You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 126>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Christ it get worse as the days go by. We have to beat the Swiss.

Or the Danes 
Limerick your a Lady!
Sponsored Links

daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:24pm

bit like our midfield 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

If Wales win their last two matches, and Slovakia lose to Croatia, Wales will qualify.

Really would love to avoid playing them away in a playoff.

If Hungary qualify with Croatia that could leave Bosnia, Wales, Slovakia and ourselves in League B play off, yeah? Meaning Nordies could potentially be in League A route with Iceland and two League C teams? 

i must admit im not completely au fait with these rules regarding formation of the different paths and merging of the leagues.

The seedings do show
12. Iceland
13. Bosnia
19. Wales
21. Slovakia
23. ROI
24. NI

If what youre saying is correct about the league C teams being chucked into League A playoffs (and this rings a bell) then well spotted, we are actually not likely to play Wales.
It would be Bosnia away.... and then Wales. Maybe.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:31pm
Are the semi finals only one leg?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

If Wales win last 2 and Slovakia draw with Croatia and win their last game, who's goes through?

Its tricky given all three would be on 14 points, but Croatia would go through on head to head I think.

Edited by rolo - 13 Oct 2019 at 10:37pm
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:57pm

If Wales win their last two matches, and Slovakia lose to Croatia, Wales will qualify.

If Hungary qualify with Croatia that could leave Bosnia, Wales, Slovakia and ourselves in League B play off, yeah? Meaning Nordies could potentially be in League A route with Iceland and two League C teams? 

i must admit im not completely au fait with these rules regarding formation of the different paths and merging of the leagues.

The seedings do show
12. Iceland
13. Bosnia
19. Wales
21. Slovakia
23. ROI
24. NI

If what youre saying is correct about the league C teams being chucked into League A playoffs (and this rings a bell) then well spotted, we are actually not likely to play Wales.

Believe there would be some sort of draw to see what league B teams move up to League A. I think based on posts here. 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

The seedings do show
12. Iceland
13. Bosnia
19. Wales
21. Slovakia
23. ROI
24. NI

Believe there would be some sort of draw to see what league B teams move up to League A. I think based on posts here. 

Not according to UEFA website.

League B would be left alone as it would be filled.

Teams from League C will fill League A, and they may need a draw

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by MarkDev MarkDev wrote:

Or the Danes 

I think Tuesday poses our best best if I am being honest with myself. It's technically a free shot. The swiss will be expected to thump us. 

We need to get to HT at 0-0, their fans will grow increasingly frustrated as they know a poxy Ireland goal eliminates them from the tournament - imagine the scenes 

Us needing to beat the Danes just doesn't appeal to me, we are sh*te under pressure and with any sort of expectancy, 

In theory - this might mean Mick actually has some sort of go, sure if we lose we have 90 mins in Dublin to do it.

I can't see us doing it in Dublin
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 12:28am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A point in Switzerland on Tuesday, then beat an already qualified Denmark at home. That's our best (only?) hope. 

Think the Danes might let us win in the hope they get us in the finals.

Lads why would Denmark let us win. That would mean they would finish 2nd in the group. You do realise that finishing top of the group means you will be in pot 1 or 2 for the draw for Euro 2020.  If you finish 2nd you'll likely end up in pot 3 or 4 which inevitably means you'll get a harder draw. No way will the Danes roll over against us.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:17am

If Wales win last 2 and Slovakia draw with Croatia and win their last game, who's goes through?

Its tricky given all three would be on 14 points, but Croatia would go through on head to head I think.

but would wales or Slovakia join them?

if Croatia draw they'd go to 15 points

Wales have the beating of Slovakia on h2h

Edited by Jimmy Raggatip - 14 Oct 2019 at 1:18am
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

but would wales or Slovakia join them?

if Croatia draw they'd go to 15 points

Wales have the beating of Slovakia on h2h

indeed you are right. 

So basically, we could play bosnia, wales or slovakia away.

Bosnia looking by far the more likely.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:23am
What happens to Denmark or Switzerland if they finish third? 

Do they go into the same play off games as we face?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What happens to Denmark or Switzerland if they finish third? 

Do they go into the same play off games as we face?
Denmark yes, Switzerland no (they would go to the A playoffs with Iceland and probably two pretty weak league C teams).
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:09pm
Will there be extra time in the play off semi finals or straight to penos?
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:42pm
Good god Portugal could be in the playoffs 

Imagine if we have to face them 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Portugal's last two games are against Lithuania and Luxembourg, they'll qualify automatically. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Portugal's last two games are against Lithuania and Luxembourg, they'll qualify automatically. 
Please God, they don't f**k them up like France did towards the end of the world cup '94 qualifiers though. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:53am
Highly unlikely that we would face Portugal.

We can get a home playoff if Bosnia can catch Finland (2 points behind with 3 games to go(Bosnia have a tougher run in)) and either one of Wales or Slovakia can catch Hungary ( Slovakia 2 points behind / Wales 4 points behind, both with a game in hand ((Wales are away to Azerbaijan and home to Hungary, if they win both they catch Hungary))) then the ranking in League B will be:

1. Slovakia/Wales (whichever team doesn't catch Hungary)
2. Ireland
3. Northern Ireland
4. A draw to move one of Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary or Romania up to the B League playoff. (Whoever isn't drawn out will join Iceland in the A League playoff)

Would give us a home semi final v Northern Ireland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 126>
  Share Topic