You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 126>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Fairly sure Finland normally play in Tampere, rather than Helsinki, for what it's worth.

They travel round a bit, Tampere, Turku, Helsinki have all been used recently. Dated a Finn for 6 years and have been all over the country, Tampere and Turku are great spots. Helsinki not bad but pricey as fook. I think they play the odd friendly in Lahti too. I really hope we get them.
Ask MaGee
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Fairly sure Finland normally play in Tampere, rather than Helsinki, for what it's worth.

They travel round a bit, Tampere, Turku, Helsinki have all been used recently. Dated a Finn for 6 years and have been all over the country, Tampere and Turku are great spots. Helsinki not bad but pricey as fook. I think they play the odd friendly in Lahti too. I really hope we get them.

Did she finish with you?

If you considered dating after six years then it was no surprise she disappeared with FinnAir.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:02am
In order of preference from each Pot

Pot A

Czech Republic- Both from a travelling  and football point of view I think everyone will agree the Czechs would probably be the best team to draw from this pot, they have some good players and can be dangerous as England found out in Qualifying for the Euros but I'd say we'd stand a better chance against them than the other teams. Prague is a fantastic spot too.

Austria- Travel wise it's easy to get too, football wise they can be dangerous but they are very hot and cold.

Russia- Travel will be expensive and it will be a tough game, I' much rather avoid

Wales- Cardiff again no thanks, plus the whole Derby feel

Pot 2

Finland- very similar to Czech Republic in the sense it would be the easier game and Helsinki would be a great place to visit

Norway- Expensive place to visit yes, but would be an easier game (Though they do have some very good young players coming through) than the other two in the pot so just about edges Serbia into 2nd 

Serbia- travel wise a bit of a pain and because we had them two campaigns ago they are down, dangerous team to play against too.

Scotland- Similar to Wales, the Derby element makes it a tricky game, though I don't think Scottish football is in a great place at all and I'd be confident of a good result i'd rather avoid.

Pot 4

Hungary- beautiful city cheap as chips very easy to get to, would be a tough game but again I think we'd be confident as they are very hit or miss.

Bulgaria- as shown in the friendly we played against them, they aren't great at all. Sofia may fall under the kip list but from an entirely football stand point they be one to draw

Romania- Great young team, will be a tough tough game but give me a trip to Bucharest over a trip to Israel any day of the week.

Israel- Football wise it would be a great draw no question, would I want to visit Israel no

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:04am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pot A

Czech Republic- Both from a travelling  and football point of view I think everyone will agree the Czechs would probably be the best team to draw from this pot, they have some good players and can be dangerous as England found out in Qualifying for the Euros but I'd say we'd stand a better chance against them than the other teams. Prague is a fantastic spot too.

Austria- Travel wise it's easy to get too, football wise they can be dangerous but they are very hot and cold.

Russia- Travel will be expensive and it will be a tough game, I' much rather avoid

Pot 2

Finland- very similar to Czech Republic in the sense it would be the easier game and Helsinki would be a great place to visit

Norway- Expensive place to visit yes, but would be an easier game (Though they do have some very good young players coming through) than the other two in the pot so just about edges Serbia into 2nd 

Serbia- travel wise a bit of a pain and because we had them two campaigns ago they are down, dangerous team to play against too.

Scotland- Similar to Wales, the Derby element makes it a tricky game, though I don't think Scottish football is in a great place at all and I'd be confident of a good result i'd rather avoid.

Pot 4

Hungary- beautiful city cheap as chips very easy to get to, would be a tough game but again I think we'd be confident as they are very hit or miss.

Bulgaria- as shown in the friendly we played against them, they aren't great at all. Sofia may fall under the kip list but from an entirely football stand point they be one to draw

Romania- Great young team, will be a tough tough game but give me a trip to Bucharest over a trip to Israel any day of the week.

Israel- Football wise it would be a great draw no question, would I want to visit Israel no

I always find that Cardiff feels more like Nottingham.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pot A

Pot 2

Pot 4

I always find that Cardiff feels more like Nottingham.
Apart from the castle, I thought it basically felt like any other UK city, never mind Nottingham. 

Hope we don't get them again - apart from the 'Groundhog Day' factor and the derby factor, there's also the likes of Gareth Bale & Aaron Ramsey to contend with, they'd arguably be the toughest team we could get from Pot 1....which means we're bound to get them again! Dead

Preferences:
Pot 1:  Czech Rep
Pot 2:  Finland
Pot 4:  Hungary

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:49am

That’s partially because their main stadium is being renovated - due to reopen in August.
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 1:12pm

Did she finish with you?

If you considered dating after six years then it was no surprise she disappeared with FinnAir.

She did Finnish with me. Dumped me for a woman Ouch. But a few months later I shagged her sister in revenge Thumbs Up
Ask MaGee
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 2:04pm
Russia, Finland and Romania
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 2:49pm

Did she finish with you?

She did Finnish with me. Dumped me for a woman Ouch. But a few months later I shagged her sister in revenge Thumbs Up
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:13pm

They travel round a bit, Tampere, Turku, Helsinki have all been used recently.

Since the 2016 Euro Qualifiers, they've played Helsinki 7 times, Tampere 9 and Turku 6 (though Helsinki only once in the last nine):
https://www.rsssf.com/tablesf/fin-intres.html

EDIT: Just seen the post by VanBosch: "... their [Helsinki] stadium is being renovated - due to reopen in August."

Tampere and Turku are great spots. Helsinki not bad but pricey as fook.

Get a cheap flight to Tallinn and stay there, then get the ferry to/from Helsinki. NI have played Estonia a couple of times recently - Tallinn is a terrific spot and generally cheap with it. When we went in 2011, the drink was for nothing, ditto when I went back for a short break a couple of years later.
But when NI played there last June, the drink (only) had shot up, basically to UK/Irish levels. Shocked
Someone said that the Government had recently hiked the duty to raise revenue, but found it was such a deterrent to tourists and booze-cruisers from Sweden and Finland etc, that they were going to reduce it again?

I think they play the odd friendly in Lahti too.
Not sure about that - certainly not recently. In fact the stadium might not even be UEFA-compliant since they last re-built it?
https://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/fin/lahden_stadion

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jan 2020 at 3:21pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:33pm
Lads please keep in mind, no BS when Terry is around.
He is armed with wiki and google and has lots of time on his hands.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:50pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:51pm
LOL
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:29pm
Will the fixtures come out straight away to look at flights?😏
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Cliftonville7Ireland Cliftonville7Ireland wrote:

Don't bother, depending on who we draw games could be moved around to different venues.

You won't have much hassle with flights LOL
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Cliftonville7Ireland Cliftonville7Ireland wrote:

Don't bother, depending on who we draw games could be moved around to different venues.

You won't have much hassle with flights LOL
LOLLOL
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:58pm
Unless we draw Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic or Hungary I wouldn't be too pushed on booking flights as one way or another you will end up flying into Glasgow/Edinburgh, Bristol/Cardiff, Prague or Budapest anyway.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Unless we draw Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic or Hungary I wouldn't be too pushed on booking flights as one way or another you will end up flying into Glasgow/Edinburgh, Bristol/Cardiff, Prague or Budapest anyway.
πŸ‘
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 126>
  Share Topic