You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 48>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:41pm
https://youtu.be/jp8TXKENGrI

Kenny press conference

Edited by johnvonp - 13 Mar 2019 at 4:41pm
Sponsored Links

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

https://youtu.be/jp8TXKENGrI

Kenny press conference

Nolan is on standby.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Are we to take it that Nolan will be with the 19s?
I think it is a disgrace that a player I have never seen play isn't in the squad. 

Ryan Nolan is the Captain of Inter Reserves, Barry Cotter is in and out of the Ipswich reserves team. Cotter got in and Nolan didn't, people are allowed to ask questions. FWIW I have seen him play

Wonder how much of a recommendation for Cotter came from McCarthy. He signed him and had him in the Ipswich team towards the end of last year.

As for a team, maybe something along the lines of the below. I'm just going on Kenny's time at Dundalk where he was fond of out and out wingers and one up front.

Kelleher
   Cotter Masterson O'Connor Clarke
                Mollumby Coventry
           Power Ronan Farrugia
                       Idah

A lot will depend on how much stock Kenny places in first team football as opposed to reserve games.

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:17pm
is Idah a better option than Parrott at present ? Haven’t heard much of Idah recently so I don’t know. I would have thought Connolly is further along in his development going by his goalscoring in pl2
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

is Idah a better option than Parrott at present ? Haven’t heard much of Idah recently so I don’t know. I would have thought Connolly is further along in his development going by his goalscoring in pl2

He scored another 2 for norwich u23 last week after this was published
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:45pm
Also, no mention of Luca Connell? I wonder will he be in the 19s squad
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:49pm
FAI saying there are 8 LOI players in the squad on FB, there’s 7 plus 1 Linfield LOL
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:54pm

FAI saying there are 8 LOI players in the squad on FB, there’s 7 plus 1 Linfield LOL

There is eight including Aaron Drinnan.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

He scored another 2 for norwich u23 last week after this was published

They are however down the bottom of division 2 in the pl2. Brighton who Connolly was banging them in for are at the top end of division 1. Granted I don’t know if there’s much of a difference in standard between the 2
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 6:28pm
Thought Keena with Hearts would have made it doing okay in championship and recalled in January 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

I think it is a disgrace that a player I have never seen play isn't in the squad. 

Ryan Nolan is the Captain of Inter Reserves, Barry Cotter is in and out of the Ipswich reserves team. Cotter got in and Nolan didn't, people are allowed to ask questions. FWIW I have seen him play

Wonder how much of a recommendation for Cotter came from McCarthy. He signed him and had him in the Ipswich team towards the end of last year.

As for a team, maybe something along the lines of the below. I'm just going on Kenny's time at Dundalk where he was fond of out and out wingers and one up front.

Kelleher
   Cotter Masterson O'Connor Clarke
                Mollumby Coventry
           Power Ronan Farrugia
                       Idah

A lot will depend on how much stock Kenny places in first team football as opposed to reserve games.

Mick absolutely loved Cotter after signing him, I’m sure Cotter in the squad was probably Mick’s doing 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:55pm

The problem is, people are asking questions based on nothing more than he plays for Inter Milan's youths/reserves/whatever and not every player they have signed is destined to be a superstar or even any good. 
If there are people following his matches for their youths/reserves/whatever and think he is better than a lad who got called up  playing for another youths/reserves/whatever side that they are also watching, fair enough. For all I know (and pretty much everybody else on here is  the same), Barry Cotter is light years ahead of Ryan Nolan. 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm

I haven't seen much of Parrot, but from what I've seen of Idah he looks top class.  He's got a big frame, pace and a great technique.  Keep his feet on the ground and if he works hard and gets luck with avoiding injury I think he had a great chance to make it. 

Very exciting the amount of strikers we have in the pipeline. I know it is a big jump to senior team and a lot won't make it but because of the number of them you would have to be hopeful of at least 2 of them making it at championship level or even getting 1 good premier league striker out of this crop.
It's not me it's you:-)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:49pm
Useful squad, a few that can consider themselves unfortunate to be left out but sure that's always the way. Connell is probably the most notable one given his recent form.
We're decent enough..
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

One of Cassidy's relations on Twitter saying that he hasn't been called up to the 19s either.
his father seems to be a bit of a clown
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 1:59am
Nolan gave an interview saying he's 100% Irish and Ireland was the only choice, not in so many words of course. But that's what he said. I can understand him, he's on the fringe of the inter 1st team, been in 1 (or 2?) First team squads. I've looked through their bench in games where he was in with a shout and there was always a 2/3 young lads who come and go on the bench. Thing is chat with an Italian about football, they see it completely different from everyone. My best mate is Italian and he says the main objective is not to concede. I think (my assumption) is he can't learn defending better than where he is, he an inter know that. He's working with the best coaches during the this brake. And he's already getting experience with the reserves. But I would be surprised if he didn't turn up for the bigger games when they come
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:29pm
LOL
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:34pm
Does anybody know who is on the standby list? I heard Ryan Nolan, but that’s all I heard.

Hoping Will Smallbone is still involved somewhere 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 48>
  Share Topic