You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:07pm
Watching him against Stoke on Sky Sports at the moment.

He really does look to be a fantastic player. Has been central to everything positive that Preston have done, he can beat a player, pick out a pass and has great control.

Joe Allen has just resorted to kicking him at this stage as he keeps drifting from the left-wing into the middle to create chances.

He can play up front, on either wing or at number ten.

He really should be given a chance in the upcoming Nations League games, he's up against McClean, Allen and Williams who will all be involved next month, so it couldn't be argued that he's not proven against that standard of player.

I can't believe that this guy has declared for us and is just 23, he looks every bit the player that Grealish is.

Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:16pm
I don't think I'd have him anywhere near Grealish's level of talent, but he's certainly got good potential and looks a fine addition.
We're decent enough..
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I don't think I'd have him anywhere near Grealish's level of talent, but he's certainly got good potential and looks a fine addition.

Outscored and contributed to more goals than Grealish last season, there's less than a year in their age difference.

I'd say that there isn't a whole lot between them. Well except for Grealish's ridiculous price tag.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:28pm
I'm fairly sure Grealish missed half of last season, which would be a relevant consideration.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'm fairly sure Grealish missed half of last season, which would be a relevant consideration.

Didn't realise that which is probably a fair variable in their respective records last year.

Regardless, Robinson definitely gives us options in positions that we've been struggling in of late.

The question is will MON play such a positive, attacking player? 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:10pm
Robinson is a greatly undervalued player. He had great chemistry with Burke when they were both at Villa. Hopefully they will be able to hit it off again
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:33pm
just seen his run from the halfway line and shot off the bar on sky sports news, very impressive.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 7:41am
and under instruction from MON he’d take a run from midfield, turn and pass it back to Randolph.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:16pm
Pleased to see CR getting his call up.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

He really does look to be a fantastic player. Has been central to everything positive that Preston have done, he can beat a player, pick out a pass and has great control.

Joe Allen has just resorted to kicking him at this stage as he keeps drifting from the left-wing into the middle to create chances.

He really should be given a chance in the upcoming Nations League games, he's up against McClean, Allen and Williams who will all be involved next month, so it couldn't be argued that he's not proven against that standard of player.

I can't believe that this guy has declared for us and is just 23, he looks every bit the player that Grealish is.

Dont worry, we'll knock that out of him. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Dont worry, we'll knock that out of him. 

Is it too late for him to declare for England?
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:02pm
he needs to play a part in both games. very thin at striker and he has played well in championship a few years in a row. would like to see him start or come on against wales and certainly start the friendly
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:06pm
Very useful player. Happy to see him join up anyway.

Edited by grannyrule - 27 Aug 2018 at 2:14pm
The only way is up
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:59pm
With all the fuss about Rice, there is something to be said for the way Robinson went about his business, declared an interest, turned up for a squad meet & friendly, got his paperwork in order & all with a minimum of fuss. Welcome Callum, & best of luck. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:01am
Agree, but would it be different if he was good enough to play for England?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He’s a good young player. He’s not England standard, but he’s comfortably ireland standard. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:18am

More than likely RB, I'm glad to have the chap on board, but if he was that good he probably wouldn't have come next or near us. That's just the way things are in football at the moment, I don't really expect that to change, no matter how much Kilbane or McClean decide to rant about it. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:43am

You could say that about any English born player who has ever played for us. Mick McCarthy openly admitted that he would have rather played for England. Townsend was shouting for England at Euro 88 and playing against them in Italia 90. Other players have been more coy and said the opportunity never arose. I think Kilbane and O'Leary are the only players who actually declined interest from England.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
  Share Topic