You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 48>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

No it's not. I can recall games where there was no political dignitaries introduced

I know. I'm just guessing as to why

I know nothing :-)
Sponsored Links

willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 1:18pm
[/QUOTE]

Imagine the excitement for those young Azerbaijanis getting to shake hands with a member of the SDCC top brass. They may have lost in the most heartbreaking of ways to do so but I'm sure the day will have a fond place in their hearts forevermore nonetheless. 
[/QUOTE]
LOLClap
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

I feel underage games should be played around the country to help get the feel good factor up for our side.  I know they played them in Waterford in the RSC for ages.  Personally I think Tallaght is an awful place to play these games for many reasons.  There were many around the country who simply couldn't go last night, myself included so TV would have been great.  I remember seeing us draw an U-21 game in Oriel against England in around 1991 with over 5,000 in attendance. 

Likewise there were always healthy crowds in Cork for underage games, would imagine Limerick and Galway would be the same. Tallaght is the worst place to play these games. 

Yeah i agree but not sure why you consider Tallaght Stadium to be such a bad place to host these games ?....simple solution would be to take U21/U19/U17 along with same Womens teams plus of course Senior WNT and allocate each team a venue for an entire campaign...1 Dublin venue the rest around the country...i remember when Kildare County were on the go we had a few underage internationals played at Station Rd Newbridge and there was great interest with loads of kids and parents turning up....also with teams nowdays in situ for three/four days prior to games open training sessions are great for kids/parents/anyone to attend.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by nordlingen nordlingen wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

I feel underage games should be played around the country to help get the feel good factor up for our side.  I know they played them in Waterford in the RSC for ages.  Personally I think Tallaght is an awful place to play these games for many reasons.  There were many around the country who simply couldn't go last night, myself included so TV would have been great.  I remember seeing us draw an U-21 game in Oriel against England in around 1991 with over 5,000 in attendance. 

Likewise there were always healthy crowds in Cork for underage games, would imagine Limerick and Galway would be the same. Tallaght is the worst place to play these games. 

Yeah i agree but not sure why you consider Tallaght Stadium to be such a bad place to host these games ?....simple solution would be to take U21/U19/U17 along with same Womens teams plus of course Senior WNT and allocate each team a venue for an entire campaign...1 Dublin venue the rest around the country...i remember when Kildare County were on the go we had a few underage internationals played at Station Rd Newbridge and there was great interest with loads of kids and parents turning up....also with teams nowdays in situ for three/four days prior to games open training sessions are great for kids/parents/anyone to attend.

I just think it's the mix of it still being in Dublin so theres no novelty while not actually being in the city so it's not that easy for a lot of people to get to. It get's neither the casual walk ups you would think hosting in Dublin would get or the local hype that hosting it in a regional town would get. If it must be in Dublin I would hope they put it in town. I guess they probably will when the DCC eventually do up Dayler. 

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 4:42pm
Tallaght stadium isn't hard to get to. The Luas is a five minute walk away and there's plenty of busses that serve the area. There just isn't any interest in the team.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:44pm
Brian Kerr doing co-commentary for the Derry Pats game and said he left during injury time so missed the goal, sounded disgusted with himself LOL

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Brian Kerr doing co-commentary for the Derry Pats game and said he left during injury time so missed the goal, sounded disgusted with himself LOL

Yeah I actually saw him leaving. Thought it was a bit early alright
El Puto Amo
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:47pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Yeah I actually saw him leaving. Thought it was a bit early alright

Ironic, as I was typing that, I missed the Derry goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 1:40pm
Was running for the luas myself and saw Liam Buckley outside. So a good few missed the late late winner.
alive and kicking
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 12:44pm
Big games against Kosovo and Germany coming up on September 7th and and 11th.

Anyone know when the squad will be announced?

For the first time in a while, a good few of our 21s are either playing a decent amount of football in the Championship / League 1 / 2, and a good few are involved with their respective first team squads. 

O’Hara appears to be number one at Macclesfield, while Manning, Rice and Curtis will have hopefully played a decent amount of football before the games. 

Cullen will likely have secured a loan move and some more first team football by then. 

I can see a big crowd at Tallaght for the German game if we can beat Kosovo away first. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 1:04pm
Are Manning, Curtis, and Cullen still eligible? I know they all turned 22 recently.

Jimmy Dunne looks very promising at this age group. Will also be interesting to see if any of the u17 or u19 strikers make the step up. Most are already playing at u23 level for their clubs, and we aren’t exactly blessed with attacking options at u21 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Are Manning, Curtis, and Cullen still eligible? I know they all turned 22 recently.

Jimmy Dunne looks very promising at this age group. Will also be interesting to see if any of the u17 or u19 strikers make the step up. Most are already playing at u23 level for their clubs, and we aren’t exactly blessed with attacking options at u21 

Yeah goes by their age at the competition start date, so as long as they were u21 in early 2017.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 11:40pm
wonder will the new stand be ready. Might need it as it should be a near sell out.
alive and kicking
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 10:37am
Anyone know when the squad will be named for this? 

Wonder if Dylan Watts will be in with a shout of inclusion. 
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 11:11am
should be named in the next day or so as they have away game in Kosovo  next week.
alive and kicking
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:11pm
Lads anyone know ko time....FAI website still on TBA...have seen 6.00 and 6.30 elsewhere.... ????
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 2:12am
5 days until the game and still no squad.

Qualifiers are going well for this group. It’s probably not a coincidence that this is the first campaign that Mark Kinsella has been involved in. Looks like he’s permanent member of the coaching set up now, and probably doing a lot of the work that Noel King should have been doing for the last 8 years 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 48>
  Share Topic