You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 126>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:51pm
I think all three were factors to be honest.

If they had been different teams, we would have had more fans.
If they had been the same teams but in qualifiers, we would have had more fans (we had more fans in Copenhagen in June than we had in Aarhus in November, for instance),
If it had been under a new manager rather than O'Neill, we would have had more fans.

It is hard to say which was the biggest factor in that but, at a guess, I'd say it was the fact it was the same teams was the biggest issue, the fact the games were likely to be poor was the next biggest issue (caused by the management), as part of a general disillusionment with the style of play, with the final factor being related in that the Nations League itself is not the same as qualifiers proper.

I am going to Tbilisi again (for the third time) and I did do both trips to Wales and all three to Denmark but I wouldn't be particularly delighted to see us playing Wales again (and there is a 25% chance of that, remember).

I'd like the Czech Republic, Finland and then anyone but Israel in the last group. That's not because of any anti-Israeli sentiment or anything, it's just that Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary are cheaper and easier to get to. I'd like some manner of double header too: the Czech Republic and any of those three would be manageable.
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:00pm
Looks like Bosnia will be in the playoffs unless Finland stumble and Bosnia beats Italy.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:09pm

All of the above, bar Bosnia, looking good to qualify, does that make it more likely we’ll have a home semi-final??
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

All of the above, bar Bosnia, looking good to qualify, does that make it more likely we’ll have a home semi-final??

Wales still in trouble right? Looks like we’ll still be away unless 5+ League B teams don’t qualify and it gets merged with Iceland and League A. 
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:41am
Most likely playoff pairing at the moment looks like:

Wales v Ireland
Bosnia v Northern Ireland

Yet another trip to Cardiff...
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Wales v Ireland

Winner of these games will be the playoff final?
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Wales v Ireland

Winner of these games will be the playoff final?
Yep, and a draw to determine who hosts the final.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:57am
thought the higher ranked teams gets the home draw in final?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

thought the higher ranked teams gets the home draw in final?

nope, they do a draw
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 3:53pm
rooting for the welsh today
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 4:05pm
Wouldn't fancy a trip to Belfast to be honest.
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Wouldn't fancy a trip to Belfast to be honest.

Sure why not. Two home legs. Clap

Only problem being other international teams complaining of the unfairness of it all.
Pure Hat!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 7:56pm
welp. Looks like we’re playing Wales. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

welp. Looks like we’re playing Wales. 

There's a reason why they're 2nd last in group. Some cracking players but it's not happening for Giggs. If anything that should give us hope. 
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:12pm
scotland are lucky in path C.. looks like it might be easier to be relegated to qualify in future..
Path d is actually tougher than path c though.. I hope georgia qualify, they deserve it.  But then again teams like Kosovo have come on in such a short time.
We will play Wales and n.ireland.. I would be more comfortable with us beating denmark at home.. but let's just wait till after Tuesday. Maybe the playoffs will mean nothing after then
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:24pm

Wales v Ireland

Would that be a confirmed line up (if these 4 teams fall into place) or would a draw take place. I.e., we could play the Bosnia in the semi final??
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Wales v Ireland

Would that be a confirmed line up (if these 4 teams fall into place) or would a draw take place. I.e., we could play the Bosnia in the semi final??

No draw. Based on finishing positons in Nations League. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Wales v Ireland

No draw. Based on finishing positons in Nations League. 

Potential away wins against Wales and then Bosnia is a big ask on current form. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 126>
  Share Topic