You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 53>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 1:13am
Did well for the few mins he was on; should be starting. 
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 8:00am
Scored 13 odd Championship goals while injured for half the season and playing on the wing in a fairly average side. 

Few murmurs that he’ll be off to the Premier League soon where I think he’ll be very comfortable. 

Has to be a way to get him into the starting eleven, I think himself and McGoldrick could link up very well together. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 12:08pm
Norwich have put in a £6m bid for him apparently. Be great to see another Irish player in the PL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 29 Jun 2019 at 12:09pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Norwich have put in a £6m bid for him apparently. Be great to see another Irish player in the PL

Preston come out almost straight away after the sky story to say not received any bids for any players yet. Hopefully something to the story as be good to have another Irish player in the PL
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 12:17pm
Would be delighted to see him in the PL.

With the Luka Connell deal, these could be a few high points this summer, along with the lads from Sheffield United and Villa moving up a level.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I often wonder whether for our lads if its better to be top end championship or bottom end premier league? Brady at Norwich is an example that springs to mind. Clubs fighting off the drop typically sacrifice players like Brady or Robinson for solidity. Robinsons attacking game would develop further at Preston, not so sure at Norwich.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 2:59pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:07pm
must be norwich?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:08pm
Brilliant Clap
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:32pm
PNE-Online posters saying it's Sheffield United 
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:49pm
Some talk online that he might be going back to Villa too. Definitely looks like its one of the promoted clubs. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:20am
This is all very well until he starts playing well for Norwich/Sheff U and is left on the bench for Ireland in September/October because Burnley sub Robbie Brady is playing on the right wing, himself only playing on the right wing because Stoke sub McClean has to play on the left regardless. 

McClean's fans on here will then take the opportunity to remind us that he was top goalscorer for us 2 campaigns ago, and sure, Robbie Brady scored that goal V Italy 3 years ago too, McGeady got 3 assists in 2 games in league 1 as well, so maybe Robinson should be left back or reinvent himself as a deep lying playmaker or something. 

Good luck to Robinson anyway, either of those would be decent clubs that he would have a realistic chance of starting for. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This is all very well until he starts playing well for Norwich/Sheff U and is left on the bench for Ireland in September/October because Burnley sub Robbie Brady is playing on the right wing, himself only playing on the right wing because Stoke sub McClean has to play on the left regardless. 

McClean's fans on here will then take the opportunity to remind us that he was top goalscorer for us 2 campaigns ago, and sure, Robbie Brady scored that goal V Italy 3 years ago too, McGeady got 3 assists in 2 games in league 1 as well, so maybe Robinson should be left back or reinvent himself as a deep lying playmaker or something. 

Good luck to Robinson anyway, either of those would be decent clubs that he would have a realistic chance of starting for. 

I think someone on here once stated that “it’s harder to get out of the Ireland team than it is to get in it” 

McClean has been left wanting at club level for 12 months but still NEEDS to be on the left wing... just because.

Brady moved to Burnley years ago and has struggled the whole time. (He may be a slight exception here but he needs to find form)

Whelan already retired from the international team but still seems to be a first team player! 

Whelan never retired from international football. MON retired him
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I think someone on here once stated that “it’s harder to get out of the Ireland team than it is to get in it” 

McClean has been left wanting at club level for 12 months but still NEEDS to be on the left wing... just because.

Brady moved to Burnley years ago and has struggled the whole time. (He may be a slight exception here but he needs to find form)

Whelan already retired from the international team but still seems to be a first team player! 

Whelan never retired from international football. MON retired him
whelan was rightly retired, miles off the pace. It's an embarrssment that he's still starting for Ireland.

I'm relieved he's back as cover given our sh*te midfield. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:35pm
Official - Sheffield Utd
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:59pm
Regarding players being seemingly undropable. McClean, Brady, etc

The last 3 managers for Ireland including the current one would fall into the bracket of...pragmatic, which explains a lot of squad and first 11 choices over the last decade.

I have to admit I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the makeup of  Stephen Kenny's first squad is in the autumn of 2020.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The last 3 managers for Ireland including the current one would fall into the bracket of...pragmatic, which explains a lot of squad and first 11 choices over the last decade.

I have to admit I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the makeup of  Stephen Kenny's first squad is in the autumn of 2020.

100%. Think Kenny would have at least 3/4 of the u21s in the senior squad. It’s possible Mick will have a dilemma before the euros where a number of youngsters will have breakout years at club level but no senior action for us, and he’s left stuck with decision of experience of McClean and Brady versus the next generation right before the euros.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

100%. Think Kenny would have at least 3/4 of the u21s in the senior squad. It’s possible Mick will have a dilemma before the euros where a number of youngsters will have breakout years at club level but no senior action for us, and he’s left stuck with decision of experience of McClean and Brady versus the next generation right before the euros.

I have a snakey feeling one of the young strikers is gonna come good over the next 6-9 months. 

Edited by Banjaxed - 12 Jul 2019 at 10:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 53>
  Share Topic