You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tennis Thread
    Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:18am
Djok knocked out of the Aussie Open by a Wildcard from Uzbekistan

Edited by nvidic - 30 Jan 2022 at 1:22pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:55am
Congratulations to Sir Andy on winning the first major of the year
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 9:33am
bottom half of the draw only really has raonic, nadal and monfils, of which only one of those will be left after the quarters. murray has berdych, Federer and nishikori in his quarter section, with wawrinka / Tsonga awaiting in the semis. top half definitely stronger, djokovic had the easiest draw of the lot.

reckon a murray vs raonic final, although would love to see nadal regain some of his old form
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 9:33am
A massive upset given its Djokovic's favourite slam..... After he beat Murray 2 weeks ago I assumed it would be another Murray v Novak final.
It has to be all in his head. This time last year people were predicting when he would win 18 slams, not if. 
Now I think he will do well to win 14.

The other side of the draw is really open. Raonic / Nadal or Dimitrov could make the final.

Murray will be licking his lips. He deserves to win this open - been in the final 5 times.

Its up there with these massive shocks
2017 Australian Open, Istomin (116) defeating Djokovic
2012 Wimbledon, Rosol (Ranked 100) defeating Nadal
2013 Wimbledon, Stakhovsky (Ranked 106) defeating Federer
2013 Wimbledon, Darcis (135) defeating Nadal

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 9:35am
You know what I find hilarious about Sir Andy?

If Scotland had of voted correctly he wouldn't even be British

Even though I'd say he probably voted to stay as he seems like that kind of boring I don't want to change a thing kind of ****.

I do admire him though for the time he told reporters that he didn't care how England did in the World Cup because he is Scottish
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

bottom half of the draw only really has raonic, nadal and monfils, of which only one of those will be left after the quarters. murray has berdych, Federer and nishikori in his quarter section, with wawrinka / Tsonga awaiting in the semis. top half definitely stronger, djokovic had the easiest draw of the lot.

reckon a murray vs raonic final, although would love to see nadal regain some of his old form

Agreed, really like Milos's chances.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Even though I'd say he probably voted to stay as he seems like that kind of boring I don't want to change a thing kind of ****.

I do admire him though for the time he told reporters that he didn't care how England did in the World Cup because he is Scottish
Andy Murray came out in favour of Scottish independence and is generally loathed by the great British(English) public. 2 more reasons to like him.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Andy Murray came out in favour of Scottish independence and is generally loathed by the great British(English) public. 2 more reasons to like him.

I stand corrected...

Then it brings up the question as to why he accepted it if he see himself as Scottish rather then British
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I stand corrected...

Then it brings up the question as to why he accepted it if he see himself as Scottish rather then British

Was pressured into singing GSTQ at the Olympics
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:00am
Murray out..... He absolutely blew it against a guy that has never beaten him before.

Could we see a Fed v Nadal final!!!!

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 10:56am
Backed Raonic at 8/1 when Djokovic went out so hoping he can win it, don't want Wawrinka winning another grand slam, not sure he deserves a fourth grand slam title.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:21am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Backed Raonic at 8/1 when Djokovic went out so hoping he can win it, don't want Wawrinka winning another grand slam, not sure he deserves a fourth grand slam title.

Good bet that. The bookies have Stan, Roger and Raonic all between 4-5/1.
I would love to see Roger win it but I think it's between Stan and Raonic.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 2:08am
Remember this lass from Wimbledon in the late 90's when she was 16/17?

Image result for mirjana lucic 1999

Mirjana Lucic Baroni. Now into the semis of the Australian open, 18 years after her last Grand Slam Semi Final appearance, at Wimbledon in 1999. It would be some story if she went all the way now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 7:48am
The standard of women's tennis is worse than it has been in a long time, would like to see Coco Vandeweghe win it out of the remaining four.

Hoping Raonic can take care of Nadal and set up a match with the in form Dmitrov.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:29am
There is a murkier story behind Mirjana absence for a good few years so it would be great if she did win it.

I think Coco has the best chance of beating Serena. At the end of the day, peak Serena will beat everybody else.

Nadal is actually the fav to beat Raonic but I think Raonic will beat him, Will put a small bet on.
Nadal has been playing really well but he is nowhere near his peak level when he didn't make any mistakes.
Its a fast court so Raonic should win this. 

Either way, both semi-finals should be great and the final will be good too.
Novak v Murray matches are not great viewing.

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

There is a murkier story behind Mirjana absence for a good few years so it would be great if she did win it.

I think Coco has the best chance of beating Serena. At the end of the day, peak Serena will beat everybody else.

Nadal is actually the fav to beat Raonic but I think Raonic will beat him, Will put a small bet on.
Nadal has been playing really well but he is nowhere near his peak level when he didn't make any mistakes.

Saw this before the game but let it slide. A ridiculous statement. 
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

of course you did  Embarrassed

Peak he was #1 in the world. 

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 12:06pm

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

of course you did  Embarrassed

Peak he was #1 in the world. 

Yeah I did. Save your childish emoticons. How anyone could say he was so far off his peak after his display in the tournament even before today was madness. He was slight favourite today for a reason.

I don't care about ranking. He wasn't playing much better in his peak than he's been playing in Australia this last 10 days.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
  Share Topic