You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 3:50pm
Jaysis . Some of yis would be better off locking yourselves in a soundproof room with a set of Marshall stacks rather then going to a gig by the sounds of it.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Of topic Bronze I'll be on a job in Manchester on Wednesday and Thursday night so probably around for a beer Wednesday night. Wednesday is in the Etihad Stadium so we might be staying some where near there. 
PM sent
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

June and July gigs in Ireland are ruined by our north west location and how much daylight we get in the summer.

U2 in slane in August and September was perfect
Yeah, Slane on the last weekend of August used to be perfect, lovely bright days for the support acts, then descends to darkness perfectly as the headliners came onstage.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Jaysis . Some of yis would be better off locking yourselves in a soundproof room with a set of Marshall stacks rather then going to a gig by the sounds of it.

Well the sound was shocking when I was in the canal end but it was fantastic when I was on the pitch and that was the same tour.

Can't comment on this one as I was not at it.

RDS has terrible sound too. Some places have better sound than others.
AKA pedantic kunt
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 6:38pm
That's the nature of live shows unfortunately.

There's no perfect sound for each and every punter, especially in a stadium, and there are positives to both huge productions and intimate shows. I usually try to get as near to the sound system as I can . I'm not a massive fan but U2 are the best I've seen in creating an atmosphere at their shows. Stuff you can't exactly pinpoint but can only understand once you are part of it and it's something few bands can pull off . That's what the big live shows are about for me . A celebration of humanity as someone once said

Edited by BabbsBalls - 24 Jul 2017 at 6:44pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 7:01pm
super gig last saturday

setlist was great, my seat was good and the sound was top notch. Noel Gallagher and the HFB were also great 

A lot of foreign u2 fans there 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

That's the nature of live shows unfortunately.

There's no perfect sound for each and every punter, especially in a stadium, and there are positives to both huge productions and intimate shows. I usually try to get as near to the sound system as I can . I'm not a massive fan but U2 are the best I've seen in creating an atmosphere at their shows. Stuff you can't exactly pinpoint but can only understand once you are part of it and it's something few bands can pull off . That's what the big live shows are about for me . A celebration of humanity as someone once said
beautiful words.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:59pm
All fair enough babbs.   But if I am reading this and say there is a gig in croker next year, bsm or newry rep can read it and see, not to buy canal end tickets as the sound will be sh*te

Edited by Baldrick - 25 Jul 2017 at 8:45am
AKA pedantic kunt
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:06pm

All fair enough babbs but I am reading this and say there is a gig in croker me next year bsm or newry rep can read it and see bear not to buy canal end tickets as the sound will be sh*te
Can someone translate this please i dont do cryptic
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 7:42am

All fair enough babbs.   But if I am reading this and say there is a gig in croker me next year, bsm or newry rep can read it and see here, not to buy canal end tickets as the sound will be sh*te
me,you and Newry up in the pit so
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:43am
Only two of us buying at the bar anyway BSM. Newryrep will forget his euros :))
AKA pedantic kunt
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:34am

All fair enough babbs.   But if I am reading this and say there is a gig in croker next year, bsm or newry rep can read it and see, not to buy canal end tickets as the sound will be sh*te

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 8:26pm
New album is top top top top top top top stuff
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:45pm
U2 on BBC1 tonight at 21.00 for an hour doing songs from the new album and some of their older stuff.
Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:46pm
Thanks for that reminder to avoid BBC 1 then.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

U2 on BBC1 tonight at 21.00 for an hour doing songs from the new album and some of their older stuff.
Cool

Worth a ban for bringing it to people's attention.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Cool

Worth a ban for bringing it to people's attention.

Well I'm going to watch it With or Without you.
Wink

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 5:44pm
Worth cancelling the TV licence over!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic