You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 126>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Self-policed when a last minute winner goes in?LOL 
The arguments against all those things opening up, as well as for them,they would argue necessary economic risk, are valid; however, these are largely irrelevant here as no  sensible government is going to sanction fifteen thousand people going to one place for a football match or any other form of recreation or entertainment. 
That's before UEFA or FIFA get involved and possibly even the FAI themselves. I can't imagine there is anything in it, other than losses, for them to risk regular supporters health to open up a fifty thousand seater stadium for less than a third of it to come in. I would imagine they are better off playing it in front of nobody at all.

Outside of all of that, I can't for the life of me understand why you would want to go! I know people can get in my tits, certainly as individuals, but the great thing about live sport, especially football, is the shared passion and being part of a crowd. Not part of a crowd keeping two metres away and avoiding each other, even if that is what those running the game would prefer.

You're as likely to contract an STD as you are Covid-19 when a last minute winner goes in in Lansdowne!
Sponsored Links

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

At how much a ticket? Both factors are equally important. 
It costs between €40,000 to €120,000 to open Croke Park. I’d say 40,000 to have one stand open, right up to the whole stadium for €120,000.

LGFA have to sell 26,000 tickets at an average price of €15 to open up Croke Park.
Each Club must buy 8 tickets at €25 each. There are approx 1,100 clubs.
Anything less is loss making.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

At how much a ticket? Both factors are equally important. 
It costs between €40,000 to €120,000 to open Croke Park. I’d say 40,000 to have one stand open, right up to the whole stadium for €120,000.

LGFA have to sell 26,000 tickets at an average price of €15 to open up Croke Park.
Each Club must buy 8 tickets at €25 each. There are approx 1,100 clubs.
Anything less is loss making.
LGFA is not part of the GAA so different rules probably apply to them therefor the extra charges. The figures I used are from Croke Park and a GAA official.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 1:31pm
Its not just STs that would need to be accommodated, theres Club Ireland, Vantage Club, sponsors, and of course ‘other’ box and premium seat holder (thanks JD).

Anyway, point is that its a lot more than 15k spread around.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Self-policed when a last minute winner goes in?LOL 
The arguments against all those things opening up, as well as for them,they would argue necessary economic risk, are valid; however, these are largely irrelevant here as no  sensible government is going to sanction fifteen thousand people going to one place for a football match or any other form of recreation or entertainment. 
That's before UEFA or FIFA get involved and possibly even the FAI themselves. I can't imagine there is anything in it, other than losses, for them to risk regular supporters health to open up a fifty thousand seater stadium for less than a third of it to come in. I would imagine they are better off playing it in front of nobody at all.

Outside of all of that, I can't for the life of me understand why you would want to go! I know people can get in my tits, certainly as individuals, but the great thing about live sport, especially football, is the shared passion and being part of a crowd. Not part of a crowd keeping two metres away and avoiding each other, even if that is what those running the game would prefer.

You're as likely to contract an STD as you are Covid-19 when a last minute winner goes in in Lansdowne!

LOL eh what
It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Its not just STs that would need to be accommodated, theres Club Ireland, Vantage Club, sponsors, and of course ‘other’ box and premium seat holder (thanks JD).

I don't know the breakdown in figure but I doubt the combined figure is more than 15K
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I don't know the breakdown in figure but I doubt the combined figure is more than 15K
theres just over 14k STs but for the rest Im not sure either. Based on STs closer to 20k would be my guess in total incl all the others. Of course youd have to consider would everybody ‘entitled’ to a ticket actually go, would sponsors take up all their entitlements etc. All ifs and buts on that front

Regardless though, even at 15k max. The requisite number of stewards would be required inside and outside the stadium for that crowd (not sure of the ratio) Gardai, First Aiders, Also internal staff such as bars catering, do they open?  Again lots of ifs and but but its certainly more complex than saying n 15k supporters must sit x amount of seats apart...unfortunately.

Think someone else mentioned about if say a Cat C holder was moved to Cat A, what about the lad that paid more for their seat etc. Non issue IMO. Event organisers are entitled to move people if required for operational issues.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 5:19pm
Section 114 next October 
Let Christy Take It.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:46pm
http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/nations-league-confusion-as-uefa-organises-congested-calendar

Supposed rumours of UEFA shortening the NL group fixtures to 3 games instead of 6 according to this Greek sports site. It should be clarified at their next meeting on the May 27th. Can't see it happening myself.

Even if it goes ahead in September 6 games behind closed doors is fairly depressing. 

The triple headers suggestion isn't a bad idea imo. It frees up a month and if it was in normal times a triple header would be a lot handier getting time off work for away games rather than spacing 3 of them in 3 months.  There'd be a double away header in one of those international windows. 

Edited by irishmufc - 17 May 2020 at 5:57pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:53am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/nations-league-confusion-as-uefa-organises-congested-calendar

Supposed rumours of UEFA shortening the NL group fixtures to 3 games instead of 6 according to this Greek sports site. It should be clarified at their next meeting on the May 27th. Can't see it happening myself.

Even if it goes ahead in September 6 games behind closed doors is fairly depressing. 

The triple headers suggestion isn't a bad idea imo. It frees up a month and if it was in normal times a triple header would be a lot handier getting time off work for away games rather than spacing 3 of them in 3 months.  There'd be a double away header in one of those international windows. 

Cant see any of us getting into a ground to be honest Muff in the next 5 months
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Regardless of tv money for Nations league I think that will be the least of their concerns. It won’t be long before Euro 21 is under threat.

John Horan has by far the most realistic assessment of what sport has to contend with over the coming months/years - that there’ll be no competitive GAA action as long as social distancing is needed. Now he has an extra hurdle given all GAA players have other jobs but that’s the simple reality. 

We need a vaccine before we are back to enjoying football without the constant threat hanging over of a positive test/outbreak amongst a squad/second wave. Finishing off the club competitions in 2020 is fanciful at best.

Good post.

I agree with all of it except the third last word - 'fanciful' - I had to Google it to find the definition. LOL It's not certain that they can all be finished, but it is realistic (for a few countries at least). 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:54pm
With all the covid reshuffling, UEFA were short 2 international games. There was talk of shortening Nations League but it now looks like FIFA will schedule an international window in January 2022 to make up for it. AFCON will be on at the time, and CONCACAF announced fixtures today for January.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

With all the covid reshuffling, UEFA were short 2 international games. There was talk of shortening Nations League but it now looks like FIFA will schedule an international window in January 2022 to make up for it. AFCON will be on at the time, and CONCACAF announced fixtures today for January.

So the UEFA qualifiers will finish in Jan 2022 ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 10:10pm
Awful disappointing update Shedite. 

Thought it might've been an unlikely declaration from the Bulgarian FA telling us we're sound to land over in September. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Awful disappointing update Shedite. 

Thought it might've been an unlikely declaration from the Bulgarian FA telling us we're sound to land over in September. LOL

There will probably be crowds at football in Bulgaria this Autumn.  However very unlikely UEFA will sanction crowds in September.  Still hopeful for October and November but not optimistic.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 5:54pm
Any idea when the squad will be named for these games? Not too far away, no? 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 6:46pm
3 weeks to the day now to the first game.
Hoping there's not some massive Covid spike in Europe to derail them.
I'd say we'll get the squad a week before, no?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 6:56pm
Historically they get named 3ish weeks in advance, and then have the squad train together for 5 or 6 days? Set tactics etc. 

So I would think Monday? No?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 126>
  Share Topic