Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 48>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:44pm
We only lost to Germany 2-0 this time as they rested most their first choice players. They were still swarming all over us the entire game though. As for the under-19's not graduating to his squad that is because he holds them back so he can clog the squad up with lower division englishmen who will never likely have a career above league 1.
We'd have finished fifth without Rice, no shadow of a doubt.
Sponsored Links

David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:47pm
Rumours on twitter that Noel King got the sack/stepped away from the 21s role
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

Long long overdue. His record since he was appointed in 2010 was just not good enough.
The only way is up
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:50pm
If that’s true, you can have the honor of posting the news in the “things to be positive about” thread 
El Puto Amo
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

Praise Jesus 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:52pm
He has his eye on the senior team job. 
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Senior team job of San Marino hopefully
The only way is up
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:56pm
Nothing confirmed yet just saw it on two pages. If you search 'Noel King' you'll see it. Could easily be a piss take but I hope to God it's true
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:16pm
I refuse to believe this, I’m not prepared to have my heart broken
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:38pm
Pinch of salt. Only seeing it on some random LOI twitter page 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 7:42am
Pinch of salt indeed. 

Only last week did I read in the examiner the FAI were planning on extending his stay with u21's. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 25 Oct 2018 at 7:43am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 6:25pm
Any update on whether he's gone? 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 10:56pm
No update, but if anyone needs to be convinced that he should go, imagine our current crop of U17s and U19s encountering this attitude:

There’s a massive difference between underage football and our level, where they’re men,” King warned. “It has a separate aura altogether. Maybe some players will come into the U21s for the next campaign or maybe they won’t. It is difficult to say right now.”

“We seem to think like the English in that we expect too much. I’ve been saying that for years. “If we feel England exaggerate the demands of their teams, well then we are reared in the same way. Only we’ve a much smaller group of players

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/noel-king-fans-expectations-are-too-great-like-england-876537.html.

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:40am
Good stuff Kinger, forget those technically gifted softies; what we need is more lower league bruisers. It's "mens" football after all...
We're decent enough..
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:45am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:52am
Would be great if Carsley could be tempted to take the job.
I'd have no issue with Mohan either given the job he has done with the underage groups. 
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:25am
Great news if it happens, only issue is I believe this spoofer is employed by the FAI so will still be hanging around. I had many a argument with this guy and he is a bully.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 48>
  Share Topic