You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

So was it good lads for those that went?

No surprise with setlist. Same as Barcelona.
with such a big catalogue on songs,they should mix things up a little. Nothing worse at a gig when you know what's coming next

Don't most bands play kind of the same set on a particular tour? E.g. Joshua Tree tour.
That's just the world we now live in that a lot of things are known in advance.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm
U2 have admitted they are not technically good enough to mix it up and they tried the Juke box thing and messed up in the past.
.they tend to go with a very rehearsed choreographed set. Work off a about 25 songs of which they play 23.

AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm

U2 have admitted they are not technically good enough to mix it up and they tried the Juke box thing and messed up in the past.
.they tend to go with a very rehearsed choreographed set. Work off a about 25 songs of which they play 23.

really? Huge credit to the likes of Springsteen,who plays a lot off the cuff,sometimes playing stuff he mightn't have played in years
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 5:16pm

link to quote ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

link to quote ?
if baldy says it,it's a fact good enough for me
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 11:28pm
I was there.....super show. It's still all about the song's
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:48am
I will find the quotes but they have said it so many times that the studio KS hard work for them as they are technically not great musicians. By the way I am a fan. They come from the punk movement which was anti bands being virtuoso's.

I think it was the rattle and him tour where they tried to mix it up a bit and it didn't work for them. Since then they have usually worked a core group of songs on any tour and then play 90% of them, playing around with three or four Max.   Part of the reason is their inability to just play like a bar stool blues band but also with the shows becoming more and more complex the serlist needs to be pretty standard as the videos are all lined up.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:05am

link to quote ?
Of their 29 gigs this year, 17 songs have been played at 28 or more. the other 8 have been rotated somewhat

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:18am
What time did the gig actually finish?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:26am
Think it was just after 11 bells.

Brilliant gig. Croker is a smashing venue - logistics to be applauded too.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:36am
Spot on McG.

The dimensions of the Hill where the stage is set up makes it. In summer when the gigs are on you get lots of natural light coming in to the stadium from behind and beside the stage and it adds to the event. As good a stadium for a gig as any out there !
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:00pm

Spot on McG.

The dimensions of the Hill where the stage is set up makes it. In summer when the gigs are on you get lots of natural light coming in to the stadium from behind and beside the stage and it adds to the event. As good a stadium for a gig as any out there !

I thought it was reported that the acoustics at the springsteen gig were awful
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Spot on McG.

I thought it was reported that the acoustics at the springsteen gig were awful
They were sh*te for ACDC and RHCP when I was there. Was in seats for both. Would not go to another stadium gig unless I had standing tickets and guaranteed to be near the front
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:46pm
Of topic Bronze I'll be on a job in Manchester on Wednesday and Thursday night so probably around for a beer Wednesday night. Wednesday is in the Etihad Stadium so we might be staying some where near there. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:30pm
Yeah seats at Croker are awful for a gig. You're basically watching the people on the pitch who are at a gig.

I was the opposite with the light too - hate having a gig with so much light flooding in. Really ruins the light shows that U2 and Coldplay were trying to put on. Springsteen last year came on stage at 7.30 - the sin was shining in the eyes of the Cusack stand for the first 2 hours of his set.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:39pm
Terrific gig. The highlights for me were Bad, Exit, Vertigo and Elevation. The last two mentioned are nowhere near my favourite U2 songs but both were brilliant on the night.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:48pm
Remember seeing u2 for the Vertigo tour and was on the stand for the Sat night and the pitch for the Monday and the difference in sound was huge. Would never go see anyone in a stadium and bot be on the pitch, unless I got free tickets and all I wanted to do was have a fee beers.

June and July gigs in Ireland are ruined by our north west location and how much daylight we get in the summer.

U2 in slane in August and September was perfect

Edited by Baldrick - 24 Jul 2017 at 1:49pm
AKA pedantic kunt
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:53pm
Thought Saturday was great gig was on the wheelchair platform about halfway down the pitch so had a perfect view of the stage and screen

Hearing the Joshua tree in full was special and the small extras like the fly over during streets were good. Getting the new song at the end was nice touch for the fans in attendance even though alot weren't aware of what the song was
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic