You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 53>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 4:47pm
The real CR7 Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

legend. F**k the begrudgers. 
Begrudgers? Explain that one, people are envious of him not having the vaccine? 

LOL
Fair play to him for scoring 2 goals but it doesn't mean some sort of redemption for being an idiot.  Anyone not getting the vaccine is selfish and stupid.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 7:13pm
Legend LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Loving the abuse, how has he not got a hat trick today

It would certainly be a booster if he did.
LOL

LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:40pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

https://www.the42.ie/shane-keegan-tactics-board-ireland-azerbaijan-5571393-Oct2021/

I'm glad he makes the point re Idah's movement. Saturday wasn't his best night in an Irish shirt (Portugal was), but his strength, pace, work rate and willingness to run the channels keeps defences on their toes and creates space for others. For all that people go on about him not getting regular minutes and of course, yes that would help a lot, he is by far our best option in that position. He may not be prolific yet and who knows how that will go, but he is our top scorer ever at underage level I believe??? (Is that correct?), so maybe he is just taking time to adapt to senior level and the goals will come with regular game time. 

Robinson was excellent no doubt and that free role plays to his strengths. Now we just have to find the solution as to who plays alongside him behind Idah in the 3-4-2-1. Horgan and Parrott dont look like solutions there, Mc Grath has done well there when called upon. Ogbene looks a bit raw to be a starter but can continue to be an excellent impact sub. Maybe Knight can play that role. Maybe Connolly if we wanted to go very offensive?
Idah Dream!
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:28pm
I'd like to see both Knight and Connolly get a run beside Robinson against Qatar, but I'd see Knight being more of an 8 longterm.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:32pm
I just checked to see what age Robinson is - 26.
Thank Dog for that! Great to see a polished player coming into the team like this and not turning 30, with just a few years of games left in him.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Thank Dog for that! Great to see a polished player coming into the team like this and not turning 30, with just a few years of games left in him.

Was thinking the same after the game, at 26 he should be good to play up to Euro 2028 at the least when he'll be still only 33.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

https://www.the42.ie/shane-keegan-tactics-board-ireland-azerbaijan-5571393-Oct2021/

I'm glad he makes the point re Idah's movement. Saturday wasn't his best night in an Irish shirt (Portugal was), but his strength, pace, work rate and willingness to run the channels keeps defences on their toes and creates space for others. For all that people go on about him not getting regular minutes and of course, yes that would help a lot, he is by far our best option in that position. He may not be prolific yet and who knows how that will go, but he is our top scorer ever at underage level I believe??? (Is that correct?), so maybe he is just taking time to adapt to senior level and the goals will come with regular game time. 

Robinson was excellent no doubt and that free role plays to his strengths. Now we just have to find the solution as to who plays alongside him behind Idah in the 3-4-2-1. Horgan and Parrott dont look like solutions there, Mc Grath has done well there when called upon. Ogbene looks a bit raw to be a starter but can continue to be an excellent impact sub. Maybe Knight can play that role. Maybe Connolly if we wanted to go very offensive?

He scored what was it 4 goals in 3 games in pre season? I think if he was playing weekly in the Championship or particularly League 1 he'd score plenty goals in League 1. There ain't many U21 attackers at PL clubs full stop he's doing well. 

Look at Dominic Solankes goal scoring record for Liverpool/Chelsea/Bournemouth in the PL as a youngster before he dropped to the Championship last year and this year. If we had Solanke in our ranks wed be delighted. Idah reminds me a bit of him. 

I think Robinson has to be first choice and I'd be giving Keane a start tomorrow to see how he goes. Keane could be a bit like a Kieffer Moore for Wales a lot bloomer. Idah Connolly Parrott I think in time will all be potentially better then the two older lads but we need to take a shorter term view with attackers too as we need goals. If Robinson and Keane are more mature. The 3 younger lads will take time to find their feet.

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Oct 2021 at 9:24pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

on recent performances has to be mcgrath, but i like the idea of connolly as well. past that, callum odowda could in theory be someone to suited to that as he has had his moments in a green shirt, but seems like hes stalled at club level with injuries as well. knight could do it im sure but would prefer him in midfield
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:47pm
Get the CR7 banners printed, the lad's on fire
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Get the CR7 banners printed, the lad's on fire
Clap
The Real CR7
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:10pm
There's only one CR7, one CR7...
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:44am
Tetsj - when was the last time an Ireland player scored five in two games?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

-26?

Lovely. Should be around for the next 55 years or soClap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 2:53am
can’t wait to hear this chant at the Aviva next month
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Tetsj - when was the last time an Ireland player scored five in two games?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the first time it happened.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 53>
  Share Topic