You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 48>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What is Tom Mohans background? He seems to be doing good work so fair balls to him. 

Tom Mohan is a former Finn Harps midfielder and Head Coach of Ireland’s Under 19 team.

A native of Aughadrumsee, Co.Fermanagh, he played seven seasons with Harps having moved to the Ballybofey side in 1998. Having completed his Level 1 coaching badge and UEFA ‘B’ Licence during his playing days, Mohan advanced on to do his UEFA ‘A’ Licence. A development officer with the Football Association of Ireland, based in Cavan, Mohan was involved with underage Irish set-ups under the management of Sean McCaffrey, Joe Boyle and John Morling before being appointed Under 17 manager in September 2012.

Tom undertook his UEFA Pro Licence with the FAI in 2014.

Seems to make sense to bring the same crop of players through the age groups - obvious risk is the coach might become blinkered by the players he knows longer and players are only exposed to the one (international) underage coach.
I wonder what the general approach is elsewhere.
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 2:03pm
Our strongest group of 17s and 19s in many years, it only makes sense to give Tom Mohan the job. 

Seeing as it’s the FAI though, I expect someone completely random like Robbie Keane. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 3:17pm
Another one of these ridiculous articles from pundit arena. "15 candidates for the u21s job". Some silly names in there like Jim McGuinness ffs. 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Another one of these ridiculous articles from pundit arena. "15 candidates for the u21s job". Some silly names in there like Jim McGuinness ffs. 

f**king hell LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 3:20pm
LOL

Steve Heighway- The 70-year-old former winger seems to build strong relationships with young players. Is technically retired

Edited by lassassinblanc - 26 Oct 2018 at 3:22pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 4:22pm
That is truly appalling, if he keeps writing like that he will get a job at the Independent!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:22pm
Menezes is a truly awful "journalist", god knows why they let him write so many pieces.
We're decent enough..
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:24pm
I'd have Jim McGuinness over Jeff Kenna anyway!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:27pm
if mohan doesn't fancy it ,love to see pat fenlon get it with Robbie Keane as his assistant.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:53pm
Jim Mcguinness is looking for a managers job I professional football and has done all his badges. I wouldn’t be surprised 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Menezes is a truly awful "journalist", god knows why they let him write so many pieces.

Sean McDermott ex Reading manager Dead
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:19pm
Pundit Area is a dead loss. Stopped following them on Facebook.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:22pm
McGuinness would be such a JD appointment a la Stan. I could actually see him doing it

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Oct 2018 at 7:22pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 9:51pm
You lost me at "punditarena"

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I sincerely hope he doesn't get paid for his 'articles'. I don't want to praise with faint damnation here, but there are many there on this forum who could do a better job. I remember him doing a post-match analysis recently where he was on about Coleman playing as a centre-half in a back three when we had very obviously been playing with a back four the entire night.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 26 Oct 2018 at 11:12pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 12:44am
if it's punditarena, there's a reasonable chance he wasn't paid at all.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 1:55pm
Why does Noel King still have a job? I thought he's gone?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 4:59pm
Announcement due next week on Noel King's future as Ireland U21 boss  There is speculation that the 62-year-old coach could leave his role, with Robbie Keane spoken of as a potential replacement:

https://www.the42.ie/announcement-due-next-week-on-noel-kings-future-as-ireland-u21-4318874-Nov2018/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 48>
  Share Topic