You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:12pm
Here we go. Nadal Federer. Winner to play Djokovic in the final. Amazing they haven't met in Wimbledon since that 2008 final.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:56pm
Federer
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:59pm
Federer was amazing today. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:02pm
Delighted Federer beat Nadal.

Think Djokovic will have too much for him in the final.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:02pm
Great game of tennis i must say . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:20pm
Fancy Federer to beat Djokovic myself. Should be a great final though.

Some great stuff today the longer the match went on. Federer playing some of the best stuff I've seen him play at Wimbledon
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:26pm
Nadal played his best right at the end. If he'd broken in that game he could have turned it around. Federer was really good and has rarely reacted that much at the end of a match. Only when he won his first and probably the grand slam he won after a good few years going without one.

Looked like he had to put so much into it he peaked there. I think Djokovic will win in four sets and get to within four slams of Federer and the almost inevitability of him overtaking him at some stage
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:32pm
As good as Federer played today, I think Nadal's strategy cost him. Seemed far too content with just returning the ball rather than moving Federer out of position. He was too far back behind the baseline so his forehand was largely ineffective. Kept trying forehand shots when it was easier to use his backhand, which he started to do towards the end of the game and was winning points with it. Definitely a match that Nadal left behind.

Some of Federer's forehand shots were brilliant.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

As good as Federer played today, I think Nadal's strategy cost him. Seemed far too content with just returning the ball rather than moving Federer out of position. He was too far back behind the baseline so his forehand was largely ineffective. Kept trying forehand shots when it was easier to use his backhand, which he started to do towards the end of the game and was winning points with it. Definitely a match that Nadal left behind.

Some of Federer's forehand shots were brilliant.

Agreed! Nadal tried to play Federer at his own game and it cost him.

These three are probably the three best players of all time, it’s a pity Djokovic doesn’t seem to get the same respect as the other two.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:15pm
What a performance from Halep.

Underwhelming that a Grand Slam final can finish in less than an hour.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Watching Serena Williams get hammered in a grand slam final is up there as one of the best sights in sport Clap Clap Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Watching Serena Williams get hammered in a grand slam final is up there as one of the best sights in sport Clap Clap Clap

I’m with you on that.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:04pm
To say she's nothing like she was before having a baby is an understatement.She had a 9-1 head to head v Halep and yet today she was just embarrassing.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:30pm
Could well be that when having the baby she eased on certain substances. That and testers being on her case for awhile now. It's a pity that wasn't the case a more than a decade ago.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:43pm
That was unbelievable from Halep. She was borderline outrageous. Williams spirit was broken early doors
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:51pm
Don’t get the anti-Williams vibe.
Was her meltdown at last years US Open really that bad?
Drugs whispers?
Never heard that about her before.
McEnroe/Seles/Djokovic/Navratilova etc had that thing where they were petulant, or not likeable.... S Williams on the cusp of being recognised stastically and popularly as the best player ever.......just not on YBIG??
I think she’s class.....ultimate competitor.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:52pm

Why?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:54pm

Could well be that when having the baby she eased on certain substances. That and testers being on her case for awhile now. It's a pity that wasn't the case a more than a decade ago.

Did those testers go easy on Djokovic and Nadal too?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
  Share Topic