You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:35pm
No, they were just having fun dressing up, though their father is an investment banker so that's bad enough. They're Canadian.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

No, they were just having fun dressing up, though their father is an investment banker so that's bad enough. They're Canadian.
Ah right! Shows how much I pay attention to tennis. They had a typical tennis player's upbringing then! Pretty girls though.
Still not Kournikova and Hingis playing doubles together, highlight of my teenage years. More kleenex was used than Bambi's last run at the cinema.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ah right! Shows how much I pay attention to tennis. They had a typical tennis player's upbringing then! Pretty girls though.
Still not Kournikova and Hingis playing doubles together, highlight of my teenage years. More kleenex was used than Bambi's last run at the cinema.

LOL

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 4:18pm
heading down to roland garros now. they have a special rate for yesterday and today that it's only €15 for the evenings play. haven't been there yet so should be good. €15 to watch Eugenie bouchard grunt and moan around the court, result!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:23am
Who do people think will win the FO Mens?

Nadal is the fav and has had the best clay court season. His only loss was too Thiem in the Italian Open which was probably one tournament too many.
The main reason he wont win it is his wrist, knees and ankles.

Stan - If he can recapture his 2015 FO form then he wins this. But which stan will turn up?

Djok - He hasn't played well since he won this last year. Can Aggassi help him get his groove back? Like Stan I think if he plays like he did last year he will win this.

Thiem - he is a future GS winner and got to the semi finals last year. Could this be his breakthrough year.

Murray - No.1 in the world but cant see him winning this as he has done nothing this year.
Del Potro has a better chance than him.

The womens is nuts. About 8 -10 ladies could win it.

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Nadal is the fav and has had the best clay court season. His only loss was too Thiem in the Italian Open which was probably one tournament too many.

Stan - If he can recapture his 2015 FO form then he wins this. But which stan will turn up?

Djok - He hasn't played well since he won this last year. Can Aggassi help him get his groove back? Like Stan I think if he plays like he did last year he will win this.

Thiem - he is a future GS winner and got to the semi finals last year. Could this be his breakthrough year.

Murray - No.1 in the world but cant see him winning this as he has done nothing this year.

Nadal playing at his very best.

You mocked me for saying it in January so your views are irrelevant really.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Nadal playing at his very best.

You mocked me for saying it in January so your views are irrelevant really.

As I said before, his best is a surreal level. In 2008/2010/2013 he was an animal in those years winning big hard court and clay court tournaments.

Nadal's record this year against the BIG 4 reads Won 1 Lost 3.
He has also Lost to Raonic, Querrey and Thiem this year.
That is not Nadal at his best. 
If he was playing his best he definitely would have beaten at 35 year old Fed at the AUS open. 

He is playing well but to say he is at his best is off the mark. Even if he wins the FO it wont be like in previous years when he battered the big 4 at their peak/close to it.

Edit: Just seen he won Monte-Carlo and Barcelona with only beating one top 10 player and that was the guy Ranked 9

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 02 Jun 2017 at 8:29am

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 8:58pm
In terms of betting, you simply couldn't back Nadal. Odds on to win 3 or 4 difficult matches!

Murray interests me in a betting sense as he is quite a big price, if he can get past Del Potro that will be 3 wins on the bounce and I can see him really finding more form the further he goes. Probably play Wawrinka in a semi then. I think Murrays a nice EW bet at his price, the Del Potro match is the big one though.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

heading down to roland garros now. they have a special rate for yesterday and today that it's only €15 for the evenings play. haven't been there yet so should be good. €15 to watch Eugenie bouchard grunt and moan around the court, result!

How did it go Alihau? Always wanted to do a day at a big tennis tournament. Definitely on the to do list.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

How did it go Alihau? Always wanted to do a day at a big tennis tournament. Definitely on the to do list.

yea very good. went again yesterday evening and was at the verdasco v Herbert 5 setter. fantastic match.
they definitely have an issue with control on crowd numbers and think this is because of the prices they charge for the philippe chatrier and Suzanne lenglen courts. everyone buys for the annex courts, but when there are only 4/5 matches on those outside courts then it's a big wait to get into the small stands around those.
verdasco match was on court 2 which has permanent stands but isn't big. the main court is beside it, so you had people on the back of the main court stands looking back down, made for great atmosphere!

if you plan to ever do roland garros, general sale tickets go on sale around start of last week of march, need to be quick to get on them as you'll get a decent prices.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:52am

yea very good. went again yesterday evening and was at the verdasco v Herbert 5 setter. fantastic match.
they definitely have an issue with control on crowd numbers and think this is because of the prices they charge for the philippe chatrier and Suzanne lenglen courts. everyone buys for the annex courts, but when there are only 4/5 matches on those outside courts then it's a big wait to get into the small stands around those.
verdasco match was on court 2 which has permanent stands but isn't big. the main court is beside it, so you had people on the back of the main court stands looking back down, made for great atmosphere!

if you plan to ever do roland garros, general sale tickets go on sale around start of last week of march, need to be quick to get on them as you'll get a decent prices.

Never been to RG, must try and make it one year.

Will be in the Q for Wimbledon again this year. 

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 1:21am

Have been to the US Open (3 days) and Wimbledon (camped out overnight in 2015 and got centre court tickets 5 rows back at the net) - absolutely brilliant. Highly recommend it. RG is on my list!
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 12:30pm
Mens Quarter finals looks great

Murray v Nishikori

Stanimal v Cilic

Pablo v Nadal

Thiem v Novak

The semi-final should be 
Murray v Stanimal
Nadal v Novak
(Although Thiem looks the best bet to cause an upset)

The Ladies will have a new winner as all previous winners are not playing or have been knocked out.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 12:49pm
7 of the top 8 seeds make the quarter finals. Jaysus.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

7 of the top 8 seeds make the quarter finals. Jaysus.

Raonic let us down.

Compare that to the womens and it really is an open draw.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:59pm
saw halep play in her first round match, f**k me she's built! also, have a google about having her breast reduction. they were proper warlocks!

thiem v djokovic will be a great match! murray will take a lot of confidence from the 3set win over del potro. was definitely the one player all of the top seeds didn't want in their draw.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:44pm
Djokovic completely gave up today in the last set. Never thought I'd see that. Out of the worlds top 2 for the first time in 7 years. First 3 set loss in a grand slam for 4 years. Mentally he's a shambles. Not sure what's really being wrong with him the last year. Will it ever come out?

Edited by TonyNotJack - 07 Jun 2017 at 12:45pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 1:27pm

Djokovic completely gave up today in the last set. Never thought I'd see that. Out of the worlds top 2 for the first time in 7 years. First 3 set loss in a grand slam for 4 years. Mentally he's a shambles. Not sure what's really being wrong with him the last year. Will it ever come out?

He is definitely suffering some problems behind the scenes. 

I though him and Murray were actually playing themselves into form but that was terrible from Novak. Fair play to Thiem tho, he took advantage and is playing well.

Nadal v Thiem will be a good test for both of them to see what level they are at.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
  Share Topic