You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Tough, you think you've got the stuff
You're telling me and anyone
You're hard enough
You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight
Hard to disagree.Clap

I wish someone would let Bono take some of the punches. Hard ones, right in his smarmy face!
That was written for his Father, great song, cannot understand how we knock our own, and has put Ireland on the World Map

Well said Brian.
Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 9:31pm
Didn't the IDA confirm a number of years ago that Bono was a major factor in Facebook and Google in locating their European headquarters to Ireland.  The Google jobs were going to Latvia only for his intervention so legend has it.  
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 9:40pm

You're hard enough
For you tonight
Hard to disagree.Clap

I wish someone would let Bono take some of the punches. Hard ones, right in his smarmy face!
        Couldn't agree more.Can't stand the dogooding, sh*ttalking asshole.Never one to miss out on a good story to latch onto for a bit of self promotion.He has a lot to thank Geldof for: the big break at LiveAid and the roadmap to being a lovely fella.Cynically exploits situations to grab the limelight.I knew he wouldn't be too far away from the Covid crisis, trying to smarm his way back into the hearts and minds after he was found out for deserting the country.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 9:47pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinionThumbs Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 10:08pm

You're hard enough
For you tonight
Hard to disagree.Clap

Judging by those lyrics he already has had enough.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

You're hard enough
For you tonight
Hard to disagree.Clap

That was written for his Father, great song, cannot understand how we knock our own, and has put Ireland on the World Map
I would say the opposite! Why on earth should where they come from have any bearing on one's opinion?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

You're hard enough
For you tonight
Hard to disagree.Clap

Couldn't agree more.Can't stand the dogooding, sh*ttalking asshole.Never one to miss out on a good story to latch onto for a bit of self promotion.He has a lot to thank Geldof for: the big break at LiveAid and the roadmap to being a lovely fella.Cynically exploits situations to grab the limelight.I knew he wouldn't be too far away from the Covid crisis, trying to smarm his way back into the hearts and minds after he was found out for deserting the country.

You honestly sound like a joy to be around. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 11:11am
On a side, anybody listening to Inhaler? 

AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yep, it certainly didn't take my breath away though.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Get your coat Podge! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

On a Berlin theme, this is a beauty:

U2 - Zoo Station (Kindergarten Version)

bastardsonoflimpar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bastardsonoflimpar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 9:33pm
****s
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 3:20pm
I was working in Shannon Airport in the early 2000's and bono flew in from a "cancel the debt" conference in New York. He was very tired and emotional, but luckily he was in first class.

The sink in the first class toilet was blocked when they landed because "someone" put jacks roll in it. All the other passengers got off leaving bono, his wife and a woman who I think was a pa. 

While I was clearing out the trap the pa arranged for a limo to collect him and bring him to Dromoland Castle for a bit of a sleep to get over the "jetlag". Ali went on to Dublin on her own. Real rockstar stuff.
Let Christy Take It.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

I was working in Shannon Airport in the early 2000's and bono flew in from a "cancel the debt" conference in New York. He was very tired and emotional, but luckily he was in first class.

The sink in the first class toilet was blocked when they landed because "someone" put jacks roll in it. All the other passengers got off leaving bono, his wife and a woman who I think was a pa. 

While I was clearing out the trap the pa arranged for a limo to collect him and bring him to Dromoland Castle for a bit of a sleep to get over the "jetlag". Ali went on to Dublin on her own. Real rockstar stuff.

We have all been there after an Ireland trip :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

We have all been there after an Ireland trip :) 

Yeah but mine is usually because I went through 3 airports on the way home and living on crisps and warm cider on the way. Ha ha. 
Let Christy Take It.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 6:23pm
For those that are interested bono was on the Ryan Tubridy show this morning talking about a few things one being the 20million worth of ppe for health care workers that u2 bought 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 9:20pm
was it not 10 mill?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

For those that are interested bono was on the Ryan Tubridy show this morning talking about a few things one being the 20million worth of ppe for health care workers that u2 bought 

He is such a cock!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic