You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 126>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

If playoff is next March and Mick stays on, will be interesting to see starting 11 this time next year. 

You got your answer a couple of hours after your post LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Booking all the trips early has not worked out it seems Cry
I'd already learned from the NL trip to Copenhagen (which turned out to be in Aarhus) in 2018 not to go rushing into booking flights the nanosecond the fixture dates were announced. I've also realised that it's often better to wait until the initial rush of Internet traffic has settled down before booking flights as they have tended to come back down. 
Well, that would depend on how many different flights you were booking. As deise316 said, 9 times out out of 10 it will work. So you might lose €100 on 1, but the other 9 will probably have gone up by €20-30 (more initially, and then coming back down in price as you said) in the time you're waiting. 

Every flight isn't the same, but that's my experience and belief. 

Reasonably priced can cover all the basis though for Aarhus I had to book a new return flight but the outgoing flight was fine 

I have Helsinki bookedCry as much for the handy times as anything else but they would still work for Tampere if it was there 

Can’t see Lufthansa being too accommodating in shifting them so if push comes to shove we will still go and make a short break of it 

Lufthansa will give you the value of the flight in credit basically.
https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information under I have a booking and want to postpone, anything booked before 19th April they'll honour at another date up to April 2021 just contact them before 31st August.

Really I thought it was just for travel in the next few months 

Great if it is 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Booking all the trips early has not worked out it seems Cry
I'd already learned from the NL trip to Copenhagen (which turned out to be in Aarhus) in 2018 not to go rushing into booking flights the nanosecond the fixture dates were announced. I've also realised that it's often better to wait until the initial rush of Internet traffic has settled down before booking flights as they have tended to come back down. 
Well, that would depend on how many different flights you were booking. As deise316 said, 9 times out out of 10 it will work. So you might lose €100 on 1, but the other 9 will probably have gone up by €20-30 (more initially, and then coming back down in price as you said) in the time you're waiting. 

Every flight isn't the same, but that's my experience and belief. 

Reasonably priced can cover all the basis though for Aarhus I had to book a new return flight but the outgoing flight was fine 

I have Helsinki bookedCry as much for the handy times as anything else but they would still work for Tampere if it was there 

Can’t see Lufthansa being too accommodating in shifting them so if push comes to shove we will still go and make a short break of it 

Lufthansa will give you the value of the flight in credit basically.
https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information under I have a booking and want to postpone, anything booked before 19th April they'll honour at another date up to April 2021 just contact them before 31st August.

Really I thought it was just for travel in the next few months 

Great if it is 

That's my reading of it anyway, basically looks like they have to be contacted by 31st August 

Edited by wanderer - 05 Apr 2020 at 3:12pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:11am

yeah seems to be the case - that's pretty generous tbf from Lufthansa plus a 50 euro voucher

will leave as is until august anyway maybe the Finland dates mighten change but nice to have that safety net otherwise it was the guts of 550

Edited by Newryrep - 06 Apr 2020 at 9:13am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 7:09pm
Take this with a pinch of salt from the Irish/Daily Mirror but apparently UEFA have a meeting on Monday where the Nations League may be on the agenda. In any case I assume we'll know if the Nations League is going ahead before the end of May. 

UEFA will hold their next meeting with the national associations on Monday - and the Nations League might finally get a place on the agenda... or be axed.

The tournament has been conspicuous by its absence in recent discussions but is the obvious thing to make way to squeeze in the fixture backlog.

England are due to play Denmark, Belgium and Iceland in their Group across six international dates in the autumn, building up to a finals next year.

But the reality is that international football might not get a look-in until next year and, with Euro 2020 rescheduled until 2021, it would be impossible to have two finals in the same summer so the Nations League could bite the dust.

It will be a shame if it goes because it was a good tournament, needed to build on the momentum - and now may lose out completely as you struggle to find even a mention on the website or in recent talks.

FA chief executive Mark Bullingham will be taking part in the talks and deserves respect as one of the few football administrators to have faced and taken questions from the media in this crisis - despite various pundits wrongly suggesting otherwise.

UEFA’s next ExCo is on May 27 when next season’s Champions League and Europa League will be discussed but qualifiers look set to be scrapped to ease the fixture backlog.

Domestic leagues are under pressure to tell UEFA by May 25 their plans to finish the season and also how and which teams would reach their club competitions.

http://schema.org/ImageObject" data-observed="false" data-init="true" style="background: rgb(241, 241, 241); border: 0px; font-size: 16px; margin: 18px 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 1px; overflow: hidden; position: relative; width: 626px;">
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 7:25pm
I read that yesterday.  There isn't much in it. It certainly won't be a surprise if they bin it, but I'm not sure the Mirror knows any more than the rest of us, based on the article.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:08pm
It's the obvious one to go. It was only invented to add some competition to games that occupy blank spots in the football calendar 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I read that yesterday.  There isn't much in it. It certainly won't be a surprise if they bin it, but I'm not sure the Mirror knows any more than the rest of us, based on the article.

It doesn't which is why I'm scraping the barrel for news LOL

UEFA rely on the TV money from competitions but would they be happy for it to go ahead behind closed doors? I'd assume  all the national football associations in Europe  wouldn't accept 3 home group games to go ahead behind closed doors and would rather the tournament was moved to the next Nations League which isn't until 2022.

Edited by irishmufc - 09 May 2020 at 8:13pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

UEFA rely on the TV money from competitions but would they be happy for it to go ahead behind closed doors? I'd assume  all the national football associations in Europe  wouldn't accept 3 home group games to go ahead behind closed doors and would rather the tournament was moved to next year?

Muff even if they go ahead and you wanted to go your probably looking at 14 days quarantine on your return here at least if not the place you're going to bar Wales. Throw in the towel 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 May 2020 at 8:12pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:14pm

UEFA rely on the TV money from competitions but would they be happy for it to go ahead behind closed doors? I'd assume  all the national football associations in Europe  wouldn't accept 3 home group games to go ahead behind closed doors and would rather the tournament was moved to next year?
UEFA are beholding to club/franchise football. They make them more money and they call the shots.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Muff even if they go ahead and you wanted to go your probably looking at 14 days quarantine on your return here at least if not the place you're going to bar Wales. Throw in the towel 

I'm not talking about travelling to the matches as I've wrote off any foreign travel this year apart from Clare Island.

I'm asking would the 53 odd football associations kick up a fuss if UEFA insisted on playing the entire tournament behind closed doors? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:19pm
UEFA wouldn't do that! They want the money.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:21pm
But again I'm asking is the TV money alone sufficient for UEFA to press ahead as the gate receipts from the attendances would go to the football associations wouldn't they? 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:30pm

But again I'm asking is the TV money alone sufficient for UEFA to press ahead as the gate receipts from the attendances would go to the football associations wouldn't they? 

I'm not sure of the exact breakdown, but UEFA take a cut.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:34pm

It's an integral part of the collective TV deal. Big financial hit for UEFA as a whole and for national associations if it's cancelled. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

It's an integral part of the collective TV deal. Big financial hit for UEFA as a whole and for national associations if it's cancelled. 

So would UEFA and the associations be in unison when it comes to playing the tournament behind closed doors this year or postpone it until 2021 with attendances?  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Of course, but their prime income is the CL. The big teams in club football will decide now. It used to be the associations and, for all their faults, particularly in our case, I would prefer that.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 9:04pm

TV revenue is much bigger than gate revenue I reckon. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 126>
  Share Topic