You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 30>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 1:51pm
His underarm ace was quality

Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 6:31pm
He was out drinking the night before yesterday's match.zero f*cks given 

Edited by Gigibongi33 - 05 Jul 2019 at 6:32pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

He was out drinking the night before yesterday's match.zero f*cks given 

The full 15 minute interview is superb LOL

He has a pop at almost every journalist there. The best moment being when a female journalist has a question for him, Kyrgios half recognises the voice, turns and looks at her and says 'you were in the pub too last night. This is akward'. LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 7:26pm
Tennis needs more bad guys.Way to much gentlemanly stuff and the lesser players genuflecting to the big three. The last really good player who deliberately got under the top players skin was Robin Soderling who had to retire very early due to illness.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 7:35pm
Soderling was brilliant. A huge loss. Yep the men's tennis is way too nice. It would be great if Kyrgios was challenging the top lads over the last few years.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:12pm
Nadal through to the next round easily enough. As good as Nadal was, Tsonga made some really poor mistakes. 

After a close first set, Federer really upped his game during the 2nd and now early in the 3rd. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Nadal through to the next round easily enough. As good as Nadal was, Tsonga made some really poor mistakes. 

After a close first set, Federer really upped his game during the 2nd and now early in the 3rd. 

Peaked in his first gran slam when he made the final. Everyone assumed he'd win more than one after that.He's been no way near it. A total under achiever, never seemed to put the work in or get the right coach.Still he's a multi millionaire so he's probably not too worried about it.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Peaked in his first gran slam when he made the final. Everyone assumed he'd win more than one after that.He's been no way near it. A total under achiever, never seemed to put the work in or get the right coach.Still he's a multi millionaire so he's probably not too worried about it.

McEnroe said that about few French players. They have the talent to win a slam but aren't willing to make the sacrifices that Nadal or Murray did.

Nadal v Fed should be the semi final next Friday.

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 11:52am
I ended up with Court 1 tickets so saw Sousa beating Dan Evans. What a match! Evans seems like a total **** though 
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I ended up with Court 1 tickets so saw Sousa beating Dan Evans. What a match! Evans seems like a total **** though 
he was in good company...
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That he was LOL
@AntrimMan85
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 7:16pm
Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic all through with little trouble. Based on both performances today, Nadal vs Federer will be a great semi-final to watch.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:27am

Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic all through with little trouble. Based on both performances today, Nadal vs Federer will be a great semi-final to watch.

Nadal v Fed on Friday 

Already booked in working from home for it Wink

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:55am
backed Williams, Djokovic and Williams/Murray Doubles outright at just over 10/1. decent enough bet the way things are going 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:45am
These three will be battling out the majors still in their mid 40s it seems
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Nadal v Fed on Friday 

Already booked in working from home for it Wink

Thank God for the glorious 12th
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:23pm
Funny the way they big up the new guy who's going to knock them off their perch.
Cilic
Raonic
Nishikori
Tsonga
Dimitrov
Thiem
Zverev
Tsitsipas

All built up over the last 10 years or so.All seem to wilt under the pressure and get no way near them. It's still to early to say for Thiem,Zverev and Tsitsipas, but it's quite likely they'll go the way of the others. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 30>
  Share Topic