Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 48>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 8:03pm
Decent enough squad.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 8:58pm
Yes, good squad  Clap A lot of lads with plenty of Championship or SPL experience there.   Most experienced U21 squad we've had for a while.  

Only omission you might question would be the boy Ronan Hale, who seems to have great potential.  However he's not yet made his league debut for Birmingham, so fair enough.  
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 10:26pm
Thought Trevor Clarke would be included
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:04am
Any reason why Conor Shaughnessy isn't involved?
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:05pm
Very long trip. Interesting to see how many pick up an injury playing for their club before hand
alive and kicking
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Any reason why Conor Shaughnessy isn't involved?

Noel King is an absolute clown
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:25pm
I wish all these young lads luck and hope they have great careers for their sake and hopefully Ireland's but they day I actually care about the U21's is the take Noel King is unemployed. Absolute clown.
Hi Lads
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:45pm
Its nice how they pick a couple of token irishmen to fill out these squads Clap
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:08am
Five Irish born in the whole squad. Pathetic
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:18am
The usual with Kings squads. Picks below average English born instead of Irish born lads . Bizzare to say the least.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:34am
If we lose can King then be given his marching orders? The results are actually getting worse which is the scary thing as we have had some stinkers the last few years.
Hi Lads
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:41am
I thought i had just wandered into Fossett's circus here by mistake, the amount of fckin clowns holy jaysus
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 12:08pm
Meanwhile on another thread the lads and bitching and moaning because a certain English born player is not included in the squad

It will be interesting to see how Rice plays....

Edited by horsebox - 27 Aug 2017 at 12:52pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

If we lose can King then be given his marching orders? The results are actually getting worse which is the scary thing as we have had some stinkers the last few years.
The thing is though the FAI really don't seem to be remotely bothered by the results and development of players, as any other country in the competition is.
The under-21 set up is a mechanism for tying as many english youngsters in to the irish system for as long as possible as an insurance in case they turn out to be any good. That is Noel King's sole remit as under-21 manager and in that respect this employers will perceive that he is doing a swell job.
That is the mentality of the federation that runs our national football set up unfortunately and there are all to many Ireland  fans who buy in to that mentality all too readily.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

The thing is though the FAI really don't seem to be remotely bothered by the results and development of players, as any other country in the competition is.
The under-21 set up is a mechanism for tying as many english youngsters in to the irish system for as long as possible as an insurance in case they turn out to be any good. That is Noel King's sole remit as under-21 manager and in that respect this employers will perceive that he is doing a swell job.
That is the mentality of the federation that runs our national football set up unfortunately and there are all to many Ireland  fans who buy in to that mentality all too readily.

How do you know this is the FAI remit.

What Irish players should have been chosen against the English based players?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I don't know what King's remit is but Conor Dimaio cannot get a start for Chesterfield. Same for Kinsella at Walsall. Trevor Clarke is a talent and was superb for our u-19s last year.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If you look at our under-21 squads from the last several years it is usually three quarters english players and mainly from under-23 squads and players in lower division squads who rarely amount to anything.
Put this together with the FAI's satisfaction with the mediocrity of our performances and results over as long as you can remember (thinking nicking a win against Andorra is a great triumph) and the persistence with Noel King in charge, and the fact that Noel King is also in charge of British player recruitment and is judged and incentivised by how many english youngsters he can get capped in ROI squads.
Then think of the meticulous dedication to unearthing grandparental connections of kids at english academies and contrast this with the pitiful neglect of player and club development on these shores and its clear they are putting all their eggs in the granny rule basket.
Other associations look to improve the quality of their national team by investing effort, time and resources in to developing youth football within their jurisdiction. Belgium is a great example of a country that has turned around their fortunes by doing just this.
The FAI on the other hand think it is easier to just tap up as many players as they can get hold of from a neighbour who has this structure in place.
This is ethically dubious, lazy and parasitic and it is also unfair on the irish born kids who get neglected as a result and denied the opportunity to represent their country in favour of players from abroad who couldn't get in their own national age group squad. 
Also if a bunch of mediocre english players who can't get anywhere near qualifying for the under-21 finals ever are so much better than the best Ireland can produce then there's something seriously wrong with the development of young players in this country. That isn't going to change until the mindset of Irish football and its governors changes.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 5:03pm
Lol!

https://twitter.com/dimaio31/status/902193163858796544 - https://twitter.com/dimaio31/status/902193163858796544
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 48>
  Share Topic