes to the next best ranked team.
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:54am
If you qualify via the Nations League then it just friendlies when the traditional Euros competition starts. 
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:55am
You know its going to be turkey and russia
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:09am

The simplest way for me to explain it is this is a separate tournament to the euro 2020 qualifiers. They start later. The top 2 qualify. Third place means nothing. To get into a play off you need to do well in the Nations league, if you qualify out of your group in the nations league it gives you the back up of a play off. If you then qualify automatically through the euro 2020 qualifiers then your place in the play off goes to the next best ranked team.
f**k me I'd hate to hear the complicated version
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:13am

f**k me I'd hate to hear the complicated version

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:33am
I think it's a great idea for a tournament.

I'm sure it will be taken very competively, but, I can see managers using it to also blood new players in competitive games.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:49am
So am I right in saying, the winners of leagues A,B,C & D qualify for the Euros? I'm sure I've heard somewhere that a team from League D is guaranteed to qualify. 

I find the whole thing very far from being straightforward but I'm sure I'll understand it better once it starts.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

So am I right in saying, the winners of leagues A,B,C & D qualify for the Euros? I'm sure I've heard somewhere that a team from League D is guaranteed to qualify. 

I find the whole thing very far from being straightforward but I'm sure I'll understand it better once it starts.
if that's the case then being in a lower group is better. I heard we knocked Wales out of group A into group B...surely that gives them a better chance to qualify?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 126>
  Share Topic