You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 126>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I know little about trains or Bosnian twitter however they do have one advantage over the other 3 teams in the playoffs.  That is two top class players in Pjanic and Dzeko.  

We don't have anyone in that class nor do NI.  Hamsik was in that class but playing in the Chinese league these days.  I appreciate he is younger than Dzeko but not playing against the same quality of opponent every week.  

They probably deserve to be favourites but a new coach does leave them vulnerable.  They might get a bounce but will be under pressure.  NI don't have anyone of that class but do have an excellent manager and a well organsied team that is far better than the sum of the parts.    

Agree......Bosnia should be firm favourites to qualify.

Should they qualify it may make things easier to get tickets for games in the Aviva, although the possibility of Bosnia V Switzerland doesnt fill me with excitement.

And should the North qualify, i think Dublin can forget about a financial bonanza of being a host

Bosnia v Switzerland would hardly sellout Tallaght Stadium.  

At €185 a pop between the corner flags I can safely say it will be very easy to get tickets unless Poland, us or NI end up playing in Dublin.

There will be a financial bonaza assuming England come here for the Rof16.  The likes of France and Portugal would be hugely attractive to neutrals but will bring very few travelling fans.  Sweden would travel in decent numbers but hardly fill the Aviva.   
You'd be surprised, I'm not doubting there'll be tickets for most games available on the day but there'll be healthy attendances at most games. Look at last time out, a dead rubber in a similar sized stadium, Albania V Romania - 49k attendance in a 56k stadium.

Lots of games that look unattractive get big attendances. 

Albania actually had huge support in France.  They easily outnumbered the Swiss 10-1 or more in Lens.  I suspect Lyon was the same and it actually wasn't a dead rubber game due to 4 3rd placed teams qualifying.  

I'm obviously exggerating re Tallaght but there will be loads of empty seats at a Bosnia/Slovakia v Switzerland type game in Dublin.  

Now lots will buy tickets before the playoffs.  It is a gamble as I believe they will be very difficult to source if we qualify.   UEFA will be trying to flog what they can as well.  However watch the sponsor tickets flood back if Slovakia or Bosnia win the playoff.  

Even many of those who bought the €185 tickets are hardly likely to make the journey 3 times from Cork or Donegal on a midweek evening.   

Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:04pm

Albania...     ... easily outnumbered the Swiss 10-1 or more in Lens.
When it comes to Football, Swiss state policy switches from "Neutrality" to "Apathy".

They don't deserve a football team.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:20pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I know little about trains or Bosnian twitter however they do have one advantage over the other 3 teams in the playoffs.  That is two top class players in Pjanic and Dzeko.  

We don't have anyone in that class nor do NI.  Hamsik was in that class but playing in the Chinese league these days.  I appreciate he is younger than Dzeko but not playing against the same quality of opponent every week.  

They probably deserve to be favourites but a new coach does leave them vulnerable.  They might get a bounce but will be under pressure.  NI don't have anyone of that class but do have an excellent manager and a well organsied team that is far better than the sum of the parts.    

Agree......Bosnia should be firm favourites to qualify.

Should they qualify it may make things easier to get tickets for games in the Aviva, although the possibility of Bosnia V Switzerland doesnt fill me with excitement.

And should the North qualify, i think Dublin can forget about a financial bonanza of being a host

Bosnia v Switzerland would hardly sellout Tallaght Stadium.  

At €185 a pop between the corner flags I can safely say it will be very easy to get tickets unless Poland, us or NI end up playing in Dublin.

There will be a financial bonaza assuming England come here for the Rof16.  The likes of France and Portugal would be hugely attractive to neutrals but will bring very few travelling fans.  Sweden would travel in decent numbers but hardly fill the Aviva.   
You'd be surprised, I'm not doubting there'll be tickets for most games available on the day but there'll be healthy attendances at most games. Look at last time out, a dead rubber in a similar sized stadium, Albania V Romania - 49k attendance in a 56k stadium.

Albania actually had huge support in France.  They easily outnumbered the Swiss 10-1 or more in Lens.  I suspect Lyon was the same and it actually wasn't a dead rubber game due to 4 3rd placed teams qualifying.  

I'm obviously exggerating re Tallaght but there will be loads of empty seats at a Bosnia/Slovakia v Switzerland type game in Dublin.  

Now lots will buy tickets before the playoffs.  It is a gamble as I believe they will be very difficult to source if we qualify.   UEFA will be trying to flog what they can as well.  However watch the sponsor tickets flood back if Slovakia or Bosnia win the playoff.  

Even many of those who bought the €185 tickets are hardly likely to make the journey 3 times from Cork or Donegal on a midweek evening.   
It'll be interesting once the draw happens tomorrow tho, there'll be 5 teams being told they would be playing on Friday 16th June in Dublin or whatever (4 in League B playoff plus a qualified nation). Chances are, optimistic fans from all 5 will buy tickets in advance of March (obviously most from Ireland), then 3 will be offloading 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
I cannot imagine Slovakian or Bosnian fans buying tickets for Dublin.  If they qualify they will get approx 7K per game which will be more than enough.  They would surely know there will be plenty of locals looking to offload as well.

I've been offered Italy tickets as I signed up years ago.  Quite a few countries will be returning tickets.

There will be massive demand then for other games. The draw will throw up some games which will be virtually impossible to get and others which will be readily available.  

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
Bringing in a new manager can only be a boost for Bosnia and have them kick it up a gear. Look at the boost our lads got when Mick returned. We played Gibraltar off the pitch and made Georgia look average.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 8:59am

If Bosnia or Slovakia play in Dublin, they will sell it out. They have large communities here, and took their full ticket allocations when they played us in Dublin in the past. Then they have their UK community base which will swell the numbers further. There won't be much interest among our fanbase, so the sponsors, corporates, and event junkies will flog their tickets at the earliest opportunity. 

It's a strange time to sack a manager though. If you reach the playoffs, you would expect to continue until your team go out. 
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

If Bosnia or Slovakia play in Dublin, they will sell it out. They have large communities here, and took their full ticket allocations when they played us in Dublin in the past. Then they have their UK community base which will swell the numbers further. There won't be much interest among our fanbase, so the sponsors, corporates, and event junkies will flog their tickets at the earliest opportunity. 

It's a strange time to sack a manager though. If you reach the playoffs, you would expect to continue until your team go out. 

It kinda makes sense if you were expecting to qualify directly and the play-offs are seen as failure.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:20pm
The Bosnians reporting that a fella called Dusan Bajevic has been offered the job. 

Spent most of his managerial career in Greece, where he won 8 championships, 4 Greek Cups, a Greek league cup and a Greek Super cup across 15 years and 3 different teams. Very impressive, but the last of those titles was won in 2005 and he appears to have been out of work since 2012. 

Just to draw further parallels, probably not unlike us appointing Trap, they have gone for a vastly experienced oul fella who has won plenty in the past. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:43pm
it’s the Euros. Tickets will sell out and there won’t be an empty stadium. Dublin isn’t that hard to get to. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:02am
I see there's a proposal for the  losers of the playoff semis to play a friendly on the same date as the final Confused

If we had qualified would've had a away friendly against Holland and home friendly against Ukraine. FAI looking to see if they can arrange those for the pre tournament friendlies regardless if we qualify

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Dec 2019 at 11:02am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:20pm
FFS

The Nations league concept is great overall but they have made it so complicated tying it into the qualifying for the Euro’s.

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 2:04pm
no home games 6 weeks before first game in Lansdowne.

Edited by Missy - 02 Dec 2019 at 2:04pm
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I see there's a proposal for the  losers of the playoff semis to play a friendly on the same date as the final Confused

If we had qualified would've had a away friendly against Holland and home friendly against Ukraine. FAI looking to see if they can arrange those for the pre tournament friendlies regardless if we qualify

Might as well, there's a good few with travel arrangements made to get to Sarajevo or back to the island of Ireland.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

FFS

The Nations league concept is great overall but they have made it so complicated tying it into the qualifying for the Euro’s.

its not that complicated, its just something we aren't used to. It's fine
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

FFS

its not that complicated, its just something we aren't used to. It's fine
LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:21pm
LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:39pm

So there's a prospect of a ''friendly'' in Belfast, played by 2 reserve teams under 2 managers who have already effectively left their jobs, in front of fcuk all fans. 

In a perverse way, it would probably be the most appropriate ending for all of JD's FAI, our 3 years worth of sh*te negative football and our involvement in this logistical farce of a tournament. 

Safe to say that this fixture, should it ever happen, is probably the single most unappealing game that we will ever see in our lifetimes. And I'm including future Oman games in that. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Wodawick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wodawick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

So there's a prospect of a ''friendly'' in Belfast, played by 2 reserve teams under 2 managers who have already effectively left their jobs, in front of fcuk all fans. 

In a perverse way, it would probably be the most appropriate ending for all of JD's FAI, our 3 years worth of sh*te negative football and our involvement in this logistical farce of a tournament. 

Safe to say that this fixture, should it ever happen, is probably the single most unappealing game that we will ever see in our lifetimes. And I'm including future Oman games in that. 

Or you could look on the bright side, and see it as an away friendly that's easy to get to, won't be over-subscribed. A great way to get new fans on board, and onto the points ladder for future away tickets!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 126>
  Share Topic