You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:04pm
My main issue with Brady making the 23, is that his selection can in no way be attributed to form.

Players being picked on reputation or past glories is not what I want to see under the new regime. 
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

My main issue with Brady making the 23, is that his selection can in no way be attributed to form.

Players being picked on reputation or past glories is not what I want to see under the new regime. 

I'd be optimistic Kenny wouldn't do that tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I'd be optimistic Kenny wouldn't do that tbh. 

I have no doubt he won’t if Brady and others don’t perform but originally I’d be surprised if he isn’t there. He’s still a decent player and is very versatile also. Mind he needs to move somewhere this summer doesn’t he really. Doubt he will get much gametime at Burnley 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 5:52pm
This will hardly come as a shock - all NL games for September to be played BCD. Cry

Edited by ConorMac77 - 19 Aug 2020 at 5:53pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:38pm
Bulgaria game to take place in Sofia.

FAI need NPHET to agree to UEFAs travel bubble in order to avoid the quarantine when they come back

DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:43pm
Who has the tv rights for this??
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

RTE have the rights for the Ireland games. Virgin showing the rest
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Last year sky sports had Ireland games. Virgin had highlights and rest of games. Has that changed?
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Last year sky sports had Ireland games. Virgin had highlights and rest of games. Has that changed?
Last nations league campaign I meant 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 11:18am
Must be the same, an add on virgin is that they are showing Germany - Spain at the same time Ireland are playing. They then have our highlights at 10.
The dark side.. And the light
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 11:27am

Posted this in the bulgaria thread but more fitting here. Anyone else concerned this could be a problem for us given the match in Bulgaria and there is currently a need to quarantine on return to UK!

Clubs will not be obliged to release their players for duty in September's international window if it will mean a period of quarantine.

FIFA has revised its rules after consultation with UEFA, whose member associations are involved in next month's international friendlies and Nations League matches.

With the COVID-19 crisis still affecting daily life across the planet, football's governing body has introduced temporary measures to help to reduce the health risk to players and impact on clubs.

As such, clubs will not have to release their players to represent their countries if it would involve a mandatory period of self-isolation of at least five days.

That applies whether the period of quarantine would take place in the country of origin or arrival.

"In light of the recent evolution of the coronavirus pandemic, the Bureau of the FIFA Council has unanimously decided to temporarily adapt the rules concerning the release of players during the upcoming September international window, which is to be played only by UEFA member associations," read a statement.

"The situation of the pandemic is rapidly evolving across the world and many national governments have again implemented travel and immigration restrictions due to a renewed increase in COVID-19 infections.

"Some of these measures directly impact international competition, such as mandatory periods of quarantine or self-isolation and travel restrictions.

"As a result, in order to ensure that the well-being and health of all individuals involved in international competition is respected, the Bureau of the FIFA Council has, after consultation with UEFA, decided that the general rules which normally oblige clubs to release players for national team matches should not apply in the following instances:

- there is a mandatory period of quarantine or self-isolation of at least five days upon arrival at:
- the location of the club which has an obligation to release the player to an association team; or
- the location where a representative team match is scheduled to take place;
- there is a travel restriction to or from either location (a. or b. above); and
- no specific exemption from the relevant authorities relating to the above decisions has been granted to players of a representative team.

"Furthermore, all participants in matches during international windows must abide by the health and safety protocols established by the relevant competition organiser."

The revised measures apply from August 31 to September 8 for men and from September 14 to 22 for women.

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Aug 2020 at 11:28am
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Judging by this nothing has changed
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 1:25pm
Looking at the fixtures list for us and we'll have 8 senior international games over an 11 week period. (Happy days)

I would think there is going to be a few inclusions and exclusions in terms of the squad as we go. 

By November, players like parrott and molumby will have had a clearer idea as to where they are at club level.

Interesting number of games in that space of time
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 1:36pm
I wouldn’t be surprised if Molumby is sent out on loan again with all the midfielders at Brighton. Hopefully not and he’s given a decent chance 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Looking at the fixtures list for us and we'll have 8 senior international games over an 11 week period. (Happy days)

I would think there is going to be a few inclusions and exclusions in terms of the squad as we go. 

By November, players like parrott and molumby will have had a clearer idea as to where they are at club level.

Interesting number of games in that space of time

Will no doubt be plenty rotating as well. That will suit Kenny in a wierd way as id say he’s looking at his midfielders and attackers with some idea of course but really not a 100% sure who’s his best. 

The play offs have to be the priority get to the Euros. Yes winning your Nations League group means you will be 2nd seeds in the Euro qualifiers but in reality 85% of the time 2nd and 3rd seeds in Europe is a much of a muchness unless you get hit with a horror group like the North got with Germany and Holland in the Euro qualifiers. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 1:47pm
I feel there's 6 pts there for the taking next week.
Bulgaria are poor as we know.
Finland are a decent team and one I'd expect to give us a hard time but I'm hopeful we can come to that game with a win under our belt and confidence to get a 2nd win.

I may be in dream-land.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I feel there's 6 pts there for the taking next week.
Bulgaria are poor as we know.
Finland are a decent team and one I'd expect to give us a hard time but I'm hopeful we can come to that game with a win under our belt and confidence to get a 2nd win.

I may be in dream-land.

Bulgaria as you say are poor even we both played B teams in the 3-1 match last year though Bulgaria did bring some of their regulars on in the 2nd half and I still think they were poor.

Finland will be a good test. I haven't seen their squad yet but they do have a few recognisable names

Hradecky is a decent goalkeeper, Jere Uronen is a pacy fullback who could cause issues, Tim Sparv is a workmanlike defensive midfielder/defender and of course Pukki if given time and space can punish teams. 

But yeah I think 6 points is a realistic goal for these two games.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 26 Aug 2020 at 2:14pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 2:19pm
Ireland are 7/5 to beat Bulgaria with Bet365 decent odds I think.
Wales 8/5 to beat Finland away...

Edited by Maccatacca - 26 Aug 2020 at 2:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126>
  Share Topic