You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Callum Robinson
    Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:33am
Looked good v Arsenal. With out lack of striking options surely worth a look. Apparently the FAI are on the case according to Rob Brennan on twitter.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:38am
Again, need this have waited until he's performing well with Preston? Too slow off the mark...
We're decent enough..
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Again, need this have waited until he's performing well with Preston? Too slow off the mark...
Seems to be a recurring theme of late.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:48am

Time and time again. 

What is the connection, how is he eligible? Well, the only thing going in our favour he plays with 6 and potentially 7 players hailing from Ireland that may play a role.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:49am
Is he definitely eligible?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 12:57pm
On the mothers side apparently. Over 30 caps for England at the various under age levels.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:04pm

So what, they should be all over him when he's not playing or playing poorly.

Surely the logic is when someone is playing well and they're eligible then we investigate.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

On the mothers side apparently. Over 30 caps for England at the various under age levels.

He's at PNE a mid table side so obvious PL goals aren't there, quite literally surrounded by Irish lads there is currently 11 players ahead of him for the England u21 side (not including Sterling, not sure if he's still eligible) no longer in their u20 squad either.

Very very Similar to Ciaran Clark, we could have a chance here. While we're at it Patrick Bamford/Hogan are still eligible there is a plethora of eligible players, Lukas Jutkiewicz is another it's time to make a move we've a lot to offer WC2018 is within arms reach for us if that doesn't attract players I don't know what will.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

He's at PNE a mid table side so obvious PL goals aren't there, quite literally surrounded by Irish lads there is currently 11 players ahead of him for the England u21 side (not including Sterling, not sure if he's still eligible) no longer in their u20 squad either.

Very very Similar to Ciaran Clark, we could have a chance here. While we're at it Patrick Bamford/Hogan are still eligible there is a plethora of eligible players, Lukas Jutkiewicz is another it's time to make a move we've a lot to offer WC2018 is within arms reach for us if that doesn't attract players I don't know what will.

no mate he's tied down with England now.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

no mate he's tied down with England now.

For England u21 LOL
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
ffs why are we bothering with these types of players. hes played with england all the stages up to u21. were starting to look desperate now. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 2:01pm
get a grip

every waif and stray, no thanks
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Surely the logic is when someone is playing well and they're eligible then we investigate.

He was pretty highly rated in Villa's academy. Like I've been aware of him for about 3-4 years, so if he is eligible surely the FAI should have been aware of him too.
We're decent enough..
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

He was pretty highly rated in Villa's academy. Like I've been aware of him for about 3-4 years, so if he is eligible surely the FAI should have been aware of him too.

As you say there's zero evidence on him being eligible so consider the topic closed tbh.

Even if he was, there's nothing to say that's he's even interested in playing for Ireland, the biggest clues are their Social media profiles.

In Callum's case, a tweet from last year: "Go on @JackGrealish1 #England" 
I'm no psychologist but that doesn't sound like a man interested in playing for Ireland.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:54pm
The only evidence seems to be that one lad who's friend says he is a cousin and thinks he is probably eligible. Not getting worked up about this one right now.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 4:07pm
I am expecting him to get an England U21 call-up out of this. That is usually the way it works with the English FA when a player is being linked to another country.
The only way is up
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 6:11pm
Who you play for at U21 if you're dual-nationality does not necessarily mean all that much e.g.: Grealish, Scott Hogan potentially, most of the Algeria, Tunisia and Senegal national teams etc.

So I wouldn't be getting too upset about that.  

A bit of creepy Twitter stalking shows he does have a lot of time for Ireland - applauding our fans at the Euros, wishing Ciaran Clark all the best in the Sweden game, applauding Wessi's goal etc.  

Could well be an option for us. You'd have to hope working with so many Irish lads day in, day out would help him. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Who you play for at U21 if you're dual-nationality does not necessarily mean all that much e.g.: Grealish, Scott Hogan potentially, most of the Algeria, Tunisia and Senegal national teams etc.

So I wouldn't be getting too upset about that.  

A bit of creepy Twitter stalking shows he does have a lot of time for Ireland - applauding our fans at the Euros, wishing Ciaran Clark all the best in the Sweden game, applauding Wessi's goal etc.  

Could well be an option for us. You'd have to hope working with so many Irish lads day in, day out would help him. 

Get a life mate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
  Share Topic