FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 48>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Declan Rice sang the anthem. I don't give a toss as long as they do it on the pitch. 

Sure none of the Spain players sang their anthem on Saturday night, not even one of them.

The Spanish anthem doesn’t have words I don’t think. 
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:22am
Declan Rice sang the anthem. I don't give a toss as long as they do it on the pitch. 

Sure none of the Spain players sang their anthem on Saturday night, not even one of them.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

On a slightly different note, was a bit but off none of the lads sang the anthem, albeit it was a piss poor rendition and nobody in the crowd sang it either.

Looking at the Eir sport clip on Twitter, 4 of them sang. It is embarrassing though, every player should be made learn it ffs

That's better than none I suppose but still not great.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

On a slightly different note, was a bit but off none of the lads sang the anthem, albeit it was a piss poor rendition and nobody in the crowd sang it either.

Looking at the Eir sport clip on Twitter, 4 of them sang. It is embarrassing though, every player should be made learn it ffs
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:06am

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:31am
Fantastic attendance of just under 5k, similar to the top attendances in LoI. I know it was only Luxembourg, but given the style of play, you would hope that attendances for the underage games will grow.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:24pm

Great to get the win but I will reserve judgement until after the Sweden and Italy matches.
The only way is up
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:19pm
Finally, the penny is dropping. The great secret of loi coaches wanting to play possession football, these young lads being given the nod to go out and express. Kenny WILL be a fans favourite at senior level and the old argument of “will the players accept him?” because of his loi background? Yes they will because I guarantee he will only be picking what is his u21 squad now the hoofers won’t get near. New days comin.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

“When we led 2-0 at half-time, we spoke about winning by five goals,” said Kenny afterwards. 

brilliant stuff from KennyClap

Clap
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:28pm

“When we led 2-0 at half-time, we spoke about winning by five goals,” said Kenny afterwards. 

brilliant stuff from KennyClap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is Idah anywhere near a starting spot at Norwich

Idahno
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:23pm
If there’s a video of the game around anywhere I’d love the link. If I catch one, I’ll post it up here also
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Just back from the match, as someone said already that was a breath of fresh air after last night's debacle. Connor Ronan was fantastic, deserved his MOTM award. Molumby very good as well I thought, deserved a goal for his effort off the bar catching the keeper off his line.

Last time I watched the 21s was that Azerbaijan game (which Rice played in), and this was light-years ahead of that performance.

Sums up my thoughts exactly and was going to post similar til I saw this, much better than that team was and that performance was, nearly every one of those players tonight you'd think could make it the whole way. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:43pm
Is Idah anywhere near a starting spot at Norwich
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:37pm
Just back from the match, as someone said already that was a breath of fresh air after last night's debacle. Connor Ronan was fantastic, deserved his MOTM award. Molumby very good as well I thought, deserved a goal for his effort off the bar catching the keeper off his line.

Last time I watched the 21s was that Azerbaijan game (which Rice played in), and this was light-years ahead of that performance.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:31pm
As good as we looked today just remember there isnt as much pressure with the underage sides. One or two dodgy results even if we were playing like brazil when hes in charge of the senior side and the knives will be out for him. Lets not forget that. 
galwayman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:28pm
obviously this was against Luxembourg so you have to take the quality of opposition into account but saying that - this is the type of football that we just have to get all of our teams playing up to and including our senior team.
Nobody wants to watch long ball rubbish.
Professional footballers should not be playing that way anyway - they are professional footballers for a reason - I.e they have the ability to play the game to a high level in terms of skill etc.
I really hope this is the way forward for Irish football 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:26pm
Molumby looked very good too. Natural leader I think. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 48>
  Share Topic