Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confederations Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Have seen how Russia are providing free rail travel between host cities for ticket holders and it looks to be a good setup. Hopefully they do something similar at next year's world cup
you're glutton for punishment
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Is it actually 36 hours train journey between some venues Shocked
Just for sh*ts and giggles I picked a random slot to what travelling would be like. We ended up in slot C3.

First game in Saransk (which as you might have guessed Ryanair don't service!)
22 hour train journey to our next game in Ekateringburg for the second game.
51 hour train journey then to the 3rd game in Sochi.

Someone there pick a random slot in the draw and I'll see if that's an outlier.

Any of the Kaliningrad ones are worse. Really the only way to Kaliningrad is to fly. The trains all go through Belarus which requires a transit visa: pain in the hoop.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:29pm
Looks like Russia will be a nightmare to get around. Flights will be booked out as soon as the draw is made and train or bus might be the only way for those who were unfortunate.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Looks like Russia will be a nightmare to get around. Flights will be booked out as soon as the draw is made and train or bus might be the only way for those who were unfortunate.

No sh*t ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

No sh*t ?

No sh*t?  Have you tried a laxative?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:07pm

No sh*t ?

i wonder what size their coffees are you absolute moan
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:42pm

No sh*t ?

No but I will pass the advice on to the next bear i run into in the woods
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

No sh*t ?

I hope wifi is widely available so if we progress to the next round I can book cheap flights back out the weekend of the game . Maybe even go with Abbey or the likes but hopefully all routes won't be jumped on by bandwagoners
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:32pm

Just for sh*ts and giggles I picked a random slot to what travelling would be like. We ended up in slot C3.

I've done a bit of research on this: calculating the total journey time between city A and B, then B and C. None of this covers getting to the first host city or home again or to the potential second round game. I've based it on this year's timetable, searching for most trains on the 4th July, just to pick a date.

The *median* position is about 51 hours, the mean about 50 hours. The worst is position F3: Nizhny Novgorod to Sochi to Yekaterinburg: 38 hours then 62 hours, over 100 hours total. The long train leaves Sochi the afternoon after the second match and only arrives in Yekaterinburg the morning of the last match (assuming no substantial timetable changes between this year and next).

The best is D1: Moscow to Nizhny Novgorod to Saint Petersburg: 3 hours then 15 hours.

I should that in some cases I have used direct trains even where changing would be quicker. In many cases, going via Moscow can be quicker, especially to Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan and Saint Petersburg, as they are well connected to Moscow with faster trains.

Six of the Kaliningrad ones suffer from a problem, however, in that in each case you have to change in Moscow at least once. Now, none of them require two changes, or even a change both ways, but they are a pain all the same, with the transit visa problem for Belarus. The other alternative to flying is a train to Riga in Latvia then an overnight bus: f**k that.

Now, I might be a train fan, but even I figure that 100 hours on trains over a one week period might be a little much. Let's see if we qualify and then see where we get drawn.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 06 Jun 2017 at 11:35pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I've done a bit of research on this: calculating the total journey time between city A and B, then B and C. None of this covers getting to the first host city or home again or to the potential second round game. I've based it on this year's timetable, searching for most trains on the 4th July, just to pick a date.

The *median* position is about 51 hours, the mean about 50 hours. The worst is position F3: Nizhny Novgorod to Sochi to Yekaterinburg: 38 hours then 62 hours, over 100 hours total. The long train leaves Sochi the afternoon after the second match and only arrives in Yekaterinburg the morning of the last match (assuming no substantial timetable changes between this year and next).

The best is D1: Moscow to Nizhny Novgorod to Saint Petersburg: 3 hours then 15 hours.

I should that in some cases I have used direct trains even where changing would be quicker. In many cases, going via Moscow can be quicker, especially to Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan and Saint Petersburg, as they are well connected to Moscow with faster trains.

Six of the Kaliningrad ones suffer from a problem, however, in that in each case you have to change in Moscow at least once. Now, none of them require two changes, or even a change both ways, but they are a pain all the same, with the transit visa problem for Belarus. The other alternative to flying is a train to Riga in Latvia then an overnight bus: f**k that.

Now, I might be a train fan, but even I figure that 100 hours on trains over a one week period might be a little much. Let's see if we qualify and then see where we get drawn.

You know it's a long train journey when even you're getting fed up with it SD.

Just 1 problem with that best-case scenario though - you only get that position if you're seeded and we probably wouldn't get seeded even if we won all our remaining qualifiers 10-0.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

No sh*t ?

I hope wifi is widely available so if we progress to the next round I can book cheap flights back out the weekend of the game . Maybe even go with Abbey or the likes but hopefully all routes won't be jumped on by bandwagoners

You honestly think if we qualify that Russia will be a Mecca for bandwagoners ffs LOL

Abbey Travel do deals for places like the Faroe Islands on a day trip for €450! Can you imagine the cost of a trip to Russia with Abbey travel?

I highly doubt there would be more than a 100 who would go down that route who never go to games.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

No sh*t ?

You honestly think if we qualify that Russia will be a Mecca for bandwagoners ffs LOL

Abbey Travel do deals for places like the Faroe Islands on a day trip for €450! Can you imagine the cost of a trip to Russia with Abbey travel?

I highly doubt there would be more than a 100 who would go down that route who never go to games.
Won't be a problem of Tickets anyway. Kaliningrad may attract some Crap flag type fans though doing the Toure chant Thumbs DownLOL
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:08am
@IrelandFan, the Russian Visa process will hopefully wean out many of those c**ts  LOL

I would have no problem if Russian hooligans caged anyone singing that Toure Chant LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:09am

@IrelandFan, the Russian Visa process will hopefully wean out many of those c**ts  LOL

I would have no problem if Russian hooligans caged anyone singing that Toure Chant LOL
The clap thing too.Angry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:19am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The clap thing too.Angry

Anyone over 18 who is seen partaking in the clap should be followed by immediate removal from the ground.

Flags with "funny" slogans should be torched before every home game too LOL

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:21am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The clap thing too.Angry

Anyone over 18 who is seen partaking in the clap should be followed by immediate removal from the ground.

Flags with "funny" slogans should be torched before every home game too LOL
Leave the flags alone, torch the bearers.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:25am
LOL

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 7:40am
Could there be an arrangement made you think with Belarus not to have Visa? As in having identity card similar to what Russia have put in place
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic