You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45464748>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

“When we led 2-0 at half-time, we spoke about winning by five goals,” said Kenny afterwards. 

brilliant stuff from KennyClap

Clap
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:19pm
Finally, the penny is dropping. The great secret of loi coaches wanting to play possession football, these young lads being given the nod to go out and express. Kenny WILL be a fans favourite at senior level and the old argument of “will the players accept him?” because of his loi background? Yes they will because I guarantee he will only be picking what is his u21 squad now the hoofers won’t get near. New days comin.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:24pm

Great to get the win but I will reserve judgement until after the Sweden and Italy matches.
The only way is up
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:31am
Fantastic attendance of just under 5k, similar to the top attendances in LoI. I know it was only Luxembourg, but given the style of play, you would hope that attendances for the underage games will grow.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:06am
On a slightly different note, was a bit but off none of the lads sang the anthem, albeit it was a piss poor rendition and nobody in the crowd sang it either.

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

On a slightly different note, was a bit but off none of the lads sang the anthem, albeit it was a piss poor rendition and nobody in the crowd sang it either.

Looking at the Eir sport clip on Twitter, 4 of them sang. It is embarrassing though, every player should be made learn it ffs
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Looking at the Eir sport clip on Twitter, 4 of them sang. It is embarrassing though, every player should be made learn it ffs

That's better than none I suppose but still not great.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:22am
Declan Rice sang the anthem. I don't give a toss as long as they do it on the pitch. 

Sure none of the Spain players sang their anthem on Saturday night, not even one of them.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Declan Rice sang the anthem. I don't give a toss as long as they do it on the pitch. 

Sure none of the Spain players sang their anthem on Saturday night, not even one of them.

The Spanish anthem doesn’t have words I don’t think. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Whoosh

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 25 Mar 2019 at 10:31am
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:46am

Don't tell Eamon Dunphy that
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:09am

I was in the east stand, plenty around me singing it
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:11am

They should have hummed it then Smile
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:12am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

I was in the east stand, plenty around me singing it

We were behind the Irish dug out and nobody singing it around us, never seen it as bad.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:16am
I am sure it is something Kenny will be working on in training...
Currychips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Currychips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:58am
i have to say that Kenny doesn't come across all that well whenever i hear him discussing the game. This isn't being critical of his couching or man management but I just feel he is like a dear stuck in the headlights whenever I see him being interviewed. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 12:09pm
They shouldn’t be allowed near the shirt unless they can recite the spoken word intro to James Connolly (Wolfe Tones version)
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 5:44pm
apologize if already mentioned but what is the story with Michael O'Connor? read that he had declared for north a few months back but saw he came on late, I know Kenny worked with him at dundalk. seems like he isn't exactly banging them in at linfield but still a young player I guess
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45464748>
  Share Topic